- Thai-backed Sheffield Wednesday 90 minutes from EPL return Updated: May-26-16 12:11 pm
Two of the feel-good stories in English soccer this season both started with Thai businessmen dreaming big for their teams.
- Midfielder Xhaka becomes Arsenal's first offseason signing Updated: May-25-16 9:12 am
LONDON - Arsenal began its offseason transfer activity early by signing Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka on Wednesday, adding another talented player to the most competitive area of the squad.
- Arsenal received bigger EPL windfall than champion Leicester Updated: May-24-16 12:44 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received the most Premier League prize money last season despite finishing behind champion Leicester.
- Van Gaal's legacy: Big spending, dull games, accent on youth Updated: May-23-16 4:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - So, after $375 million in transfers, two seasons of often mind-numbing soccer, one trophy and countless references to his "process" and "philosophy," Louis van Gaal is no longer manager of Manchester United. The English Premier League club announced his departure on Monday evening.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- Czech captain Tomas Rosicky returns to national team Updated: May-19-16 7:39 am
PRAGUE - Tomas Rosicky returned to the Czech Republic's national team on Thursday after almost a year out with injuries.
- Rashford gets England call to continue remarkable rise Updated: May-16-16 12:34 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Three months ago, Marcus Rashford hadn't started a game above under-19 level.
- Norway midfielder Nordveit to join West Ham Updated: May-16-16 11:12 am
LONDON - Norway midfielder Havard Nordveit will join West Ham on a free transfer on July 1 after his contract with German side Borussia Moenchengladbach ends.
- Arsenal secures 2nd place in EPL Updated: May-15-16 1:58 pm
LONDON - Arsenal ended the English Premier League season in second place after Olivier Giroud scored a hat trick on Sunday to lead Arsenal to a 4-0 victory over relegated Aston Villa.
- Welbeck out for 9 months with knee injury, to miss Euro 2016 Updated: May-11-16 12:11 pm
LONDON - England forward Danny Welbeck will miss the European Championship after being ruled out for nine months by Arsenal on Wednesday because of a knee injury.
- Man United loses to West Ham after team bus attacked Updated: May-10-16 9:57 pm
LONDON - Manchester United's hopes of Champions League football took a hit on Tuesday in a 3-2 defeat at West Ham that followed an attack on the visiting team's bus as it arrived for the match.
- Tottenham loses 2-1 at Southampton in Premier League Updated: May-08-16 2:36 pm
LONDON - Tottenham squandered a lead for the second time this week to lose 2-1 to Southampton on Sunday, jeopardizing its attempt to finish in second place in the English Premier League.
- Arsenal holds Man City to 2-2 draw in Premier League Updated: May-08-16 1:16 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Arsenal plunged Manchester City's Champions League qualification chances into doubt by twice coming from behind to draw 2-2 in a gripping Premier League game on Sunday.
- Leicester fans continue to celebrate their improbable title Updated: May-08-16 9:26 am
LEICESTER, England - A growing number of broken beer bottles crunched beneath their feet as thousands of Leicester supporters continued singing past midnight on the city's High Street on Sunday.
- Column: Up next for Leicester: "Multiple traps," coach warns Updated: May-06-16 10:55 am
PARIS - Claudio Ranieri and his Leicester players should cherish the moment of lifting the Premier League trophy. Because the histories of other modest clubs that surpassed themselves suggest that the fortunes of the odds-beating Foxes could plunge sharply from here.
- English soccer's superpowers shown up by little Leicester Updated: May-03-16 11:43 am
MANCHESTER, England - One by one, English soccer's supposed superpowers fell off the relentless pace set by Leicester in the Premier League title race.
- Ultimate underdog: Leicester triumph will inspire for years Updated: May-02-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - Whenever sporting fans say they dare to dream in future, Leicester City shows they really can. Sometimes it just takes a long, long time.
- Southampton eases past distracted Man City 4-2 in EPL Updated: May-01-16 2:11 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Sadio Mane scored a hat trick as Southampton eased past Manchester City 4-2 in the English Premier League on Sunday, when the visitors' minds seemed more on the Champions League.
- Arsenal edges past Norwich in 1-0 win on day of fan protest Updated: Apr-30-16 3:38 pm
LONDON - Substitute Danny Welbeck's second-half goal helped Arsenal to a 1-0 victory Saturday over relegation-threatened Norwich in the Premier League on a day of protests and division among the home fans.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.