- Diego Costa left out of Spain squad for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Oct-02-15 10:16 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday left Diego Costa out of the squad for the team's last two qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- Wenger irate with critics, threatens media with walk-out Updated: Oct-02-15 6:28 am
LONDON - Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger dismissed continued criticism of his team selection as "very, very, very, very boring" and threatened to walk out of a news conference Friday when questioned about Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.
- United visits Arsenal back in familiar position - as leader Updated: Oct-01-15 12:26 pm
For the first time in 110 weeks, Manchester United enters a Premier League game as the leader. And a trip to Arsenal on Sunday is the perfect platform for Louis van Gaal's side to justify - and fortify - its spot at the summit.
- Marseille midfielder Diarra earns call back with France Updated: Oct-01-15 9:58 am
PARIS - Marseille midfielder Lassana Diarra is back in France's squad for upcoming friendlies against Armenia and Denmark, five years after his last game with the national team.
- Ings, Alli get 1st England call-up for final qualifiers Updated: Oct-01-15 7:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool striker Danny Ings and Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli have been called up by England for the first time for the last two European Championship qualifiers.
- Olympiakos stuns Arsenal 3-2 in Champions League Updated: Sep-29-15 5:57 pm
LONDON - A goalkeeping blunder by David Ospina helped Olympiakos beat Arsenal 3-2 in the Champions League on Tuesday and leave the Gunners in real danger of its first group-stage exit in 16 years.
- Bayern Munich, Lewandowski at top of AP Global Football 10 Updated: Sep-29-15 12:35 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich and Robert Lewandowski took the top spots in The Associated Press Global Football 10 polls on Tuesday.
- Bayern hosts Dinamo Zagreb, Arsenal at home to Olympiakos Updated: Sep-28-15 7:43 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Robert Lewandowski was so sure he would score again that he was already wearing the t-shirt marking his achievement. When the Bayern Munich striker struck in Mainz, he lifted his jersey to show off a t-shirt with the number 100 spread across, celebrating his 100th Bundesliga goal.
- Barcelona to be tested without Messi in Champions League Updated: Sep-28-15 1:31 am
MADRID - Barcelona's first game without the injured Lionel Messi will be an important one in the Champions League.
- Arsenal beats Leicester 5-2 in Premier League Updated: Sep-26-15 12:14 pm
LEICESTER, England - Alexis Sanchez netted a hat trick to end his scoring drought as Arsenal came from behind to beat Leicester 5-2 Saturday in the Premier League.
- Arsenal successful in appealing Gabriel's red card Updated: Sep-22-15 6:41 pm
LONDON - Arsenal defender Gabriel Paulista has had a three-match ban for violent conduct withdrawn by the English Football Association following a successful appeal by the club after his red card against Chelsea.
- Chelsea's Costa banned for 3 matches by FA Updated: Sep-22-15 6:39 pm
LONDON - Chelsea striker Diego Costa was banned for three matches on Tuesday after a charge of violent conduct during his team's 2-0 win over Arsenal at Stamford Bridge was upheld by a disciplinary panel.
- FA charges Costa over violent conduct missed by officials Updated: Sep-21-15 12:11 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association has charged Chelsea striker Diego Costa over violent conduct missed by the officials in Saturday's victory over Arsenal.
- 2 sent off for Arsenal, Costa escapes red as Chelsea wins Updated: Sep-19-15 4:24 pm
LONDON - After an uncharacteristically feeble start by Chelsea to its Premier League title defense, the return of Diego Costa's fiery temperament was just what Jose Mourinho needed to rouse his under-performers against Arsenal.
- Dinamo Zagreb beats 10-man Arsenal 2-1 in Champions League Updated: Sep-16-15 7:02 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Dinamo Zagreb swept to a surprising 2-1 victory over 10-man Arsenal in the Champions League on Wednesday as the Londoners' made a dismal start to their campaign in Group F.
- Bayern Munich begins quest for 6th European Cup Updated: Sep-15-15 7:03 am
PIRAEUS, Greece - Bayern Munich begins the quest for its sixth European Cup at Olympiakos on Wednesday, while Arsenal opens its 18th successive Champions League campaign at Dinamo Zagreb.
- Arsenal beats Stoke 2-0 in Premier League Updated: Sep-12-15 11:56 am
LONDON - Arsenal strikers Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud scored a goal each Saturday in a 2-0 win over Stoke in the Premier League that still highlighted the team's inefficiency in attack.
- Premier League clubs to support migrant appeals Updated: Sep-11-15 2:00 pm
LONDON - Premier League clubs will promote a child refugee crisis appeal run by leading charity Save the Children this weekend, while Arsenal will donate one pound ($1.5) from each ticket sold in a response to the migrant crisis from top-flight English teams.
- Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has surgery on left knee Updated: Sep-03-15 9:35 am
LONDON - Arsenal says striker Danny Welbeck will be "out for a period of months" after having surgery on his left knee.