- Hulk scores twice for Zenit after missing World Cup draw Updated: Jul-26-15 9:59 am
YEKATERINBURG, Russia - Brazilian striker Hulk scored twice to power reigning champion Zenit St. Petersburg to a 4-1 win over Ural Yekaterinburg in the Russian Premier League on Sunday.
- CONMEBOL leader Napout hopes to play scandal-hit Centenario Updated: Jul-24-15 1:36 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - CONMEBOL member countries still want to play the 2016 Copa America Centenario in the United States despite an ongoing bribery investigation, their president Juan Angel Napout said Friday.
- US to play Brazil in exhibition at Foxborough on Sept 8 Updated: Jul-23-15 12:45 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. soccer team will play an exhibition against Brazil on Sept. 8 at Foxborough, Massachusetts.
- Brazil-Argentina US friendly canceled as FIFA probe fallout Updated: Jul-21-15 8:26 pm
SAO PAULO - A friendly between Brazil and Argentina planned in the United States in September has been canceled as part of the fallout from the investigation into alleged corruption involving FIFA.
- Brazil's soccer chief decides not to travel to Switzerland Updated: Jul-18-15 1:35 am
SAO PAULO - The president of the Brazilian football confederation will not attend FIFA's upcoming executive committee meeting in Switzerland, where his predecessor was arrested on corruption charges less than two months ago.
- Uruguayan soccer great Alcides Ghiggia dies at 88 Updated: Jul-16-15 8:20 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Alcides Edgardo Ghiggia, the Uruguayan soccer great who scored the late winning goal in a stunning 2-1 victory over Brazil in the final game of the 1950 World Cup, died Thursday. He was 88.
- Brazil still trying to regroup a year after 7-1 loss Updated: Jul-08-15 11:57 am
SAO PAULO - Brazil is still trying to regroup a year after its worst loss ever.
- Alves: Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil's national team Updated: Jul-07-15 3:54 pm
SAO PAULO - Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil at last year's World Cup but local football officials were afraid that fans wouldn't like having a foreign coach in charge of the national team, Barcelona defender Daniel Alves said Tuesday.
- Some of the saddest own goals in soccer Updated: Jul-02-15 7:17 pm
Laura Bassett bent over, pulled her soccer jersey over her face and sobbed. Her teammates gathered around her, but nothing they said could make it better.
- Striker Robinho leaves Brazilian club to play in China Updated: Jul-01-15 12:48 am
SAO PAULO - Veteran Brazil striker Robinho said Tuesday that he is leaving Brazilian club Santos and will reportedly play in China for Guangzhou Evergrande, now coached by Luiz Felipe Scolari.
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final Updated: Jun-30-15 11:21 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Lionel Messi helped set up five goals as Argentina trounced Paraguay 6-1 in the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday, setting up a final against host Chile.