- Maryland football coach Randy Edsall gets 3-year extension Updated: Jun-30-15 2:09 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland football coach Randy Edsall has been rewarded with a three-year contract extension after guiding the Terrapins to consecutive winning seasons and back-to-back bowl bids.
- Nebraska QB Stanton transferring after taking limited snaps Updated: Jun-25-15 6:51 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska reserve quarterback Johnny Stanton is transferring.
- New Pitt AD Barnes focusing on football Updated: Jun-25-15 6:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Barnes has been on the job less than two weeks, yet the new Pittsburgh athletic director already has a clear vision about what should be the top item of his "to do" list. It's the same as the second. And the third. And the fourth.
- Iowa expecting dip in season ticket sales Updated: Jun-23-15 4:30 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa expects its number of season tickets sold to drop by as many as 4,000 this fall.
- Purdue DE Robinson arrested for OWI, alcohol possession Updated: Jun-22-15 4:20 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue sophomore defensive end Gelen Robinson has been arrested for operating a vehicle with a blood-alcohol content of 0.15 percent or higher and illegal possession of an alcoholic beverage.
- Brees commits to give $1 million to Purdue to build program Updated: Jun-21-15 5:33 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has committed to donating $1 million to his alma mater Purdue to help build its football program.
- Rutgers' athletic facility upgrades approved by board Updated: Jun-18-15 5:53 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Rutgers University's football team would get exclusive use of a refurbished Hale Center and a multi-use facility for men's and women's basketball would be built next to the Rutgers Athletic Center as part of a master plan approved by the university's board of governors Thursday.
- Indiana boots top tackler off football team after arrest Updated: Jun-17-15 7:00 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University kicked starting safety Antonio Allen off the football team Wednesday after his arrest on drug-dealing charges.
- Rutgers' Flood coaches in Special Olympics camp Updated: Jun-17-15 6:18 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers coach Kyle Flood says he hopes he gave about 200 middle- and high-school kids an experience to talk about throughout the school year.
- Michigan fan inked with 12 Wolverines-themed tattoos Updated: Jun-15-15 11:21 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - It's no secret that Jay Rhadigan loves his wife. He's got a portrait of her - wearing a red dress, holding a hockey stick - tattooed on his upper right arm, and he talks about how great she is to anyone who will listen.
- Ex-Illinois football staffer sentenced for gun violation Updated: Jun-11-15 7:17 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Former University of Illinois football staff member Matt Sinclair has been sentenced to 18 months of probation and 100 hours of community service for a weapons violation.
- Purdue's former starting QB Etling looking to transfer Updated: Jun-11-15 5:13 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Quarterback Danny Etling will transfer from Purdue.
- Huskers LB Santos won't return; 2 other players to transfer Updated: Jun-11-15 4:12 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska's depth issue at linebacker became more problematic Thursday with coach Mike Riley's announcement that David Santos would not be with the Cornhuskers this season.
- Illinois adds Duke series to 2025, '26 football schedules Updated: Jun-05-15 11:37 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois and Duke have agreed to play a home-and-home series in the 2025 and 2026 football seasons.