- Wyoming has 14 in-state players on roster Updated: Aug-29-15 4:26 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - If Josh Harshman was two years older, he might not have landed at Wyoming.
- Illinois to broadcast football games in Chinese Updated: Aug-29-15 1:49 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A surge in students from China has prompted the University of Illinois to add Chinese-language broadcasts of its football games this season.
- Cubit tries to focus on football amid Illinois uncertainty Updated: Aug-29-15 10:45 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Next up for Bill Cubit is Illinois' season opener against Kent State, and that's it. The interim coach is focused on what he can control at the troubled school.
- Illinois fires coach Tim Beckman 1 week before season opener Updated: Aug-28-15 11:15 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A week before the start of the football season, a difficult summer for the University of Illinois became chaotic as coach Tim Beckman was fired after an investigation found he tried to influence medical decisions and pressure players to play with injuries.
- Beckman denies Illinois probe's findings, hints at lawsuit Updated: Aug-28-15 7:18 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Fire Illinois football coach Tim Beckman says the findings of an investigation indicating he interfered with medical procedures and pressured players to play hurt are "utterly false" and suggested he might take legal action.
- Chryst, Wisconsin starting to focus No. 3 Alabama Updated: Aug-27-15 9:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - First-year coach Paul Chryst and the Wisconsin Badgers are starting to focus on their opener against No. 3 Alabama on Sept. 5 in Arlington, Texas.
- A week before opener, Harbaugh still quiet on QB competition Updated: Aug-27-15 9:24 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Don't expect any announcement on Michigan's starting quarterback before next week.
- Penn State hopes Hamilton's success at wideout trickles down Updated: Aug-27-15 2:06 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - When DaeSean Hamilton made his college football debut last season, he looked like a man trying to make up for lost time.
- 2 Illinois players suspended indefinitely Updated: Aug-26-15 11:56 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois coach Tim Beckman has suspended a pair of defensive players for unspecified violations of team policies.
- Ohio State loses WR Brown for season to left leg injury Updated: Aug-26-15 9:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State wide receiver Noah Brown injured his left leg during practice Wednesday and will miss the season.
- Indiana administration expects athletes to behave better Updated: Aug-26-15 9:29 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University President Michael McRobbie sent a tough message to the athletic department this week: It's time for Hoosiers athletes to shape up or they may be on their way out.
- Rutgers coach: Didn't know of investigation when contacted Updated: Aug-26-15 3:24 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers coach Kyle Flood said Wednesday that when he was contacted by university officials about communicating with a faculty member regarding the academic status of a player, he didn't know he was being investigated for possibly violating school or NCAA rules.
- Appleby to start at QB for Purdue Updated: Aug-25-15 10:12 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Junior quarterback Austin Appleby has won the starting job at Purdue.
- Rutgers suspends Carroo, Laviano, 3 others for half a game Updated: Aug-25-15 5:30 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers has suspended star receiver Leonte Carroo and quarterback Chris Laviano, along with three other players, for the first half of its season opener against Norfolk State for a curfew violation. Coach Kyle Flood said Laviano, who was competing to be the starting quarterback, tried using a fake ID.
- Injuries already causing problems for plenty of Top 25 teams Updated: Aug-25-15 2:27 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has no time to celebrate its first Top 25 appearance in three years.
- Pick 6: Most intriguing games of the season Updated: Aug-25-15 2:59 am
Every game counts. Some games count more than others.
- The Sanchize connecting UNLV football to Las Vegas Updated: Aug-24-15 9:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - Tony Sanchez carved out a corner of celebrity in a town full of high rollers and high-wire acts as a high school football coach.
- Iowa turns to sophomore Myers to replace Scherff Updated: Aug-24-15 6:05 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The public debut for Boone Myers as Iowa's starting left tackle was largely a disaster.
- OSU fans in some seats can buy alcohol at stadium this year Updated: Aug-24-15 8:33 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Beer and wine will be sold at football games in Ohio Stadium this year, but only in the high-roller seating areas.
- Unanimous choice: Ohio State is No. 1 in AP preseason Top 25 Updated: Aug-23-15 2:09 pm
Ohio State is the first unanimous preseason No. 1 in The Associated Press college football poll.
- Flood getting close to picking Scarlet Knights quarterback Updated: Aug-23-15 10:48 am
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers coach Kyle Flood is taking longer than expected to choose his starting quarterback.
- Legal showdown looms over the NCAA's ban on paying athletes Updated: Aug-22-15 12:10 pm
ATLANTA - Fresh off a ruling that Northwestern University football players can't form a union, the NCAA is about to face a more direct challenge to its longstanding policy of not letting schools pay athletes like they're professionals.
- Meyer's new mantra: Embrace the grind, but enjoy the success Updated: Aug-22-15 11:56 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Victory meal is a tradition for Urban Meyer's teams and pretty much a weekly occurrence during football season since the coach got to Ohio State in 2012 - just as it was when he was at Florida.
- Indiana, Louisville agree to series for football, basketball Updated: Aug-21-15 2:24 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana and Louisville will play three future games in football and men's basketball.
- After 3-year run, season of change arrives for East Carolina Updated: Aug-21-15 10:11 am
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - East Carolina has beaten power-conference teams, put up big offensive numbers and even popped into the national rankings during an impressive three-year run. Now the Pirates must prove they have some staying power.