- Doctors Without Borders: 19 dead in Afghan clinic airstrike Updated: Oct-03-15 3:56 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Confusion reigned in the wake of the deadly bombing Saturday of a hospital compound in the northern Afghan city of Kunduz run by the international medical charity Doctors Without Borders, which killed at least 19 people and wounded dozens more. It remains unclear exactly who bombed the hospital and the charity has demanded an investigation into the incident.
- The Latest: Moon condemns deadly Kunduz hospital bombing Updated: Oct-03-15 3:48 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest developments from Afghanistan, where the international charity Doctors Without Borders says that at least 19 people were killed when its clinic came under "sustained bombing" as government and international forces continue to battle Taliban fighters in the northern city of Kunduz (all times local):
- Wisconsin airman among 11 dead in Afghanistan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 8:19 pm
MILWAUKEE - An airman from Wisconsin was among the 11 people killed when a U.S. Air Force military transport crashed at a base in Afghanistan, his sister said Friday.
- 6 US airmen among at least 11 dead in Afghan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 1:04 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - A U.S. Air Force C-130J military transport plane crashed overnight at an air base in eastern Afghanistan, killing six American airmen and five civilians on the aircraft, the U.S. military said Friday.
- The Latest: Afghan president says Kunduz fully recaptured Updated: Oct-01-15 11:53 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest developments as the Afghan government announced it has retaken control of the northern city of Kunduz, which was captured by the Taliban earlier this week (all times local).
- US pitches investors on Afghan airfields as drawdown looms Updated: Sep-30-15 7:34 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - U.S. and Afghan officials pitched investors Wednesday on doing business on military airfields that NATO troops will withdraw from in Afghanistan, even as the Taliban insurgency rages on in the country.
- Fort Campbell soldiers returning from Afghanistan Updated: Sep-23-15 4:01 am
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky - Hundreds of Fort Campbell soldiers who have been in Afghanistan advising the Afghan National Army are expected back at the post on the Kentucky-Tennessee state line this week.
- Kabul rejects claim that Afghanistan behind Peshawar attack Updated: Sep-19-15 3:23 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Afghan government on Saturday rejected Pakistan's claim that a militant attack on a military base near Peshawar was planned and controlled from Afghanistan.
- Pakistan renews commitment to facilitate Afghan peace talks Updated: Sep-04-15 4:55 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Foreign Ministry spokesman says Islamabad is still ready to facilitate the revival of stalled peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban.