- Texans' Clowney won't be ready for start of training camp Updated: Jul-27-15 11:27 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have placed outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney on the physically unable to perform list.
- Mike Wallace aims for more than deep throws with Vikings Updated: Jul-27-15 8:42 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings acquired Mike Wallace for his speed and his experience at the wide receiver position.
- Steelers ready for dynamic offense to take flight Updated: Jul-27-15 7:41 pm
LATROBE, Pennsylvania - Todd Haley came up with the number. Ben Roethlisberger didn't see any reason to argue.
- Johnny Manziel still No. 2 behind Josh McCown for Browns Updated: Jul-27-15 6:55 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Johnny Manziel had an uneventful summer, but his improved behavior hasn't changed his position on Cleveland's depth chart.
- Sabres shakeup: Brandon replaces Black as team president Updated: Jul-27-15 6:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Bills president Russ Brandon dressed for the occasion Monday, when it came time to discuss his new expanded role of overseeing Buffalo's other pro sports franchise, the NHL's Sabres.
- Colts continue fine-tuning roster along offensive line Updated: Jul-27-15 4:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts are still trying to firm up their offensive line.
- Former Colts QB Trudeau charged with drunken driving Updated: Jul-27-15 3:27 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - Former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Jack Trudeau has been arrested on preliminary charges of operating while intoxicated, public intoxication and intimidating a police officer.
- AP sources: NFL close to new football inspection rules Updated: Jul-27-15 3:21 pm
The NFL is preparing to send out instructions to game officials and teams explaining new rules for inspecting footballs.
- Steelers celebrate 50th year at St. Vincent College Updated: Jul-26-15 8:10 pm
LATROBE, Pennsylvania - The Steelers opened training camp Sunday at St. Vincent College with a special celebration ommemorating their 50th anniversary at the small school an hour southeast of Pittsburgh.
- Colts release Gosder Cherilus; tackle slowed by injuries Updated: Jul-26-15 2:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts wanted Gosder Cherilus back to help anchor their offensive line this season. They just weren't willing to take a big gamble on a 31-year-old right tackle coming off knee surgery.
- Stable Steelers arrive in style for training camp Updated: Jul-25-15 6:30 pm
LATROBE, Pennsylvania - Antonio Brown couldn't say no. How often does Rolls-Royce ask if you would like to ride to work in a $500,000 car?
- Broncos DE Derek Wolfe suspended 4 games Updated: Jul-24-15 4:09 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - His scary spinal injury behind him along with the ill-fitting 4-3 defense, Derek Wolfe couldn't wait for the 2015 season to get here.
- Prosecutors spent $462,000 on Aaron Hernandez prosecution Updated: Jul-24-15 1:05 pm
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - The investigation and murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez cost prosecutors nearly half a million dollars, a spokesman said Friday.
- Chiefs cornerback Smith suspended 3 games for DUI arrest Updated: Jul-24-15 12:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs cornerback Sean Smith will miss the first three games of the regular season, including matchups against the Broncos' Peyton Manning and Packers' Aaron Rodgers, after he was suspended Friday for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
- Biletnikoff helps build fitting tribute to slain daughter Updated: Jul-24-15 2:38 am
LOOMIS, California - Fred Biletnikoff beamed as the girls from the substance abuse home named for his slain daughter spoke of how Tracey's Place of Hope has helped them.
- Officers punished for detainment of NFL player Nate Allen Updated: Jul-23-15 4:03 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - Officials say four southwest Florida police officers have been punished for the wrongful detainment of Oakland Raiders safety Nate Allen.
- AP source: Union offered NFL settlement on Brady suspension Updated: Jul-23-15 11:56 am
The players' union proposed a settlement on Tom Brady's four-game suspension last week that was "met with silence" by the NFL, a person familiar with the proposal told The Associated Press.
- Steelers, coach Mike Tomlin agree to 2-year extension Updated: Jul-23-15 10:57 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers and coach Mike Tomlin have agreed to a contract extension that will keep him with the team through 2018.
- Bills receiver Goodwin gets silver in long jump at Pan Am Updated: Jul-22-15 8:21 pm
TORONTO - Buffalo Bills wide receiver Marquise Goodwin has won a silver medal in the long jump at the Pan Am Games, leaping 27 feet, 1 3/4 inches (8.27 meters).
- Browns sign lineman, place two picks on injured lists Updated: Jul-22-15 5:51 pm
CLEVELAND - The Browns have signed offensive lineman Joe Madsen and placed rookie draft picks Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and Randall Telfer on the active/non-football injury list.
- Late Buffalo Bills owner Wilson's foundation outlines plans Updated: Jul-22-15 1:08 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The foundation created by late Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson will deliver $1.2 billion over the next 20 years to causes in western New York and southeastern Michigan.
- Late Buffalo Bills owner Wilson's foundation outlines plans Updated: Jul-22-15 12:50 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The foundation created by the late founder of the Buffalo Bills will deliver $1.2 billion over the next 20 years to causes in western New York and southeastern Michigan.
- Titans announce deal with Mariota Updated: Jul-21-15 9:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota signed with the Tennessee Titans on Tuesday, becoming the last of the NFL's first-round draft picks to finalize his deal.
- Bills cut offensive tackle Hunter 3 weeks after signing him Updated: Jul-21-15 5:42 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Offensive tackle Wayne Hunter's chance to revive his career with the Buffalo Bills didn't last long.
- Titans wide receiver Hunter granted bond by Virginia judge Updated: Jul-21-15 4:58 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Tennessee Titans wide receiver Justin Hunter was granted bond by a Virginia judge on Tuesday, a day after turning himself in to authorities in his hometown on a charge of malicious wounding.