- Kansas court says lawsuit over 2009 budget move will proceed Updated: Aug-28-15 8:22 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court is allowing businesses and trade groups to go forward with a lawsuit challenging a financial maneuver used by the state in 2009 to help balance its budget.
- 1 dies after collision with Kansas City, Kansas, police car Updated: Aug-28-15 1:01 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Kansas Highway Patrol is investigating after a man died when the car he was riding in collided with a Kansas City, Kansas, police car.
- S. Carolina, Kansas governors: No Guantanamo detainees Updated: Aug-25-15 3:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The governors of South Carolina and Kansas are threatening to sue the Obama administration if detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, are brought to military installations in either state.
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others Updated: Aug-23-15 1:16 pm
MILLER, Kansas - A 9-year-old Kansas boy has died in an all-terrain vehicle crash in Lyon County.
- McFarland, former Kansas Supreme Court chief justice, dies Updated: Aug-18-15 6:45 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kay McFarland, the first female chief justice of the Kansas Supreme Court, has died. She was 80.
- Lawrence man, 19, struck, killed in Johnson County Updated: Aug-12-15 11:05 am
OLATHE, Kansas - Authorities have identified a 19-year-old man struck and killed by a vehicle on a highway in Johnson County.
- Judge voids Kansas same-sex marriage ban as unconstitutional Updated: Aug-10-15 5:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas ban on same-sex marriages is unconstitutional in the wake of the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex unions nationwide, a federal judge ruled Monday.
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule Updated: Aug-09-15 11:22 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Many Kansas Republicans are critical of the federal government's efforts to cut carbon emissions from power plants.
- No Kansas reports on fetal tissue in 15 years Updated: Aug-06-15 4:39 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas has not received a single report on the handling of fetal tissue in the 15 years that the information has been legally required whenever such tissue is transferred, the state health department has disclosed amid a national debate over abortion providers' activities.
- Single-engine plane overturns after hitting deer in Kansas Updated: Aug-05-15 8:29 am
KINGMAN, Kansas - A single-engine plane overturned after striking a deer during takeoff in south-central Kansas.
- Kansas Supreme Court to hear cases in Garden City in October Updated: Aug-05-15 5:04 am
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court is taking its show on the road in October with a special evening session in southwest Kansas.
- Kansas ends $25 limit on ATM withdrawals of cash benefits Updated: Aug-04-15 8:50 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas has eliminated a $25-a-day limit on ATM withdrawals with cash assistance cards over concerns from U.S. officials about the much-criticized part of a larger effort to ensure that poor families use their benefits for necessities and not alcohol, gambling or luxuries such as concerts or tattoos.
- Kansas lawmakers to reopen debate over police body cameras Updated: Aug-04-15 5:08 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators are reopening their debate over requiring body cameras for police, and a key Republican says he's determined to resolve issues that kept lawmakers from enacting such a policy in the year following a white officer's shooting of a black 18-year-old in Ferguson, Missouri.
- Kansas lawmakers worry over shortfall in sales tax revenues Updated: Aug-04-15 5:04 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators are concerned about lower-than-anticipated sales tax collections by the state over the past few months.
- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget Updated: Aug-02-15 1:53 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's latest efforts to prevent a state budget deficit were assisted by a well-timed decision on health care funding from federal officials and better-than-expected news about teacher pensions.
- 7 Kansas communities receive airport project funding Updated: Jul-31-15 6:19 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The state is awarding seven communities funding for airport projects.