- House digs into Senate GOP bill to overhaul public pensions Updated: Jun-02-15 6:44 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A key Pennsylvania state Republican House lawmaker signaled support Tuesday for major provisions in a Senate Republican plan to end the traditional pension benefit for school and state government employees.
- State House Republicans push Wolf taxes to unanimous defeat Updated: Jun-01-15 7:23 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A measure combining all of Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf's proposed tax increases went down unanimously Monday in the state House, but Republicans and Democrats had much different reasons for voting against it.
- Philly lawmaker Waters pleads guilty in lobbyist sting case Updated: Jun-01-15 5:24 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Democratic state lawmaker has formally resigned his seat in Pennsylvania's House of Representatives after pleading guilty to nine counts of conflict of interest.
- Pennsylvania lawmaker back in public after motorcycle crash Updated: May-29-15 2:50 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A high-ranking Pennsylvania state senator from Allentown who is facing a drunken driving charge is back in public, four weeks after being injured in a motorcycle accident.
- Democrat Sabatina wins Stack's Philadelphia Senate seat Updated: May-19-15 9:13 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Democrat John Sabatina Jr. will join the Pennsylvania state Senate and take the northeast Philadelphia seat left vacant when Mike Stack became lieutenant governor.
- Correction: Michigan Energy story Updated: May-18-15 2:29 pm
LANSING, Michigan - In a story May 16 about natural gas becoming a primary source for generating energy in Michigan, The Associated Press, relying on information from DTE Energy, erroneously reported the year that the utility expects to close two coal plants. It is in 2016, not 2018.
- Pa. officials report more than $160K in gifts, travel in '14 Updated: May-16-15 9:52 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Newly filed state ethics reports show Pennsylvania state lawmakers and other high-ranking government officials collected more than $160,000 in freebies last year, including sports tickets and international travel, although about half the total involved donations for constituent events such as senior expos, veterans fairs and prescription drug collections.
- Pennsylvania Senate's medical marijuana bill hits opposition Updated: May-15-15 4:47 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania state Senate's bill legalizing medical marijuana has landed in a House committee headed by a Republican who opposes the authorization of any drug without the federal government's approval first.
- Pennsylvania to fly flags at half-staff after Amtrak crash Updated: May-13-15 12:11 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf is ordering that all Pennsylvania flags be lowered at the state Capitol and office buildings to honor the victims and passengers of the deadly Amtrak train derailment in Philadelphia.
- State House approves plan to cut billions in property taxes Updated: May-12-15 9:20 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A plan to replace nearly $5 billion in the property taxes that are used to fund public education in Pennsylvania with higher sales and income taxes passed the state House on Tuesday, placing the issue squarely before lawmakers at the start of peak dealmaking season.
- Annual gun rights rally draws hundreds to Pa. Capitol Updated: May-12-15 11:46 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania lawmakers are hearing from hundreds of gun rights activists in what's become an annual Harrisburg event.
- Medical marijuana bill heads for Pennsylvania Senate vote Updated: May-11-15 5:40 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A newly expanded medical marijuana bill is expected to pass the Pennsylvania Senate, although its prospects remain unclear in the House.
- Special elections set for August for 2 Pa. House vacancies Updated: May-11-15 4:02 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Vacancies in state House districts in the Harrisburg suburbs and outside Chester will be filled during special elections scheduled for this summer.
- Latest on GOP pension plan: Democrats say it's unfair Updated: May-06-15 2:49 pm
- Senate GOP advances bills on labor negotiations, contracts Updated: May-06-15 2:10 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill to require government employers to publicly post proposed collective bargaining agreements online two weeks before they are finalized is advancing after heated exchanges during Pennsylvania Senate debate.
- Pennsylvania House votes to cut own ranks, trim Senate Updated: May-05-15 7:23 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania state representatives took a step Tuesday toward trimming dozens of members from the Legislature, the latest move in a campaign to amend the state constitution that for several years has frustrated its supporters.
- Pa. House approves increasing 911 phone bill fee to $1.65 Updated: May-04-15 6:50 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvanians may soon be paying a larger monthly fee on their phone bills following state House passage on Monday of a measure designed to help counties fund their 911 emergency communications centers.