- Bills to expand gambling to internet, bars and airports fail Updated: May-24-16 5:53 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Legislation that would expand casino-style gambling to airports, bars, off-track betting parlors and casino-run websites is stalling in Pennsylvania's House of Representatives.
- 19th century murder scandal subject of new exhibit, book Updated: May-24-16 12:20 pm
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - Nicholas Dukes was a Uniontown attorney, newly elected to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, when he wrote a letter in December 1882, insulting the virtue of his fiance, Lizzie Nutt, to her father as he broke off their engagement.
- Man announces Pennsylvania House bid after prison release Updated: May-20-16 12:07 pm
JIM THORPE, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania man has announced his candidacy for state representative just hours after being released from a county prison.
- Pennsylvania to extend ignition locks law to first offenses Updated: May-18-16 5:27 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf will sign a measure that expands Pennsylvania's ignition lock law to first-time drunken drivers.
- Pennsylvania House votes to expand pension forfeiture law Updated: May-18-16 3:45 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania lawmakers are considering a proposal to expand the state law that requires forfeiture of pensions for school and government employees convicted of job-related crimes.
- Illegal gambling hearing for Rep. Gergely delayed once again Updated: May-18-16 6:31 am
GIBSONIA, Pennsylvania - A preliminary hearing for a Pennsylvania lawmaker accused of using his political influence to benefit an illegal video gambling ring has been postponed again.
- Pennsylvania to require anti-hazing policies in schools Updated: May-17-16 5:37 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Legislation that would require high schools and middle schools to write and enforce anti-hazing policies is through the Pennsylvania Legislature and on its way to Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf's desk.
- Pennsylvania state senator charged with ward election plot Updated: May-10-16 8:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Federal prosecutors on Tuesday accused a state senator of using campaign money to bribe a Democratic Party ward committeewoman in Philadelphia by paying for her daughter's college study abroad program.
- The Latest: State senator charged with ward election plot Updated: May-10-16 7:27 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a state senator being charged with bribing a Democratic Party ward committeewoman in Philadelphia in a ward leadership election.
- Bill would overhaul truancy response after mom's jail death Updated: May-10-16 5:43 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Senate is advancing legislation in response to a 2014 jail-cell death of a mother of seven who was serving a weekend sentence for her children's absences from school.
- Correction: Dennis Hastert-Legislation story Updated: May-05-16 11:48 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In a story May 4 about Illinois legislation that would eliminate the statute of limitations on child sex abuse crimes, The Associated Press reported erroneously that former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert paid $3.5 million to silence someone who accused him of sexual abuse. Hastert agreed to pay that amount, but he ultimately paid only $1.7 million and the victim is now suing him to collect the rest.