- Dem about to become longest-serving House member loses race Updated: Apr-26-16 9:55 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia Democrat who's about to become the longest-serving member in the history of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives has lost his bid for re-election.
- White House distances Obama from robocall backing Rep Fattah Updated: Apr-26-16 6:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House is distancing itself from a robocall using President Barack Obama's voice and urging Pennsylvania voters to choose Rep. Chaka Fattah in Tuesday's Democratic primary.
- Wolf lets last budget bill become law without his signature Updated: Apr-22-16 7:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Legislation directing the distribution of $200 million to Pennsylvania's public school districts and authorizing up to $2.5 billion in borrowing for the state share of school construction costs will take effect Monday, the governor's office said.
- Adwatch: Pennsylvania Senate race ad on Wall Street bonuses Updated: Apr-22-16 11:22 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - THEME: Katie McGinty, a Democratic primary candidate for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania, is airing a new TV ad attacking a 2009 congressional vote by a rival, Joe Sestak, on a bill to restrict employee bonuses at financial institutions bailed out with taxpayer money. Sestak's campaign is responding with a TV ad of its own.
- Spending on Pennsylvania Senate bolstered in final days Updated: Apr-21-16 4:59 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Spending is growing by leaps in Pennsylvania's hotly contested Democratic primary for U.S. Senate and could push past $13 million. That's among this year's most expensive Senate races.
- Pennsylvania launches 24th US medical marijuana program Updated: Apr-17-16 3:40 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania has become the 24th state to legalize a comprehensive medical marijuana program.
- The Latest: Pennsylvania to be 24th medical marijuana state Updated: Apr-13-16 8:02 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on medical marijuana legislation in Pennsylvania (all times local):
- Ex-pol's grandson drops candidacy, saying he would hate job Updated: Apr-13-16 10:04 am
MONESSEN, Pennsylvania - The grandson of a former state House speaker is quitting the race for the seat his grandfather once held, saying he now realizes he would hate the job.
- Pa. House approves more time to sue over child sex abuse Updated: Apr-12-16 5:36 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania lawmakers voted Tuesday to give victims of child sexual abuse more time to sue and more time for prosecutors to bring charges against perpetrators.
- Bill that would limit Pennsylvania abortions left in limbo Updated: Apr-11-16 7:04 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A legislative proposal to place new limits on abortion in the state was left in limbo Monday after Republican House leaders pulled it from a final vote amid a veto warning from the Democratic governor.
- Wolf urges lawmakers not to pass new abortion restrictions Updated: Apr-08-16 5:29 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf urged state lawmakers Friday not to hold a vote next week on bill to place new limits to abortions in Pennsylvania and again said he'll veto the measure if it passes.
- Pennsylvania House approves industrial hemp bill Updated: Apr-06-16 9:54 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania House has approved a bill to create a pilot program for industrial hemp research.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-06-16 12:02 pm
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- 3 new Pennsylvania House members take oath of office Updated: Apr-05-16 11:43 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Three new members have taken the oath of office as members of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
- Pennsylvania Senate candidates: Where the Democrats stand Updated: Apr-02-16 12:55 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A look at where Pennsylvania's three Democratic candidates for U.S. Senate - John Fetterman, Joe Sestak and Katie McGinty - stand on a selection of issues, from abortion to trade. The primary election is April 26.
- Lawmaker: Engineers must address delay in locks, dams repair Updated: Mar-31-16 12:13 pm
MOON, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania congressman is calling on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to address delays in a $2.3 billion plan to repair three weathered locks and dams on the Ohio River.
- Rep. Marc Gergely's hearing on gambling charges postponed Updated: Mar-30-16 11:40 am
GIBSONIA, Pennsylvania - A preliminary hearing for a Pennsylvania lawmaker accused of using his political influence to benefit an illegal video gambling ring has been postponed.