- Wolf says he won't cave on demand to fix state's deficit Updated: Oct-13-15 5:25 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf said Tuesday he won't cave on his demand that lawmakers agree to measures to wipe out a long-term deficit that has plunged Pennsylvania's credit rating into the bottom ranks of states.
- Pennsylvania Senate eyes limit on union dues, PAC collection Updated: Oct-13-15 5:14 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Republicans in the Pennsylvania state Senate are advancing legislation that would weaken the ability of public-sector labor unions to collect full dues and political action committee contributions from members' paychecks.
- Facing a huge deficit, Pennsylvania eyes gambling for help Updated: Oct-12-15 3:31 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Republican lawmakers in Pennsylvania are taking steps toward the state's third expansion of gambling in six years as a source of cash before they raise taxes to balance a deep budget deficit.
- Pennsylvania Senate hopefuls give peek at early fundraising Updated: Oct-07-15 5:02 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Two Democrats who just joined the nomination race to challenge for Republican Pat Toomey's U.S. Senate seat are reporting their first quarterly campaign finance tallies.
- Another Pennsylvania school district eyes shutting down Updated: Sep-25-15 2:07 pm
CARBONDALE, Pennsylvania - Another school district is warning that it may choose to shut down instead of borrowing money to weather Pennsylvania state government's budget stalemate.
- House considers designating English Pennsylvania's language Updated: Sep-21-15 2:35 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A proposal before the Pennsylvania Legislature would make English the state's official language for government purposes, but some argue it could send a hostile message to residents who don't speak it.
- A look at the differences in what Republicans, Wolf want Updated: Sep-18-15 10:48 am
The budget stalemate between Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf and leaders of the House and Senate Republican majorities in the Pennsylvania Legislature has hit 80 days. Here is a summary of their key objectives and what they have made public about their compromise offers: