- No. 20 Providence falls 96-91 in double OT to Marquette Updated: Feb-10-16 11:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - Providence coach Ed Cooley summed up his team's night in two words.
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime Updated: Feb-10-16 11:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - Henry Ellenson smiled and seemed to bounce around with nervous energy after playing 48 minutes. Coach Steve Wojciechowski had a raspy voice as he talked about being so tense that he needed an ice bath.
- Martin scores 23, Dunham 18 as Butler beats Seton Hall 81-75 Updated: Feb-10-16 10:21 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Once Butler contained Isaiah Whitehead after a 23-point first half, beating Seton Hall became more manageable.
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Updated: Feb-10-16 4:06 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - When Maurice Watson transferred from Boston University to Creighton, he encountered plenty of doubters who told him he lacked the size to survive in the Big East.
- Led by freshman Ellenson, young Marquette seeks Feb. push Updated: Feb-10-16 2:35 am
MILWAUKEE - With 15 wins in coach Steve Wojciechowski's second season on the bench, Marquette seems to playing well for a team that relies so heavily on a young cast led by touted freshman Henry Ellenson.
- Big deficit sinks No. 5 Xavier in 70-56 loss to Creighton Updated: Feb-09-16 11:58 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Fifth-ranked Xavier found itself down 17 points early against Creighton, and the way the Musketeers were shooting and Bluejays point guard Maurice Watson was dominating, there really was no chance for a comeback.
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team Updated: Feb-09-16 11:46 pm
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Josh Hart paced a balanced attack on offense. Darryl Reynolds and Daniel Ochefu patrolled the inside. Jalen Brunson and Kris Jenkins pitched in here and there.
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier Updated: Feb-09-16 11:34 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Creighton 7-footer Geoffrey Groselle couldn't help but admire the show Maurice Watson put on against Xavier.
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:27 pm
WASHINGTON - D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera scored 24 points, moving into sixth place on Georgetown's all-time scoring list, and the Hoyas crushed St. John's 92-67 on Monday night.
- No. 5 Xavier having best season with lot of room yet to grow Updated: Feb-08-16 5:32 pm
CINCINNATI - No Xavier team has won 20 games so quickly or been ranked so high. Yet the No. 5 Musketeers don't seem all that impressed by the inroads they've made in the school's basketball history.
- Villanova latest No. 1 in AP poll; 6th top team this season Updated: Feb-08-16 3:34 pm
Villanova joined an exclusive club Monday. The Wildcats are now among the 57 schools to have been ranked No. 1 in The Associated Press college basketball poll.
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time Updated: Feb-08-16 1:38 pm
Villanova is No. 1 in The Associated Press college basketball poll for the first time.
- Delgado scores 19 points, Seton Hall beats Georgetown 69-61 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:28 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - For the second game in a row, Angel Delgado tied a career high with 19 points and Seton Hall beat Georgetown 69-61 on Saturday night.
- Martin leads Butler to 89-56 win over St. John's Updated: Feb-06-16 7:48 pm
NEW YORK - Roosevelt Jones doesn't look like your standard college point guard. He has the build - 6-foot-4, 225 pounds - to be a linebacker and he's listed as a guard-forward. He is a point guard, though, and he proved it once again on Saturday, coming up with a triple-double in 28 minutes to lead Butler to an 89-56 victory over St. John's, the Red Storm's 14th consecutive loss.
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win Updated: Feb-06-16 6:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Villanova was overpowered on both ends of the floor in its overtime loss at home to Providence last month, the first vulnerability shown by a team that was unbeaten in Big East play.
- Hot-shooting Huff leads Creighton past DePaul 88-66 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:00 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Cole Huff scored a season-high 28 points on 9-for-11 shooting as Creighton dominated DePaul 88-66 on Saturday.
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82 Updated: Feb-06-16 3:36 pm
CINCINNATI - Time was winding down, and Xavier had trailed the entire second half. The Musketeers made the final 4 minutes their own.
- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug Updated: Feb-04-16 5:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - You'll have to pardon Providence coach Ed Cooley if he doesn't seemed too panicked about having his top player on the training table days before the 11th-ranked Friars' biggest home game of the season.
- Providence's Bentil listed as day-to-day after ankle injury Updated: Feb-04-16 2:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence coach Ed Cooley says forward Ben Bentil is day-to-day after sustaining a right ankle injury.
- Hot-shooting No. 3 Villanova takes down Creighton 83-58 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:31 pm
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - With its senior center out of for a second straight game with a concussion, No. 3 Villanova knew it would have to rely on outside shooting.
- Whitehead scores 21, Seton Hall downs Marquette 79-62 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:14 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Isaiah Whitehead scored 21 points and made eight assists and Seton Hall beat Marquette 79-62 on Wednesday night to win its third-straight game.
- Trevon Bluiett leads No. 6 Xavier over St. John's 90-83 Updated: Feb-03-16 9:33 pm
CINCINNATI - The 20th win may have come fast, but it wasn't fancy.
- Henry powers DePaul past No. 11 Providence 77-70 Updated: Feb-03-16 12:53 am
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Rashaun Stimage was standing right behind DePaul coach Dave Leitao when he slapped the floor a couple of times and yelled as the final seconds ticked off. Leitao kept his eyes on the court until it was all over.
- Martin scores career-high 35, Butler beats Georgetown 87-76 Updated: Feb-02-16 11:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Butler's basketball players came up big for "Little Em" on Tuesday night.
- Marquette digs in after losing big lead, beats Stetson 74-60 Updated: Jan-27-16 11:37 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jajuan Johnson tied a career high with 22 points on Wednesday night and Marquette lost most of its 26-point halftime lead but held on for a 74-60 nonconference win over Stetson.