- Butler adds graduate transfer Avery Woodson to roster Updated: Apr-25-16 5:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Memphis guard Avery Woodson will transfer to Butler.
- Marquette guard Wally Ellenson leaving basketball team Updated: Apr-21-16 7:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - Marquette says guard Wally Ellenson is no longer on the basketball team, but will remain on full scholarship with the school's track and field team until graduation.
- Xavier's men's basketball coach quits for UAB assistant post Updated: Apr-21-16 5:07 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Xavier University of Louisiana is looking for a new men's basketball coach.
- A tribute to New York City, Syracuse star Pearl Washington Updated: Apr-21-16 8:08 am
NEW YORK - There wasn't much space left to stand in the park when we got there. We were lucky to be standing behind a group of kids we had by five, six inches each. Everyone was there for the same reason: to see Pearl. No last name needed. Pearl was coming to play in a summer league game, and that meant a big crowd and few seats - only hot cement.
- Villanova receives $22.6 million gift for arena renovation Updated: Apr-20-16 8:37 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The national champion Villanova Wildcats have received a $22.6 million donation to renovate their arena.
- Signature moments of the career of the late Pearl Washington Updated: Apr-20-16 3:10 pm
Former Syracuse star Pearl Washington, who died Wednesday in New York from complications of a brain tumor, was a playground star in his native Brooklyn.
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Updated: Apr-18-16 12:22 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Syracuse's Kaleb Joseph is transferring to Creighton, where he will sit out next season and then have two years of eligibility.
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Updated: Apr-14-16 3:20 pm
CINCINNATI - Xavier gave coach Chris Mack got an extra year on his contract Thursday, extending the deal through the 2021-22 season.
- National champion Wildcats bask in celebratory perks Updated: Apr-12-16 4:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Jay Wright had one more coach of the year trophy with his name on it waiting for him.
- Philadelphia cheers NCAA champs Villanova with parade Updated: Apr-08-16 4:16 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Villanova fans descended on downtown Philadelphia on Friday to cheer their NCAA championship basketball team, flooding the city in a raucous sea of blue.
- Obama congratulates Villanova after 'exciting' NCAA victory Updated: Apr-06-16 7:01 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is congratulating the Villanova Wildcats for their victory in what he calls a "particularly exciting championship game."
- Former Iowa star Murray Wier dies at 89 Updated: Apr-06-16 7:00 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Murray Wier, the first Iowa basketball player to be named a first-team All-American, died Wednesday in Georgetown, Texas. He was 89.
- Villanova: School to close Friday so all can enjoy parade Updated: Apr-06-16 5:43 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Villanova University will be closed Friday and all classes cancelled so that everyone who wants can attend the parade in honor of its NCAA champion men's basketball team.
- Classes off, party on: a Philly bash for champion Villanova Updated: Apr-06-16 12:45 am
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - Once Villanova's band stopped playing its fight song, Jay Wright took over as pep rally conductor.
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Updated: Apr-05-16 8:19 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State sophomore Xavier Rathan-Mayes will enter the NBA draft but not hire an agent.
- Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson declares for NBA draft Updated: Apr-05-16 7:31 pm
MILWAUKEE - Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson has decided to enter the NBA draft and hire an agent, forgoing his remaining college eligibility.
- UNC's Berry on crutches with foot injury after Final Four Updated: Apr-05-16 5:30 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina point guard Joel Berry II has a foot injury he suffered in Monday's loss to Villanova in the NCAA championship game.
- Jenkins becomes latest on list of last-second NCAA greats Updated: Apr-05-16 5:01 pm
On its own, Kris Jenkins' 3-point shot to win the national championship for Villanova wasn't all that out of the ordinary.
- Villanova cancels classes after NCAA basketball victory Updated: Apr-05-16 9:11 am
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - Villanova University has canceled classes Tuesday as students celebrate the men's basketball team's first NCAA championship title since 1985.
- A look at the NCAA Tournament, ending with shot for the ages Updated: Apr-05-16 5:07 am
HOUSTON - The NCAA Tournament started on March 15 with Florida Gulf Coast handing Fairleigh Dickinson a 96-65 beatdown.
- 1 good shot deserves another, and Villanova comes out on top Updated: Apr-05-16 3:31 am
HOUSTON - Some plays you can't draw up. Other plays you can.
- Villanova tops Carolina 77-74 on Jenkins' buzzer-beater Updated: Apr-05-16 3:30 am
HOUSTON - Kris Jenkins is one of those players who believes every shot is going in.
- Arcidiacono grew up Villanova fan, becomes Final Four MVP Updated: Apr-05-16 1:59 am
HOUSTON - Ryan Arcidiacono grew up outside of Philadelphia as a Villanova fan, and then played more games than any else ever has for the Wildcats.
- Villanova students rejoice in basketball team's NCAA victory Updated: Apr-05-16 1:27 am
BRYN MAWR, Pennsylvania - Thousands of Villanova University students have taken to the streets to celebrate the men's basketball team's first NCAA championship title since 1985.
- Jay Wright gets his first national championship with 'Nova Updated: Apr-05-16 1:13 am
HOUSTON - Jay Wright may still be the best dressed coach in college basketball. Now he has a national championship to go with those expensive suits.