- Veteran leadership key to young Lightning's success Updated: Jun-01-15 8:04 pm
- Coyotes beef up front office staff with pair of hires Updated: Jun-01-15 7:24 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes have hired John Chayka as assistant general manager of analytics and promoted Chris O'Hearn to assistant general manager of hockey operations.
- Quenneville plays it coy on Blackhawks lineup for Game 1 Updated: Jun-01-15 7:00 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks could go in a couple of different directions when it comes to their last two defensemen for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.
- Young Lightning prove they belong on hockey's biggest stage Updated: May-31-15 7:33 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The NHL playoffs have been a roller coaster of excitement, punctuated by a pair of Game 7s over the weekend to decide the Stanley Cup finalists.
- Ducks get plucked in another Game 7, losing 5-3 to Chicago Updated: May-31-15 12:36 am
ANAHEIM, California - After their last two seasons ended with heartbreaking losses in winner-take-all games, the Anaheim Ducks thought they were ready to get past Game 7.
- Blackhawks roll into Cup Finals, beating Ducks 5-3 in Game 7 Updated: May-31-15 12:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks dealt with Game 7 pressure in the same way they've handled just about everything during their incredible seven-year playoff run.
- Royals-Cubs rained out, makeup set for last week of season Updated: May-30-15 7:36 pm
CHICAGO - The rainy, windy, and cold late May day didn't damper the Chicago Cubs' mood.
- Coyotes reinstate radio analyst Nick Boynton Updated: May-29-15 6:31 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes reinstated radio analyst Nick Boynton on Friday, two months after the former NHL defenseman was suspended following his arrest at a Buffalo, New York, casino.
- NHL combine shifts from ballroom to arena with Buffalo move Updated: May-29-15 5:33 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel's presence alone at the NHL's pre-draft scouting combine next week is enough to spur league-wide buzz.
- UND defenseman Jordan Schmaltz signs with St. Louis Blues Updated: May-29-15 7:11 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota hockey defenseman Jordan Schmaltz is skipping his senior season to turn pro.
- Coyotes sign Plachta to 1-year deal out of Germany Updated: May-28-15 7:46 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes have signed German forward Matthias Plachta to a one-year entry-level contract Thursday.
- Sharks officially announce Peter DeBoer hired as new coach Updated: May-28-15 6:40 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose general manager Doug Wilson was so impressed by Peter DeBoer when he interviewed in 2008 that he moved to the top of the list when the Sharks had to search for a new head coach.
- NHL: Stanley Cup Final begins Wednesday Updated: May-28-15 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - The Stanley Cup Final will open on Wednesday with Game 1 in New York, Tampa or Anaheim.
- Blackhawks beat Ducks 5-2 to force Game 7 in West finals Updated: May-28-15 12:09 am
CHICAGO - It is really hard to wear out Duncan Keith. He just keeps going and going and going.
- Blackhawks bench D Kimmo Timonen for Game 6 Updated: May-27-15 8:12 pm
CHICAGO - Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen is inactive for Game 6 of the Western Conference finals against Anaheim.
- AP Source: Sharks to hire Peter DeBoer as head coach Updated: May-27-15 2:52 pm
- Blues retain Ken Hitchcock as coach for another season Updated: May-26-15 6:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - After careful deliberation, the St. Louis Blues are sticking with veteran coach Ken Hitchcock for another season.
- Toews gets 2 to force OT, but Hawks drop Game 5 to Ducks 5-4 Updated: May-26-15 2:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - When Jonathan Toews scored twice in the final seconds to force overtime in Game 5, the Western Conference finals appeared to be bending under the weight of the Chicago Blackhawks' famed playoff tenacity.
- Blackhawks recall defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk from minors Updated: May-22-15 6:21 pm
- NHL salary cap will climb to $71 million next season Updated: May-21-15 10:02 pm
CHICAGO - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman expects the salary cap for the 2015-16 season to settle in around $71 million, depending on the fluctuations of the Canadian dollar.
- Martin Brodeur becomes Blues' assistant general manager Updated: May-20-15 10:54 pm
ST. LOUIS - Record-setting goalie Martin Brodeur has signed a three-year contract to become the St. Louis Blues' assistant general manager.
- Sharks sign Finnish forward Joonas Donskoi Updated: May-20-15 4:16 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks have signed Finnish free agent forward Joonas (YOO-nus) Donskoi to an entry-level contract.
- Chicago's Shaw heads puck into net for disallowed goal in OT Updated: May-20-15 1:39 am
- Todd McLellan hired as coach of Edmonton Oilers Updated: May-19-15 9:50 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Todd McLellan is focused on a new beginning with the Edmonton Oilers
- Blue Jackets assistant GM leaving for job with Colorado Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm