- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Ducks accept blame for Boudreau firing after playoff ouster Updated: Apr-30-16 8:00 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The start, not the finish, cost Bruce Boudreau his job with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Joel Ward leads Sharks past Predators 5-2 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-30-16 2:23 am
SAN JOSE, California - Since early in his career in Nashville, the playoffs have brought out the best in Joel Ward. So it shouldn't have come as any surprise to the Predators that Ward delivered in the third period in his first postseason game against his former team.
- Faksa has goal and assist, Stars beat Blues 2-1 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:56 pm
DALLAS - The kid is all right for the Dallas Stars.
- Ducks fire coach Bruce Boudreau after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-29-16 4:27 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks fired coach Bruce Boudreau on Friday, two days after the four-time Pacific Division champions' first-round exit from the playoffs.
- Ducks face changes when slow starts finally catch up to them Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks began the season by falling far behind in the standings.
- Wild GM: Torchetti a 'very serious candidate' to be coach Updated: Apr-28-16 5:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher is about to embark on another coaching search, the third of his tenure and a critical one for the immediate future of the team and Fletcher's own standing as the leader in the front office.
- Predators edge Ducks 2-1 in Game 7, advance to 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 1:50 am
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Elliott, Pietrangelo, rookies key to Blues breakthrough Updated: Apr-27-16 3:50 pm
ST. LOUIS - Looking for reasons why the St. Louis Blues were able to break through and win a playoff series for the first time since 2012, it's easy to start at goaltender.
- Glendale OKs $28 million deal for new arena operator Updated: Apr-27-16 3:05 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Glendale has approved a $28 million deal with a Los Angeles-based arena management firm AEG Facilities for the operation of the Gila River Arena.
- Stars still waiting for Tyler Seguin to get back on the ice Updated: Apr-26-16 6:33 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Injured All-Star center Tyler Seguin is still not back on the ice for the Dallas Stars.
- Blackhawks positioned for more success next season Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
CHICAGO - No June hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks this year. Heck, even May is a blank slate.
- Sharks wait a little longer to find out 2nd-round opponent Updated: Apr-26-16 5:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks are happy to wait a little longer before finding out their second-round playoff opponent.
- Brouwer puts Blues over top, Blackhawks eliminated Updated: Apr-26-16 12:51 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues acquired Troy Brouwer for moments like this, dealing fan favorite T.J. Oshie to Washington for some badly needed veteran presence.
- Predators force franchise's 1st Game 7, beat Ducks 3-1 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - By treating their elimination game like a Game 7, the Nashville Predators finally have pushed a playoff series to a seventh game.
- Despite another resilient rally, Wild again exit early Updated: Apr-25-16 6:11 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Heard this one before? Their season on the verge of expiration, the Minnesota Wild stormed back with a vengeance.
- Stars escape with 5-4 win, eliminate Wild after big rally Updated: Apr-24-16 7:59 pm
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Shaw's smile requires no lip-reading as Game 7 looms Updated: Apr-24-16 2:19 am
CHICAGO - No lip-reading was required this time to gauge Andrew Shaw's mood.
- Blackhawks force Game 7 with 6-3 victory over Blues Updated: Apr-24-16 12:26 am
CHICAGO - Dale Weise struggled after he was traded to Chicago in February. Then he was a healthy scratch for the playoff opener.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Koivu scores in OT, Wild beat Stars 5-4 to stay alive Updated: Apr-23-16 1:49 am
DALLAS - Mikko Koivu and the Minnesota Wild are going home and hoping for another trip to Dallas.