- Raiders cut ties with S Nate Allen after 1 season in Oakland Updated: Feb-09-16 5:30 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have terminated the contract of safety Nate Allen.
- Chargers hire businessman to lead stadium initiative effort Updated: Feb-08-16 10:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers chairman Dean Spanos hired businessman and former developer Fred Maas on Monday to head the team's citizens' initiative process to get a measure for a new stadium on the November ballot.
- Kindred-spirit QBs Favre, Stabler voted into Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-07-16 12:46 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The first NFL game Brett Favre ever attended, as a teenager growing up in Mississippi, was the final home game of Ken "The Snake" Stabler's career.
- Despite troubles aplenty, NFL and Super Bowl popular as ever Updated: Feb-06-16 1:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The headlines hit in a persistent stream this season, and the onslaught only grew steadier as the Super Bowl approached.
- Super Busts: The best teams to not win the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 12:56 pm
They had the stars, the swagger and the sparkling record to prove it.
- Super Bowl champions haven't always been 'super' Updated: Feb-06-16 2:29 am
They have the gaudy rings and the rest of the swag that comes with being a Super Bowl champion.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Hola: Texans-Raiders in Mexico City on Nov. 21 Updated: Feb-05-16 5:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hola. The NFL is heading back to Mexico.
- Unlikely Super Bowl stars from Timmy Smith to Larry Brown Updated: Feb-05-16 2:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Super Bowl history is filled with great performances from the biggest stars, such as Jerry Rice, Tom Brady and Emmitt Smith.
- Union: Raiders, Jaguars far under spending minimum Updated: Feb-04-16 9:28 pm
- AP Source: NFL planning game next season in Mexico Updated: Feb-04-16 5:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The NFL is planning to play a regular-season game in Mexico City this year, with the Raiders hosting the Texans.
- Former NFL quarterback Ken Stabler had brain disease CTE Updated: Feb-03-16 1:33 pm
BOSTON - Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler, the late NFL MVP and Super Bowl winner who is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has been diagnosed with the brain disease CTE, Boston University researchers said Wednesday.
- Raiders still seeking info on Mario Edwards' injury Updated: Feb-02-16 8:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Oakland Raiders are still seeking answers about the significant neck injury that sidelined rookie defensive lineman Mario Edwards Jr. in the final month of the season.
- Raiders look for short-term lease before long-term home Updated: Feb-01-16 6:44 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - With the Oakland Raiders' hopes of moving to Los Angeles on hold right now, Mayor Libby Schaaf said the team's primary focus is on securing a lease to remain at the Coliseum for the 2016 season.
- Raiders DE Justin Tuck retires after 11 NFL seasons Updated: Feb-01-16 5:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Raiders defensive end Justin Tuck is retiring after 11 seasons in the NFL.
- Chairman says Chargers to stay in San Diego in 2016 Updated: Jan-30-16 2:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Chargers Chairman Dean Spanos said Friday that the team will play in San Diego in 2016, and he'll work with politicians and the business community to try to resolve a long, bitter fight over a new stadium.
- Las Vegas Sands wants stadium for UNLV, possibly Raiders Updated: Jan-28-16 7:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - The billionaire owner of the Las Vegas Sands casino company wants to help build a professional-grade stadium at the UNLV campus and is meeting with the owner of the Oakland Raiders.
- Panel to consider 2 temporary NFL teams in LA Coliseum Updated: Jan-28-16 11:04 am
LOS ANGELES - The government body that oversees Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum will consider a proposal to allow two NFL teams to temporarily share the historic stadium with the USC Trojans.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson picked 1st in Pro Bowl Draft Updated: Jan-27-16 10:32 pm
WAHIAWA, Hawaii - Eli Manning was the second pick Wednesday in the Pro Bowl Draft - and he's got his No. 1 guy on his side in wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
- Street free agent Shiloh Keo helped secure AFC title Updated: Jan-27-16 2:00 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Safety Shiloh Keo made a bad first impression when he joined Denver's dominant defense. He's more than made up for it with big plays that helped the Broncos reach the Super Bowl.
- Court rules against late Raiders owner, wife in tax fight Updated: Jan-25-16 2:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court has ruled against late Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis and his wife, Carol, in a fight with the IRS over about $2.5 million in tax assessments.
- Former Raiders defensive end gets life in prison for murders Updated: Jan-22-16 6:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Oakland Raiders defensive end Anthony Wayne Smith was sentenced Friday to life in prison without parole for the 1999 torture killings of two brothers and the 2001 slaying of another man.
- Raiders WR Cooper added to Pro Bowl as injury replacement Updated: Jan-21-16 6:19 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders rookie receiver Amari Cooper was added to the Pro Bowl as an injury replacement.
- Carr is injury replacement for Rodgers in Pro Bowl Updated: Jan-21-16 8:43 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is being replaced in the Pro Bowl because of an injury.