- Del Rio won't let Raiders look too far ahead Updated: Nov-30-15 8:34 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders coach Jack Del Rio has done a good job of keeping his players focused on the task at hand rather than looking too far ahead.
- Mediocre and losing teams are NFL contenders Updated: Nov-30-15 5:36 pm
The NBA has a yearly ritual in which sub-.500 teams make the playoffs. Looks like the NFL could emulate that approach this season.
- Ward suggests full-time officials as a fix Updated: Nov-30-15 5:06 pm
DENVER - Denver Broncos safety T.J. Ward, one of the most-flagged and heavily fined players in the NFL this season, recently ripped the officials, suggesting the way to fix the league's spotty officiating is to give the men in stripes full-time jobs.
- Carr throws TD with 1:21 left as Raiders edge Titans 24-21 Updated: Nov-30-15 2:19 am
- Latest from the NFL: Gronkowski carted off after hit to knee Updated: Nov-29-15 11:34 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 12th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Titans blow another 4th-quarter lead in loss to Raiders Updated: Nov-29-15 6:42 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - B.W. Webb really isn't sure what the official saw, and Titans interim coach Mike Mularkey certainly felt the flag for defensive holding was a bad call.
- Carr throws TD with 1:21 left as Raiders edge Titans 24-21 Updated: Nov-29-15 5:47 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Oakland Raiders found a way to pull out a win on a wet, sloppy day. A quarterback with a little bit of experience certainly helped.
- Amerson pushing for starting cornerback job with Raiders Updated: Nov-27-15 6:16 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Two months after wondering whether he still had a future in the NFL, cornerback David Amerson is inching closer to a starting job with the Oakland Raiders.
- Titans to start undrafted free agent at guard vs. Raiders Updated: Nov-27-15 2:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has switched up its offensive line again.
- Amari Cooper's big season with Raiders slowed by drops Updated: Nov-25-15 7:00 pm
ALAMEDA, California - When he was drafted in the first round by the Oakland Raiders more than five months ago, the book on Amari Cooper was that he ran pass patterns like a seasoned veteran, understood pro-style offenses and had the best hands of any wide receiver coming out of college.
- Steelers looking for West Coast success Updated: Nov-24-15 6:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - David DeCastro majored in management sciences and engineering at Stanford, which according to the school's website prepares students "to plan, design and implement complex economic and technological management systems."
- Raiders losing streak dampens playoff talk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:44 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Earlier this month, Oakland Raiders safety Charles Woodson wanted his teammates to embrace the idea of talking about the playoffs.
- Del Rio's concerns go beyond non-challenge for Raiders Updated: Nov-23-15 9:38 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland coach Jack Del Rio defended his decision not to challenge a play that might have helped sustain a drive by the Raiders' sputtering offense in the second quarter of Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions.
- Detroit's defense steps up, leads Lions over Raiders 18-13 Updated: Nov-23-15 3:42 am
DETROIT - Ziggy Ansah rushed toward the inside, was held up by Donald Penn's right arm, fell to the ground and immediately began signaling for a safety.
- Latest from the NFL: Packers snap three-game skid Updated: Nov-22-15 8:00 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 11th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Punchless Raiders drop 3rd straight, 18-13 to Lions Updated: Nov-22-15 6:28 pm
DETROIT - Derek Carr and the Oakland Raiders are falling behind in a forgiving race for an AFC playoff spot.
- Stafford's go-ahead TD run helps Lions beat Raiders 18-13 Updated: Nov-22-15 5:47 pm
DETROIT - Matthew Stafford's toenail on his right, big toe was black and blue.
- Raiders suddenly struggling to stop the run Updated: Nov-19-15 6:15 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. has no shortage of reasons why the Oakland Raiders have gone from owning one of the best run defenses to one of the worst.
- NFL player's actions toward police dog deemed not malicious Updated: Nov-19-15 4:59 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pennsylvania authorities say Oakland Raiders linebacker Ray-Ray Armstrong did not act maliciously when he confronted a police dog just before the start of a Nov. 8 game in Pittsburgh against the Steelers.
- Arizona's Palmer: 'It's not just another game' Updated: Nov-18-15 8:00 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - A little over four years ago, Carson Palmer was home, away from football without pay, in a bitter stalemate with Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown.
- Raiders move on after suspension of Aldon Smith Updated: Nov-18-15 6:09 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Ever since Aldon Smith signed with the Oakland Raiders just before the start of the season, the prospect of a league-imposed suspension was a cloud over him.
- Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith suspended a year Updated: Nov-17-15 11:42 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith was suspended Tuesday by the NFL for one calendar year because of violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.
- Peterson helps Vikings run past Raiders 30-14 Updated: Nov-16-15 4:32 am
OAKLAND, California - A game billed as a matchup between emerging second-year quarterbacks Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr was overshadowed by a more established star.
- Peterson helps Vikings run past Raiders 30-14 Updated: Nov-16-15 12:24 am
OAKLAND, California - Two months after leaving the Bay Area stung by a lopsided season-opening loss, the Minnesota Vikings head home from their second trip to the West Coast in a much happier spot.
- Raiders activate S Nate Allen from short-term IR Updated: Nov-14-15 6:23 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have activated safety Nate Allen from short-term injured reserve list in time for Sunday's game against Minnesota.