- US Sen. Heitkamp says she's weighing run for governor Updated: Aug-25-15 7:21 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp says she will decide "sooner rather than later" on whether she will run for North Dakota governor.
- With Dalrymple out, speculation begins on next ND governor Updated: Aug-25-15 7:13 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Gov. Jack Dalrymple's announcement that he won't seek a second full term sets off a potential scramble to replace him. Here's a rundown of who's who among the potential hopefuls on both the Republican and Democratic sides:
- Patrol: Woman lying in roadway struck by car and killed Updated: Aug-22-15 12:22 pm
EMERADO, North Dakota - Authorities say a 41-year-old woman lying in the Highway 2 roadway near Emerado was struck by a car and killed late Friday night.
- Highway Patrol releases name of motorcyclist killed on I-94 Updated: Aug-22-15 10:22 am
MAPLETON, North Dakota - Authorities have released the name of a motorcycle driver killed in a crash on Interstate 94.
- 58-year-old truck tractor driver dies in ND rollover crash Updated: Aug-18-15 4:28 pm
ALICE, North Dakota - The North Dakota Highway Patrol says a 58-year-old man is dead after he lost control of the truck tractor he was driving and was partially ejected from the vehicle.
- Attorney general says dental group broke transparency laws Updated: Aug-18-15 6:01 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota attorney general says a state dental board violated both open records and open meetings laws.
- Bismarck homicide convict loses state Supreme Court appeal Updated: Aug-14-15 8:13 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Supreme Court has rejected the appeal of one of two men accused of conspiring to murder a South Dakota man in North Dakota and bury the dismembered body in Montana.
- Legislative leaders: ND shouldn't tap oil fund principal Updated: Aug-13-15 5:30 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota legislative leaders said Thursday that lawmakers should not tap into the $3.3 billion currently in the state's oil savings account when they have their first chance to access the money in 2017.
- Minnesota, North Dakota agree on concealed-carry reciprocity Updated: Aug-12-15 10:58 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota has reached concealed weapon license reciprocity with Minnesota, North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem announced Wednesday.
- North Dakota mulls lawsuit over new greenhouse gas limits Updated: Aug-06-15 1:46 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota "is very seriously considering" a legal fight - separate from other states - against new federal rules designed to cut greenhouse gas emissions from U.S. power plants, Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem said.
- Bismarck man gets $300 speeding ticket for going 137 mph Updated: Jul-31-15 5:52 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A 19-year-old Bismarck man has been cited for speeding after the state Highway Patrol clocked him driving 137 mph on Interstate 94.
- North Dakota Supreme Court rules in toll bridge dispute Updated: Jul-31-15 11:55 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court has ruled in favor of Fargo and Moorhead, Minnesota, in a dispute over a toll bridge between the two cities.
- Hundreds of new laws to take effect in North Dakota Updated: Jul-31-15 10:20 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Hundreds of new laws are set to take effect in North Dakota, including one that will make it easier to buy alcohol on Sundays and another that will allow concealed-carry permit holders to bring their guns to more places.