- Edwards to outline parameters Friday for special session Updated: Feb-05-16 4:11 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards is readying to release his outline for a special legislative session he is calling to stabilize Louisiana's finances.
- Louisiana Senate race draws its first Democratic candidate Updated: Feb-04-16 4:51 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's U.S. Senate race has its first Democratic contender.
- New House speaker has kept low profile as a state lawmaker Updated: Jan-13-16 6:18 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - As a rank-and-file lawmaker, Louisiana's new House Speaker Taylor Barras wasn't one to seek the spotlight. The Republican from New Iberia never chaired a committee, and he wasn't the face of high-profile debates during his first eight years in office.
- Louisiana House rejects John Bel Edwards' pick for speaker Updated: Jan-11-16 4:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana House spurned Gov. John Bel Edwards' pick to be its speaker, handing the new governor his first legislative defeat as lawmakers selected their leaders Monday at the start of the four-year term.
- Latest: Edwards sworn in as Louisiana's 56th governor Updated: Jan-11-16 1:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The latest developments from Inauguration Day in Louisiana: