- White Sox manage just 6 hits in 3-0 loss to Red Sox Updated: Aug-27-15 12:30 am
CHICAGO - Add seven more strikeouts to Chris Sale's major league-leading total. Mark him down for one more quality start. But keep him at 12 wins.
- Porcello pitches Red Sox past White Sox 3-0 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 pm
CHICAGO - For one night at least, it was all there for Rick Porcello. He kept his fastball down, and stepped up in every big spot.
- Don Orsillo out as Red Sox's TV announcer after season Updated: Aug-26-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Don Orsillo is out as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice after this season.
- White Sox get to Miley in seventh, beat Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-26-15 1:03 am
CHICAGO - Wade Miley was bending but not breaking, allowing 10 hits though only two runs through six innings against the Chicago White Sox.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Red Sox recall RHP Aro from Triple-A, option RHP Barnes Updated: Aug-23-15 2:24 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have recalled right-hander Jonathan Aro from Triple-A Pawtucket for Sunday's series finale against the Kansas City Royals.
- Specter of 38 Studios looms over PawSox stadium proposal Updated: Aug-23-15 11:10 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The shadow of failed video game company 38 Studios comes up repeatedly as the owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox make their pitch to build a stadium in Providence.
- Ortiz's 492nd among 4 Red Sox HRs in 6-4 win over Indians Updated: Aug-19-15 10:38 pm
- Red Sox bring in ex-Tigers boss Dombrowski to run club Updated: Aug-19-15 8:36 pm
BOSTON - New Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski thought enough of the team to pick Boston over other suitors.
- Red Sox hire Dombrowski as president; GM Cherington is out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - On their way to a third last-place finish in four seasons, the Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night by hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.
- Blind and autistic boy sings anthem at Fenway Updated: Aug-18-15 10:08 am
BOSTON - A 14-year-old blind and autistic boy who sang the national anthem at Fenway Park before the Cleveland Indians-Boston Red Sox game received a loud and long ovation from the players and fans.
- Francona to accompany longtime friend Farrell for treatment Updated: Aug-17-15 5:35 pm
BOSTON - Cleveland manager Terry Francona said he plans to accompany his longtime friend - Red Sox manager John Farrell - to his first chemotherapy treatment for lymphoma on Tuesday.
- Mariners edge Red Sox in 12 after blowing big lead Updated: Aug-16-15 7:50 pm
BOSTON - It could have been another embarrassing loss for Seattle. Then Mike Zunino and Kyle Seager led the Mariners to a sorely needed victory.
- LeVangie expected to take over as bench coach Monday Updated: Aug-16-15 3:09 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox interim manager Torey Lovullo said the team will make bullpen coach Dana LeVangie the bench coach on Monday.
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning Updated: Aug-15-15 12:21 pm
BOSTON - Manager John Farrell has visited the Red Sox a day after announcing he is taking a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Red Sox manager Farrell says he has 'highly curable' cancer Updated: Aug-14-15 9:52 pm
BOSTON - Fighting back tears, Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Friday that he had a "highly curable" form of cancer and has taken a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Red Sox OF Castillo leaves game Updated: Aug-14-15 9:42 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox outfielder Rusney Castillo left Friday's game against Seattle after fouling a ball off his left foot.
- Red Sox place RHP Wright on 7-day DL Updated: Aug-14-15 8:17 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have placed right-hander Steven Wright on the seven-day concussion disabled list after he was struck by a ball in the back of the neck during batting practice earlier in the week.
- Former Angels GM Dipoto joins Red Sox in short-term role Updated: Aug-12-15 9:11 pm
- Ortiz hits 2 homers but Red Sox lose to Marlins 14-6 Updated: Aug-12-15 9:06 pm
MIAMI - David Ortiz hit two homers Wednesday for the Boston Red Sox, but it wasn't nearly enough.
- Realmuto drives in 6 runs to help Marlins beat Red Sox 14-6 Updated: Aug-12-15 8:53 pm
MIAMI - As J.T. Realmuto walked back to the dugout in the eighth inning after whiffing wildly at a 3-2 pitch, he could afford to laugh.
- Red Sox will let fan sleep over at Fenway Park Updated: Aug-12-15 3:39 pm
BOSTON - Curt, your host, looks familiar, and so does the view pictured in his Airbnb listing. If you still haven't figured it out by the time you get to the house rules, the top one on the list should be a giveaway:
- Hanley Ramirez's sore foot to be examined by doctor Updated: Aug-12-15 3:07 pm
MIAMI - Red Sox outfielder Hanley Ramirez will be examined by a doctor Thursday when the team returns to Boston to determine whether further tests are needed on his sore left foot.
- Bour's walk-off in 10th lifts Marlins over Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-11-15 11:06 pm
- Red Sox closer Uehara out for season Updated: Aug-10-15 7:26 pm
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox closer Koji Uehara will miss the rest of the season with a broken right wrist.