- Ex-Red Sox player bidding to become next Vermont governor Updated: May-25-16 9:48 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Major League Baseball player is running for governor in Vermont as a member of the Liberty Union party, which bills itself as nonviolent and socialist.
- De La Rosa falters in Fenway debut, Red Sox beat Rockies 8-3 Updated: May-24-16 11:46 pm
BOSTON - There was a time when Colorado Rockies starter Jorge De La Rosa figured to be a regular on the mound at Fenway Park.
- Price, Bradley lead Red Sox to 8-3 win over Rockies Updated: May-24-16 11:27 pm
BOSTON - Jackie Bradley Jr. is halfway to Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak, and David Ortiz sees no reason why the Red Sox outfielder should stop there.
- Red Sox OF Bradley extends hitting streak to 28 games Updated: May-24-16 8:04 pm
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. has extended his hitting streak to 28 games with a second-inning double Tuesday night against the Colorado Rockies.
- Red Sox: Reliever Carson Smith has Tommy John surgery Updated: May-24-16 6:51 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox reliever Carson Smith had season-ending Tommy John surgery on his right elbow on Tuesday, four days after an MRI revealed a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament.
- Boston's Bradley extends hitting streak to 27 games Updated: May-22-16 3:46 pm
BOSTON - Jackie Bradley Jr. of the Boston Red Sox has extended his hitting streak to 27 games.
- Boston's Kelly has no-bid broken up after 6 2/3 innings Updated: May-21-16 6:38 pm
- Bradley extends hit streak to 25 with HR, Red Sox fall Updated: May-20-16 11:54 pm
BOSTON - Jackie Bradley Jr. wasted little time extending his majors' best hitting streak.
- Red Sox put Smith, Holt on DL, 2 recalled from Triple-A Updated: May-20-16 6:20 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have put right-handed reliever Carson Smith on the 15-day disabled list and utilityman Brock Holt on the seven-day concussion DL before Friday night's game against Cleveland.
- Red Sox beat Royals 5-2 for split of day-night doubleheader Updated: May-19-16 12:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - David Price did exactly what the Boston Red Sox expected when they signed him to a $217 million deal.
- Red Sox-Royals postponed by rain; doubleheader Wednesday Updated: May-16-16 6:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Perhaps a cold, wet day in Kansas City will finally cool off the Boston Red Sox.
- Morales smacks 2-run walk-off homer, KC beats Braves in 13 Updated: May-15-16 11:01 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kendrys Morales has been struggling, especially against right-handers, but he came through huge Sunday.
- Braves keep losing close games, falling in 13 innings at KC Updated: May-15-16 8:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Atlanta Braves can play them close, but still can't win.
- Poor OF play leads to Astros' loss; 10-9 to Red Sox Updated: May-15-16 7:04 pm
BOSTON - The Houston Astros certainly know they better turn things around soon after their second straight tough loss.
- Bogaerts hits 3-run HR; Red Sox rally past Astros, 10-9 Updated: May-15-16 6:28 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox hardly needed the help Houston's outfielders gave them with the offensive week they put up.
- Not all postgame celebrations go as smoothly as Big Papi's Updated: May-14-16 9:30 pm
David Ortiz got off easy.
- Bradley Jr. homers twice, Red Sox sweep Athletics 13-3 Updated: May-11-16 11:50 pm
BOSTON - It was only two years ago that there were questions about whether Jackie Bradley Jr. could perform consistently at the major league level.
- Caps latest Presidents' Trophy champs to go poof in playoffs Updated: May-11-16 5:16 pm
Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals became the latest in a long line of NHL teams to discover regular-season dominance doesn't translate into playoff prominence.
- Red Sox ace Price feeling good about delivery adjustments Updated: May-10-16 7:32 pm
BOSTON - It's no secret that David Price hasn't had the best start to his time in Boston. He is confident, however, that a recent tweak to his delivery will begin to change that.
- Red Sox 3B Sandoval talks about doubters after surgery Updated: May-09-16 6:55 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval feels his season-ending shoulder surgery should answer any lingering questions about his time on the disabled list.
- Ortiz hits 2 HRs, Wright pitches Red Sox past Yankees 5-1 Updated: May-08-16 10:53 pm
NEW YORK - David Ortiz homered twice, passing Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski for second place on Boston's career list, and Steven Wright pitched a three-hitter as the Red Sox beat the New York Yankees 5-1 on Sunday night.
- Pedroia, Ramirez, Bradley homer, Red Sox beat White Sox 7-3 Updated: May-06-16 1:25 am
CHICAGO - The Red Sox got just enough big hits to pull out an ugly win and take two of three from the White Sox in a series matching first-place teams.
- Commissioner: Decision imminent on MLB games in Puerto Rico Updated: May-05-16 7:53 pm
- Red Sox 3B Pablo Sandoval to have surgery on left shoulder Updated: May-02-16 10:57 pm
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval, a $95 million free agent who lost his starting job before going on the disabled list, will have exploratory surgery on his left shoulder to determine the source of the injury.
- Red Sox beat Yankees 8-7 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: May-02-16 12:41 am
BOSTON - Alex Rodriguez had already driven in four runs against David Price with a homer and a double.