- Diamondbacks name Magadan hitting coach Updated: Nov-25-15 2:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have hired Dave Magadan as their hitting coach.
- Dodgers hire Dave Roberts as team's 1st minority manager Updated: Nov-23-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dave Roberts overcame long odds during his playing days in the major leagues and survived a bout with cancer in recent years. He had no managerial experience when he went after the vacant Los Angeles Dodgers' job.
- Schilling subpoena approved, but it's not clear he'll get it Updated: Nov-23-15 5:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A subpoena was approved Monday compelling former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling to appear before a committee probing Rhode Island's $75 million deal with his failed video game company. But the subpoena is not enforceable outside the state and Schilling lives in neighboring Massachusetts, so it's unclear whether he will ever be served with it.
- Red Sox DH Ortiz to retire after 2016 season Updated: Nov-18-15 3:52 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, Boston's beloved "Big Papi" who helped the cursed franchise end its dynasty of disappointment and cursed out the bombers who attacked his adopted city, said on Wednesday he will play one more year before retiring.
- Rasmus, Wieters, Anderson accept qualifying offers Updated: Nov-14-15 12:26 am
NEW YORK - Houston outfielder Colby Rasmus, Baltimore catcher Matt Wieters and Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Brett Anderson became the first three players to accept qualifying offers from their teams rather than remain free agents, and Boston obtained closer Craig Kimbrel from San Diego.
- Boston gets closer Kimbrel from Padres for 4 prospects Updated: Nov-14-15 12:17 am
- Warwick mayor renews pitch for Pawtucket Red Sox Updated: Nov-12-15 12:07 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Warwick is renewing its pitch for the Pawtucket Red Sox.
- Correction: PawSox President story Updated: Nov-10-15 5:18 pm
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - In a story Nov. 5 about the Pawtucket Red Sox, The Associated Press reported erroneously on the identity of the new Boston Red Sox team president. He is Sam Kennedy, not Dave Dombrowski.
- Dombrowski and Ramirez meet to discuss move to first base Updated: Nov-09-15 8:10 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - The Boston Red Sox want to see less of Hanley Ramirez next season.
- Cubs extend qualifying offer to OF Dexter Fowler Updated: Nov-06-15 6:40 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs have extended a $15.8 million qualifying offer to center fielder Dexter Fowler.
- Pitcher Buchholz's $13 million option exercised by Red Sox Updated: Nov-03-15 2:17 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have exercised their $13 million option on right-hander Clay Buchholz.
- De Blasio, NYC's first baseball fan, mourns Mets defeat Updated: Nov-02-15 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio (dih BLAH'-zee-oh) is mourning the Mets' heartbreaking World Series loss.