- Struggling Sandoval insists weight not a problem Updated: Jul-30-15 7:21 pm
BOSTON - In the midst of a season-long slump during his first season with the Boston Red Sox, Pablo Sandoval insisted Thursday he weighs the same as he did last season with San Francisco.
- Red Sox outfielder Daniel Nava designated for assignment Updated: Jul-30-15 5:03 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have designated outfielder Daniel Nava for assignment in a move to add pitching depth.
- Porcello hit hard in Boston's 9-2 loss to the White Sox Updated: Jul-30-15 12:08 am
- White Sox win 7th straight; beat Red Sox 9-2 Updated: Jul-29-15 11:59 pm
BOSTON - What a difference a week has made for the Chicago White Sox.
- Red Sox 3B Sandoval leaves game with dehydration Updated: Jul-29-15 9:50 pm
- Boston places CF Betts on 7-day concussion DL Updated: Jul-29-15 7:28 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have placed center fielder Mookie Betts on the seven-day disabled list for a concussion after he tumbled into Boston's bullpen attempting to make a catch a night earlier.
- Red Sox retire Pedro Martinez's No. 45 Updated: Jul-28-15 10:48 pm
BOSTON - The script called for Jason Varitek to remain in the dugout until it was time for the ceremonial first pitch.
- Betts hurt attempting to catch Abreu home-run drive Updated: Jul-28-15 9:58 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox center fielder Mookie Betts was injured in the sixth inning when he tumbled into Boston's bullpen while attempting to catch a drive by Jose Abreu of the Chicago White Sox that went for a home run.
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox for stretch run Updated: Jul-28-15 12:18 am
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:25 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that John Smoltz was the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz was the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Boston 1B Napoli ejected by HP ump Updated: Jul-27-15 8:00 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli has been ejected by home plate umpire Toby Basner.
- Ortiz has 2 HRs, career-high 7 RBIs as Red Sox rout Tigers Updated: Jul-27-15 12:39 am
BOSTON - David Ortiz was touched by watching the Hall of Fame induction speeches. He then went out and added another big night to his illustrious career.
- Pedro Martinez inducted into baseball Hall of Fame Updated: Jul-26-15 4:54 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - Pedro Martinez has been inducted into the Hall of Fame after a career in which he helped the Boston Red Sox end their World Series jinx.
- Altuve's walkoff homer lifts Astros over Boston 5-4 Updated: Jul-24-15 12:53 am
HOUSTON - The 5-foot-6, 165-pound Jose Altuve certainly isn't known for his power.
- Pujols blasts 3 HRs as Angels beat Sox 11-1, 7-3 in DHer Updated: Jul-21-15 2:02 am
ANAHEIM, California - Although Albert Pujols doesn't much care for celebrations outside of October, he smiled and stood still when Mike Trout and Erick Aybar ran up and doused him with two postgame buckets of ice and liquid.
- Angels rained out at home for 1st time since 1995 Updated: Jul-19-15 11:52 pm
ANAHEIM, California - After 20 years and 1,609 consecutive home games, the Los Angeles Angels finally lost another game to rain.
- Gomes, Kipnis lift Indians past Reds in 11 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:20 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cleveland Indians had plenty of scoring chances. They cashed in on just enough to squeeze out a win.
- Angels' Calhoun ends Red Sox's Miley no-hitter bid in 7th Updated: Jul-17-15 11:56 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Kole Calhoun ended Boston left-hander Wade Miley's bid for a no-hitter with a leadoff double in the seventh inning for the Los Angeles Angels.
- Big Green Monster cukes? Rooftop garden thrives at Fenway Updated: Jul-17-15 3:09 pm
BOSTON - There's more green at Fenway Park than the infield or the monster wall.
- Red Sox slugger David Ortiz promoting Boston's Olympics bid Updated: Jul-15-15 3:12 pm
BOSTON - Big Papi is going to bat for Boston's Olympics bid.
- A-Rod breaks top 25 in hits, leads Yankees past Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Jul-12-15 6:42 pm
BOSTON - Alex Rodriguez had hit No. 3,020 to move into the top 25 on baseball's all-time list.
- Red Sox fan recovering after hit by foul ball at Fenway Updated: Jul-12-15 4:13 pm
BOSTON - A woman hit by a foul ball at Fenway Park during Friday night's Red Sox-New York Yankees game is recovering at home after getting three dozen stitches in her forehead.
- Red Sox DH Ortiz out of lineup with illness Updated: Jul-12-15 1:09 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is out of Sunday's lineup against the New York Yankees because of an upper respiratory illness.
- Boston places RHP Buchholz on 15-day DL Updated: Jul-11-15 5:50 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have placed right-hander Clay Buchholz on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right elbow.
- Fan leaves hospital after getting hit by foul ball at Fenway Updated: Jul-11-15 2:33 pm
BOSTON - A fan hit by a foul ball at Fenway Park has been treated and released from a Boston hospital.