- Rusney Castillo rejoins Red Sox, just in case Updated: Jun-30-15 6:25 pm
TORONTO - Outfielder Rusney Castillo has rejoined the Boston Red Sox on a standby basis, just in case Hanley Ramirez's injured hand doesn't heal.
- Former Razorback Benintendi signs with Boston Red Sox Updated: Jun-30-15 2:32 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Former Arkansas Razorback outfielder Andrew Benintendi has signed a professional baseball contract with the Boston Red Sox.
- Blue Jays' hitters falter again in 3-1 loss to Red Sox Updated: Jun-29-15 10:56 pm
TORONTO - That high-powered Blue Jays offense has lost a little punch over the past few games.
- Buchholz pitches gem, Red Sox beat Blue Jays 3-1 Updated: Jun-29-15 10:42 pm
TORONTO - Nothing about pitching north of the border feels foreign to Boston's Clay Buchholz.
- OF Ramirez has hand exam, could return to Red Sox this week Updated: Jun-29-15 6:35 pm
TORONTO - Outfielder Hanley Ramirez could return to the Red Sox lineup this week after an MRI on his injured left hand confirmed no structural damage.
- Cespedes, Donaldson contributing after big offseason trades Updated: Jun-29-15 3:26 am
For a Detroit team that's already dealt with its share of injuries, the steady production of Yoenis Cespedes has been a big help.
- Ortiz, Sandoval and De Aza homer as Red Sox beat Rays 5-3 Updated: Jun-28-15 5:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - If there's a secret to Boston's success against Chris Archer, the Red Sox aren't eager to share it.
- Pawtucket Red Sox stadium opponents rally at RI State House Updated: Jun-25-15 8:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Opponents of a new Providence stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox gathered Thursday at the State House as the legislative session comes to a close to tell lawmakers they're opposed to any stadium deal that would require public funding.
- Pedroia goes on Boston disabled list with strained hamstring Updated: Jun-25-15 6:34 pm
BOSTON - Second baseman Dustin Pedroia was put on the 15-day disabled list by the Boston Red Sox before Thursday's 8-6 loss to Baltimore, a day after straining his right hamstring.
- Wieters' 2-run homer helps Orioles beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Jun-25-15 6:27 pm
BOSTON - Baltimore right-hander Miguel Gonzalez had a chance to watch his teammates get on winning spurt.
- Red Sox 2B Pedroia limps off field with tight hamstring Updated: Jun-24-15 9:43 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia limped off the field in the sixth inning Wednesday night after his go-ahead single.
- Red Sox activate Masterson, Kratz, demote Wright, Castillo Updated: Jun-23-15 8:09 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have activated right-hander Justin Masterson and catcher Erik Kratz and sent right-hander Steven Wright and outfielder Rusney Castillo to Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Big Papi hits 476th homer, Red Sox rout Royals 13-2 Updated: Jun-21-15 6:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - David Ortiz passed two Hall of Famers on the career home run chart. He was hardly the only Boston hitter who had a big day.
- Morales homers on birthday in Royals' 7-4 win over Red Sox Updated: Jun-21-15 1:16 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - It was another successful birthday for Kendrys Morales.
- Red Sox's Sandoval, Swihart leave vs. Royals with injuries Updated: Jun-20-15 10:18 pm
- Sandoval receives warning letter, returns to Red Sox lineup Updated: Jun-19-15 8:36 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Pablo Sandoval was back in the Boston Red Sox lineup Friday night after being benched Thursday for using his cellphone during a game.
- James Taylor: Streaming businesses should pay artists half Updated: Jun-19-15 3:57 pm
NEW YORK - James Taylor is OK with the booming streaming music business, but he believes artists deserve 50 percent of the profits.
- Buchholz, Red Sox beat Braves for 2nd win in 10 games Updated: Jun-19-15 1:05 am
- Buchholz, Red Sox beat Braves for 2nd win in 10 games Updated: Jun-19-15 12:50 am
ATLANTA - A strange day ended with a much-needed victory for the struggling Boston Red Sox.
- Sandoval benched by Boston after using Instagram during game Updated: Jun-18-15 7:23 pm
ATLANTA - Boston Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval was benched by manager John Farrell for Thursday night's game against Atlanta after using his Instagram account during a loss to the Braves.
- Publisher and ex-NY Mets owner, Nelson Doubleday Jr. dies Updated: Jun-18-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Nelson Doubleday Jr., the publishing scion who bought the New York Mets and shepherded the team to a 1986 World Series title, has died. He was 81.
- GM Ben Cherington takes blame for Red Sox's struggles Updated: Jun-17-15 7:01 pm
ATLANTA - Boston Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington says he deserves most of the blame with his club struggling for the second straight year.
- Holt hits for cycle, Boston ends slide with win over Braves Updated: Jun-16-15 8:35 pm
BOSTON - Boston Red Sox fans seemed too excited about the end of a long losing streak to notice the significance of Brock Holt hitting a triple in the eighth inning.
- Red Sox drop 7th straight; 4-2 to Braves Updated: Jun-15-15 11:26 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox manager John Farrell called a pregame meeting with his struggling team.
- Blue Jays win 11th straight to tie team record, rout Red Sox Updated: Jun-14-15 6:43 pm
BOSTON - The way the Toronto Blue Jays are playing these days, even the last hitter in their lineup is plenty dangerous.