- Judge: Closed Va. truck stop's owner can't seek lost profits Updated: Jul-31-15 3:13 am
FINCASTLE, Virginia - A judge says the owners of a closed truck stop cannot seek lost profits from its state takeover.
- Virginia State Police complete review of student's arrest Updated: Jul-30-15 3:46 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia State Police have concluded their review of an arrest that injured a University of Virginia student and prompted allegations of racism.
- Va. GOP wants audit of gov's PAC following returned gift Updated: Jul-30-15 1:02 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Republican Party of Virginia is calling for an audit of Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's political action committee.
- 2 troopers, driver hurt in I-81 accident in Virginia Updated: Jul-28-15 6:46 pm
PULASKI, Virginia - Two Virginia State Police troopers are recovering from minor injuries suffered in a crash on Interstate 81 in Pulaski County.
- McAuliffe names longtime Fairfax judge to Va. Supreme Court Updated: Jul-27-15 11:56 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The northern Virginia judge who presided over one of the D.C. sniper trials was appointed Monday to the state Supreme Court.
- Plane crash lands during takeoff in Waynesboro; 1 injured Updated: Jul-23-15 4:34 pm
WAYNESBORO, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a small plane crash landed during takeoff at an airport in Augusta County.
- Va. AG sues pawnbroker, alleges illegal vehicle title loans Updated: Jul-22-15 9:26 am
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - A lawsuit filed by Attorney General Mark Herring alleges that a pawnbroker in Spotsylvania County made illegal and unlicensed motor vehicle title loans.
- Va. governor asks for more patrols at recruiting centers Updated: Jul-22-15 2:04 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has asked Virginia State Police to increase patrols around military recruiting centers.
- AG: Removal of Danville Confederate flag up to City Council Updated: Jul-21-15 8:08 am
DANVILLE, Virginia - Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring says it's up to Danville City Council to decide whether a Confederate flag should be removed from the grounds of a city-owned mansion.
- Virginia governor headed to Maine next month Updated: Jul-21-15 4:28 am
FREEPORT, Maine - Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe of Virginia is going to headline a Maine Democratic Party summer fundraiser.
- Republicans blast Virginia governor's parole commission Updated: Jul-20-15 5:17 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - State Republicans criticized Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's establishment of a commission to study whether Virginia's abolition of parole in the 1990s has been good for the state.
- Va. gov rejects calls for Planned Parenthood investigation Updated: Jul-17-15 9:19 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is rejecting calls from Virginia House Republican leaders for an investigation into how Planned Parenthood clinics handle fetal organs.
- Bridge to bear name of Va. trooper killed in line of duty Updated: Jul-16-15 2:34 am
DUBLIN, Virginia - The New River Bridge on Interstate 81 is being dedicated in memory of a Virginia State Police trooper who was killed in the line of duty.
- Lt. gov has raised $340,000-plus for Va. gubernatorial bid Updated: Jul-15-15 7:59 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam said Wednesday that he has raised more than $341,000 for a gubernatorial bid and more than $500,000 to help his fellow Democrats retake the state Senate.
- Va. wants talks on wider American Legion Bridge over Potomac Updated: Jul-15-15 12:19 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - Virginia transportation officials want to begin discussions with Maryland about widening the Capital Beltway's American Legion Bridge over the Potomac River.
- Drunken driver slams into Va. State Police vehicle on I-395 Updated: Jul-11-15 3:28 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a state trooper's vehicle was struck by a drunken driver in Alexandria while the trooper was assisting with another DUI investigation.
- Movement builds to rename Jefferson Davis Highway in Va. Updated: Jul-11-15 11:44 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - More than 3,000 people have signed petitions calling for Virginia to remove Confederate leader Jefferson Davis' name from a state highway amid national scrutiny over the Confederate flag.
- Trial continues challenging Va. House of Delegates districts Updated: Jul-08-15 4:19 am
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The chief architect of a Republican legislative redistricting plan is expected to testify in a lawsuit that claims the plan unconstitutionally packs black voters into a dozen legislative districts.
- Va. commission makes recommendations to bolster military Updated: Jul-07-15 6:59 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A state commission released a report Tuesday detailing how Virginia officials can help grow the military's presence in the state.
- 4 killed in Virginia traffic accidents over holiday weekend Updated: Jul-07-15 6:43 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia State Police say four people died in traffic accidents over the Fourth of July holiday weekend.
- Gov. McAuliffe announces settlement on Route 460 project Updated: Jul-02-15 3:17 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe announced a $149 million settlement Thursday with the builders of a failed toll road project that would have paralleled the existing U.S. 460 from Suffolk to Petersburg.
- Small plane crash lands at Va. airport; 2 people injured Updated: Jul-02-15 5:55 am
HILLSVILLE, Virginia - Virginia State Police say two people suffered minor injuries when a small plane made a crash landing at Twin County Airport.
- State police believe arsonist responsible for SW Va fires Updated: Jul-02-15 3:02 am
ABINGDON, Virginia - Virginia State Police believe an arsonist is responsible for fires that have destroyed 18 vehicles and damaged a school outbuilding in Washington County in the past month.
- Va. AG, home security company settle consumer complaint Updated: Jul-01-15 11:50 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Attorney General Mark R. Herring and Trio Alarm LLC have settled a complaint alleging the company tricked consumers.