- Virginia AG opposes GOP push to expedite voting lawsuit Updated: May-27-16 4:25 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Attorney General Mark Herring is urging the Virginia Supreme Court not to expedite a lawsuit brought by Republican lawmakers over felons' voting rights.
- Police: Inmate found dead in holding cell at courthouse Updated: May-27-16 5:50 am
AMHERST, Virginia - Authorities are investigating after they say an inmate was found dead in a courthouse holding cell.
- Virginia State Police gathering to remember fallen officers Updated: May-26-16 4:03 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia State Police and their families are preparing to gather to remember law enforcement officials who have died.
- Association seeks to advance Confederate flag appeal Updated: May-25-16 4:34 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Heritage Preservation Association has argued for its appeal against the city of Danville in the Virginia Supreme Court, hoping to convince the court to hear a case involving the Confederate flag.
- Virginia governor: Feds have found no wrongdoing Updated: May-25-16 1:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The federal investigation into Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has focused on his business dealings before he took office and has found no evidence of wrongdoing, the governor's attorney said Wednesday.
- The Latest: McAuliffe attorney: Probe should be closed Updated: May-25-16 1:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Latest on a federal investigation into Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's campaign contributions (all times local):
- McAuliffe announces California brewery expanding to Virginia Updated: May-25-16 3:52 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe says another craft beer company has decided to locate its East Coast operations in Virginia.
- Virginia State Police: 2 die in plane crash in Orange County Updated: May-24-16 6:03 pm
RHOADESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a two people have died in a small plane crash on a road in Orange County.
- Virginia GOP file lawsuit to block felons from voting Updated: May-23-16 3:53 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Republicans asked state's highest court Monday to block more than 200,000 felons from voting in November, arguing that Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe abused his power by restoring the voting rights of thousands of convicts who've completed their sentences.
- Gov. McAuliffe takes state plane to Final Four, Cuba Updated: May-23-16 12:01 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Records show that Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has used a state airplane to fly to Cuba and a University of Virginia basketball game in Chicago, among other destinations.
- Unmanned aircraft partnership gets FAA authorization Updated: May-20-16 2:05 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Federal Aviation Administration has approved a new flight corridor in central Virginia for unnamed aircraft testing.
- Tidewater college gets cyber defense designation Updated: May-20-16 1:05 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Tidewater Community College has been named as a school that excels in cybersecurity training.
- Police: Man shot by officers charged with burglary, assault Updated: May-19-16 9:43 am
WYTHEVILLE, Virginia - Police say a man shot by officers he confronted with a gun during a break-in check at a southwestern Virginia home is facing charges.
- Haley, Gillespie say GOP needs to be more welcoming Updated: May-17-16 7:00 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and Virginia GOP gubernatorial hopeful Ed Gillespie said Tuesday that the Republican Party needs to be more inclusive, listen better to minority groups and have a brighter tone. But the pair steered clear of criticizing presumptive GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has faced strong opposition from some members of his party for bareknuckle style and hardline positions on immigration and Muslims.
- 5-month-old girl dies in car fire on Interstate 264 Updated: May-17-16 7:03 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A 5-month-old girl has died in a car fire on Interstate 264 in Virginia Beach.
- Police: no charges in officer-related fatal shooting Updated: May-16-16 4:14 pm
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a Fredericksburg police officer who fatally shot a white man earlier this year will not face charges.
- AG: State council has no say on naming law school for Scalia Updated: May-16-16 3:18 pm
LEXINGTON, Virginia - Virginia's attorney general's office says George Mason University does not need state approval to name its law school for the late Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia.
- The Latest: Paul Ryan says no timeline for party unity Updated: May-14-16 10:05 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Latest on the Wisconsin Republican Party convention (all times local):
- Former Va. sheriff faces illegal taping, embezzlement counts Updated: May-13-16 10:16 am
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - A former Virginia sheriff is charged with embezzlement and aiding in the illegal video recording of another person.
- Virginia official issues opinion on sex discrimination laws Updated: May-10-16 1:01 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's attorney general says violations of federal sex-discrimination laws based on sexual orientation or gender identity also are violations of state law.
- 1 man killed, 1 injured after being struck by car Updated: May-10-16 11:02 am
ACCOMAC, Virginia - Authorities say one man was killed and another was injured after being struck by a car in Accomack County.
- Police identify 2 men killed in tractor trailer-sedan car Updated: May-09-16 6:46 pm
PARKSLEY, Virginia - Virginia State Police have identified two people who were killed when a tractor trailer and car collided in Accomack County.
- Former justice Roush to start work as mediator Updated: May-09-16 3:13 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - After losing her spot on the Supreme Court of Virginia in a partisan squabble, former Justice Jane Marum Roush is working as a mediator.
- Taxpayer costs approach $4M in Virginia election lawsuits Updated: May-06-16 1:40 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia taxpayers have so far spent $3.7 million on private attorneys in three ongoing redistricting lawsuits, as well as a fourth case targeting the state's voter identification law.
- Sherriff's Office: Missing 3-year-old boy found safe Updated: May-05-16 1:52 pm
SPOTSYLVANIA, Virginia - Authorities say a 3-year-old Virginia boy taken by his father has been found safe.