- Iowa data shows 170 motor vehicle deaths so far in 2016 Updated: Jun-28-16 2:47 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - New data from the Iowa Department of Transportation shows 42 more people have died on Iowa roads in 2016 than at the same time last year.
- Changes made to troubled Cedar Rapids construction zone Updated: Jun-26-16 12:22 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Iowa transportation officials have made some changes to a Cedar Rapids work zone on an Interstate 80 off-ramp that has seen several semitrailers overturn this month.
- First half of Highway 100 extension could open early Updated: Jun-15-16 6:41 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A Cedar Rapids highway currently under construction appears on track to open ahead of schedule.
- Mussels to be removed from Iowa, Illinois bridge in July Updated: Jun-01-16 12:30 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - The first of an estimated half million mussels are expected to be relocated from the Mississippi River at the beginning of July as part of the Interstate 74 bridge project.
- Barge traffic makes a resurgence on the Missouri River Updated: May-30-16 10:23 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Missouri River is slowly resuming its role as a transportation corridor for commodities such as grain, scrap metal and fertilizer, but proponents of the barge industry acknowledge they're still swimming upstream against a perception that the river is not reliable enough to be profitable.