- Meet the leading Democrats in Nevada's 3rd House District Updated: May-29-16 1:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Political newcomers are trying to turn a Republican-held southern Nevada swing congressional district back to Democratic hands.
- New Jersey Democratic senator to speak at Cleveland luncheon Updated: May-29-16 11:37 am
CLEVELAND - New Jersey's junior U.S. senator is scheduled to speak next month at a Democratic Party luncheon in Cleveland.
- Election-year politics dim hopes of Illinois budget deal Updated: May-29-16 10:30 am
CHICAGO - The emails started arriving as heads were still spinning in the state Capitol over Democrats ramming through a state budget proposal. The missives from Republicans on Wednesday accused the majority party of approving a plan that's out of balance by $7 billion.
- Democratic candidates for Iowa US Senate seat fault Grassley Updated: May-28-16 6:37 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Three candidates seeking the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate spent no time Saturday at a Waterloo debate attacking each other, focusing criticism instead on Republican incumbent U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley and GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump.
- California US Senate choice could come down to 2 Democrats Updated: May-28-16 4:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Attorney General Kamala Harris would love to deliver an election-day surprise by ousting her strongest rival and fellow Democrat, Rep. Loretta Sanchez, from the race for the state's open U.S. Senate seat.
- NY Democrat: Trump should return money to 9/11 recovery fund Updated: May-28-16 2:24 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump is "a small man" for accepting $150,000 from a federal fund for small businesses hurt by the Sept. 11 attacks and should return the money or donate it to charity, a New York Democratic congressman said.
- The Latest: Kansas Democrat rips GOP on schools, LGBT issue Updated: May-27-16 9:41 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on the Kansas Supreme Court's ruling on school funding (all times local):
- Wisconsin redistricting trial wraps up Updated: May-27-16 7:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Assembly district boundaries that Republicans drew up five years ago have robbed Democratic-leaning voters of their voices, attorneys argued Friday as they wrapped up a federal trial over whether the lines are constitutional.
- The Latest: GOP urges Democrats to continue budget talks Updated: May-27-16 3:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Latest on Illinois lawmakers' attempts to agree on a state budget as the spring legislative session approaches its Tuesday deadline (all times local):
- Colorado governor's book raises Clinton veep speculation Updated: May-27-16 8:30 am
DENVER - John Hickenlooper, Colorado's term-limited Democratic governor, released a candid autobiography and is doing the book talk rounds this week, reviving speculation that he is positioning himself to join Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign ticket.
- Obama: Allies 'rattled' by Trump; Trump blasts Obama Updated: May-26-16 6:16 pm
SHIMA, Japan - President Barack Obama said Thursday that foreign leaders are "rattled" by Donald Trump and have good reason to feel that way, as he accused the presumptive Republican presidential nominee of ignorance about world affairs.
- GOP targets Democrats who voted 'yes' on Illinois budget Updated: May-26-16 5:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois House Republicans are launching automated phone calls blasting Democrats who voted for a state spending plan they say would lead to a $7 billion budget deficit.
- Arkansas Democrats dropping Jefferson, Jackson from dinner Updated: May-26-16 4:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Democratic Party on Thursday said it's dropping Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson's names from its annual fundraising dinner, joining a growing number of state parties distancing themselves from the slave-owning presidents.
- Wisconsin Democrats to debate eliminating super delegates Updated: May-26-16 4:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Democrats are slated to debate a nonbinding resolution supporting the elimination of super delegates, the party insiders who can support whoever they want for president.
- GOP conservatives scuttle spending bill over gay rights Updated: May-26-16 3:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Angry House conservatives voted down a routine spending bill Thursday in a fight over gay rights, underscoring the passions surrounding a social issue that is dividing the Republican Party and the nation in this election year.
- Attorney running for Congress as Democrat in Kansas' 4th Updated: May-26-16 12:33 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A 42-year-old Wichita attorney is running for Congress as a Democrat in the 4th Congressional District of south-central Kansas.
- Julian Castro to speak at Wendell Ford dinner next month Updated: May-26-16 4:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro will be the featured speaker at the annual Wendell Ford dinner sponsored by the Kentucky Democratic Party.
- Democrats want special session to change Mississippi budget Updated: May-25-16 6:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Democrats are renewing their demand for Republican Gov. Phil Bryant to call a special session so lawmakers can change parts of Mississippi's $6.3 billion spending plan before the new budget year begins July 1.
- Congressional panel releases critical Cover Oregon report Updated: May-25-16 5:27 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Republicans on a U.S. House committee have found former Gov. John Kitzhaber and a federal agency mishandled the creation of Oregon's health insurance enrollment website, with the Democratic governor's political advisers making decisions based on his re-election campaign.
- For Montana Dems, legislative races are hardly heating up Updated: May-25-16 5:19 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana Democrats may be boasting about party unity as they delight in watching rival Republicans fracture over ideology and bipartisanship. There are no declarations of party civil wars. Even so, Democrats have more than a dozen primary contests of their own.
- GOP senators attack top Democrat for defense bill delay Updated: May-25-16 4:19 pm
WASHINGTON - A Republican senator angrily denounced the Senate's top Democrat Wednesday for delaying debate on defense policy legislation, calling Minority Leader Harry Reid's leadership "cancerous" and accusing him of holding up the $602 billion bill to preserve his "sad, sorry legacy."
- The Latest: Congressional Dems play down Clinton report Updated: May-25-16 3:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the State Department audit that faulted Hillary Clinton's email practices and cybersecurity (all times local):
- The Latest: Contractor feels 'vindicated' by health report Updated: May-25-16 1:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Latest on congressional reports about the problems surrounding Oregon's health insurance website (all times local):
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Democrats aim at Trump's tax returns Updated: May-25-16 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - Hmmm, wonder who he has in mind?
- The Latest: Pence says he's set to debate Democratic ticket Updated: May-25-16 11:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on Democratic Indiana gubernatorial candidate John Gregg's running mate announcement (all times local):