- Sanders, 2 Clintons visiting Colorado ahead of Super Tuesday Updated: Feb-11-16 11:14 am
DENVER - Democratic candidates Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and Clinton's daughter are due in Colorado with less than a month to go before the state and a dozen others weigh in on the primaries on Super Tuesday.
- Truck tolls move to Senate after passing House Updated: Feb-11-16 10:18 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic leaders in the Rhode Island General Assembly plan to send a highway truck toll bill to the desk of Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo by Thursday night if the Senate votes in its favor.
- Obama in California to raise money for fellow Democrats Updated: Feb-11-16 4:56 am
MILPITAS, California - President Barack Obama is opening a weeklong visit to California where his first stops include raising money for fellow Democrats.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Latest: Flint mayor asks Obama to visit her city Updated: Feb-10-16 5:37 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The latest on developments in the lead contamination of Flint's water (all times local):
- Wisconsin's Feingold avoiding Democratic presidential pick Updated: Feb-10-16 4:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders? The question is much more than a ballot choice for Democrat Russ Feingold, whose hopes of reclaiming the Senate seat he held for 18 years rests with Wisconsin voters heavily invested in the presidential nomination fight.
- Democrat joins Republican-led majority in Alaska Senate Updated: Feb-10-16 2:07 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Republican-led Senate majority has added another member: Democratic Sen. Donny Olson of Golovin.
- UW-Milwaukee preps for Democratic presidential debate Updated: Feb-10-16 1:13 pm
MILWAUKEE - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee planners, grounds crew and students have been putting in some long days to make sure everything is set for this week's Democratic presidential debate.
- Obama to preach 'better politics' at testy Illinois Capitol Updated: Feb-10-16 9:25 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois state Capitol where President Barack Obama returns Wednesday with a plea for "better politics" is awash in an acidic partisan feud. Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner, Democratic legislative leaders led by longtime Speaker Michael Madigan and even Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel have engaged in sometimes uncomfortably personal attacks over the state budget mess, Chicago schools, the governor's appointments and more, taking finger-pointing to a new level.
- Feingold to skip Democratic presidential debate in Milwaukee Updated: Feb-10-16 9:15 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Russ Feingold is skipping the Democratic presidential debate in his home state of Wisconsin.
- New Hampshire Takeaways: Donald Trump proves he's a winner Updated: Feb-10-16 8:09 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters have made their picks: Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders. They are choices with implications for next-to-vote South Carolina, Nevada and beyond in the 2016 race for president.
- LePage withdraws nominee amid spat over transgender rules Updated: Feb-09-16 6:34 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul Page is temporarily withdrawing his nomination for education commissioner amid a disagreement with lawmakers over issues related to transgender students because he says Democrats plan to reject the choice for reasons unrelated to job abilities.
- Senator says she changed mind, will OK governor's court pick Updated: Feb-09-16 5:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Democratic senator who broke from her party to support Republicans' pick for the Virginia Supreme Court says she has changed her mind.
- The Latest: Top Indiana lawmakers backing Holcomb selection Updated: Feb-09-16 3:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on Indiana Gov. Mike Pence's pick to become the state's new lieutenant governor (all times local):
- Alaska House to focus on budget-related bills Updated: Feb-08-16 10:14 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House passed a resolution Monday aimed at focusing committee work on the state's budget deficit, while minority Democrats pushed for a more inclusive process to find budget solutions.
- Kansas court funding protected; abortion, safety discussed Updated: Feb-08-16 8:48 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback signed legislation Monday to keep Kansas' courts open, while abortion rights advocates rallied at the Statehouse and Democratic legislators endorsed public safety proposals.
- House agrees to double donor limit ahead of pivotal election Updated: Feb-08-16 7:36 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House Democrats and Republicans agreed to double how much money people can donate to political candidates, potentially raising the stakes for the November elections that could determine who controls state government.
- Maine governor goes on attack in State of the State letter Updated: Feb-08-16 6:36 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Lashing out at "socialists, career politicians and their allies in the media," Gov. Paul LePage on Monday used a State of the State letter to lawmakers to attack critics and lay out his proposals.
- The Latest: House calls for focus on state budget Updated: Feb-08-16 6:16 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Latest on legislative proposals to work on the Alaska state budget (all times local):
- Democrats vying for US Senate talk up experience, background Updated: Feb-08-16 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - Meeting for the first time this election season, the three Illinois Democrats vying for U.S. Senate worked to distinguish themselves from each other and their GOP rivals Monday, sharing stories of difficult childhoods, business backgrounds and time in the trenches of struggling Chicago neighborhoods.
- Senate Democrats back candidate for GOP-held seat in Vegas Updated: Feb-08-16 2:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - Democratic leaders in the Nevada Senate are endorsing an attorney to run for the seat held by Republican Sen. Scott Hammond.
- Bill ending social promotion stalls in New Mexico Senate Updated: Feb-08-16 12:09 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A bill that calls for New Mexico third graders who don't show proficiency in reading to be held back has stalled in a Democratic-controlled Senate committee.
- School funding overhaul again faces long odds in Springfield Updated: Feb-07-16 10:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Lawmakers of all stripes have pledged support in recent weeks for overhauling the state's outdated school funding formula, a nearly 30 year old system that nearly everyone agrees penalizes students in poorer districts.
- Kansas caucuses show party differences in voting approaches Updated: Feb-07-16 12:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Republicans and Democrats are preparing for March 5 presidential caucuses amid questions about voter registration rules and with several thousand potential voters who have tried to register unable to cast a ballot in the 2016 elections because they haven't provided proof of citizenship.
- North Dakota Democrats working to rebuild downtrodden party Updated: Feb-07-16 11:57 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Jed Hanson grew up in a conservative household in a conservative town in a conservative state, but didn't feel much of a connection to the Republican Party that has dominated North Dakota's political scene for decades.