- Payet signs new contract with Premier League club West Ham Updated: Feb-11-16 5:39 pm
LONDON - West Ham midfielder Dimitri Payet has agreed a contract which will keep him at the club until 2021.
- Man U seeks world-class stars, won't emulate Leicester plan Updated: Feb-11-16 10:51 am
LONDON - Manchester United will stick with its policy of spending heavily on world-class talent rather than trying to emulate Leicester, which has surged to the top of the Premier League with unproven players signed on the cheap.
- Liverpool fans score apology, U-turn from owners on tickets Updated: Feb-10-16 4:49 pm
LONDON - Liverpool's American owners apologized to fans and reversed planned rises in ticket prices on Wednesday, insisting they were not "greedy."
- Leicester and Riyad Mahrez lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-09-16 2:59 pm
LONDON - Leicester and its playmaker Riyad Mahrez took leading honors in the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after two Premier League wins in a week against Liverpool and Manchester City.
- It's now or never for Leicester in this odds-defying season Updated: Feb-08-16 1:46 pm
LONDON - The wealth of elite clubs and financial restrictions on upstarts were thought to be locking in the established order in English soccer and suppressing ambition.
- Arsenal climbs to 3rd in league by beating Bournemouth Updated: Feb-07-16 3:47 pm
BOURNEMOUTH, England - Arsenal ended a four-game winless run by scoring quick-fire goals to beat Bournemouth 2-0 on Sunday, rising to third in the Premier League.
- Costa scores late as Chelsea holds Man United to a 1-1 draw Updated: Feb-07-16 2:26 pm
LONDON - Chelsea striker Diego Costa struck in stoppage time against Manchester United to maintain his scoring streak under interim manager Guus Hiddink, ensuring a 1-1 stalemate in Sunday's meeting of fallen Premier League powers.
- Jamie Vardy signs new contract with Leicester to 2019 Updated: Feb-06-16 3:47 pm
LEICESTER, England - English Premier League leader Leicester says striker Jamie Vardy has signed a new contract with the club until 2019.
- Tottenham goes 2nd in Premier League by beating Watford 1-0 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:18 pm
LONDON - Tottenham is providing another element of unpredictability to a Premier League title race defying all expectations.
- Sunderland come from 2 down to draw 2-2 with Liverpool Updated: Feb-06-16 1:08 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Relegation-threatened Sunderland came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Liverpool in the Premier League on Saturday with manager Juergen Klopp missing and many home fans having left before the visitors rescued a point.
- Norwich in relegation zone after losing to Villa Updated: Feb-06-16 1:08 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Last-place Aston Villa looked determined to take Norwich down to the second-tier, beating the visiting Canaries 2-0 Saturday for its third Premier League win of the season.
- Newcastle moves out of Premier League relegation zone Updated: Feb-06-16 12:37 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle moved out of the Premier League relegation zone with a 1-0 win over West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, swapping places with Norwich.
- Leicester stuns Man City 3-1 to go 6 points clear at top Updated: Feb-06-16 10:14 am
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester stunned Manchester City 3-1 on Saturday to bolster its bid to become the unlikeliest champions in English football history.
- Struggling Villa finally makes a signing - in the boardroom Updated: Feb-04-16 10:35 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - English Premier League struggler Aston Villa has finally made a big-name signing - in the boardroom.
- Chelsea held to 0-0 draw by Watford in Premier League Updated: Feb-03-16 5:57 pm
WATFORD, England - Chelsea failed to turn sustained late pressure into a goal in a 0-0 draw at Watford in the English Premier League on Wednesday.
- Everton beats Newcastle 3-0 after 2 penalties from Barkley Updated: Feb-03-16 5:47 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Ross Barkley marked his 100th appearance in the English Premier League by converting two late penalties to complete Everton's 3-0 win over relegation-threatened Newcastle on Wednesday.
- American midfielder Stuart Holden retires from soccer at 30 Updated: Feb-03-16 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - American midfielder Stuart Holden is retiring from soccer, unable to recover from knee injuries that have sidelined him for most of the past four years.
- Chelsea omits Falcao from Champions League squad; Pato in Updated: Feb-03-16 3:02 pm
LONDON - Radamel Falcao has been omitted from Chelsea's Champions League squad for the knockout stage, continuing the Colombia striker's miserable spell at the English Premier League club.
- City puts United further in shade with Guardiola coup Updated: Feb-02-16 7:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola's imminent arrival in the Premier League is a game-changer not just for Manchester City but for English soccer, bringing a coveted, visionary coach to a club already having a stated aim of being a "leader in the world of football."
- Bournemouth rallies to beat Crystal Palace 2-1 in EPL Updated: Feb-02-16 6:33 pm
LONDON - Bournemouth boosted its bid for survival with a 2-1 win Tuesday as Crystal Palace lost its fifth straight Premier League match.
- Manchester United eases to 3-0 Premier League win over Stoke Updated: Feb-02-16 6:21 pm
MANCHESTER - Manchester United eased to a 3-0 victory against Stoke in the Premier League on Tuesday, with an attacking display at Old Trafford signaling a potential upturn in confidence at the club.
- Sergio Aguero hands Manchester City victory at Sunderland Updated: Feb-02-16 5:54 pm
SUNDERLAND - Sergio Aguero's first-half strike handed Manchester City a 1-0 victory against Sunderland in the Premier League on Tuesday.
- Arsenal drops 5 points behind in title race after draw Updated: Feb-02-16 5:41 pm
LONDON - Arsenal dropped five points behind leader Leicester in the English Premier League with a goalless draw against Southampton on Tuesday.
- Spurs 3rd in Premier League after beating Norwich 3-0 Updated: Feb-02-16 5:23 pm
NORWICH, England - Tottenham beat Norwich 3-0 Tuesday to leapfrog its London rival Arsenal and move third in the Premier League.
- Vardy scores stunning opener, Leicester beats Liverpool 2-0 Updated: Feb-02-16 4:55 pm
LEICESTER, England - Jamie Vardy continued his prolific season by scoring two goals - including a looping volley from 25 meters - to guide Leicester to a 2-0 win over Liverpool on Tuesday, preserving the team's three-point lead in the Premier League.