- Struggling Villa finally makes a signing - in the boardroom Updated: Feb-04-16 10:35 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - English Premier League struggler Aston Villa has finally made a big-name signing - in the boardroom.
- Big-spending Newcastle stumbles again in Premier League Updated: Feb-03-16 6:19 pm
Newcastle was among the top spenders in Europe in the winter transfer window in a last-gasp bid to escape relegation from the lucrative English Premier League.
- Chelsea held to 0-0 draw by Watford in Premier League Updated: Feb-03-16 5:57 pm
WATFORD, England - Chelsea failed to turn sustained late pressure into a goal in a 0-0 draw at Watford in the English Premier League on Wednesday.
- Everton beats Newcastle 3-0 after 2 penalties from Barkley Updated: Feb-03-16 5:47 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Ross Barkley marked his 100th appearance in the English Premier League by converting two late penalties to complete Everton's 3-0 win over relegation-threatened Newcastle on Wednesday.
- American midfielder Stuart Holden retires from soccer at 30 Updated: Feb-03-16 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - American midfielder Stuart Holden is retiring from soccer, unable to recover from knee injuries that have sidelined him for most of the past four years.
- Chelsea omits Falcao from Champions League squad; Pato in Updated: Feb-03-16 3:02 pm
LONDON - Radamel Falcao has been omitted from Chelsea's Champions League squad for the knockout stage, continuing the Colombia striker's miserable spell at the English Premier League club.
- City puts United further in shade with Guardiola coup Updated: Feb-02-16 7:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola's imminent arrival in the Premier League is a game-changer not just for Manchester City but for English soccer, bringing a coveted, visionary coach to a club already having a stated aim of being a "leader in the world of football."
- Bournemouth rallies to beat Crystal Palace 2-1 in EPL Updated: Feb-02-16 6:33 pm
LONDON - Bournemouth boosted its bid for survival with a 2-1 win Tuesday as Crystal Palace lost its fifth straight Premier League match.
- Manchester United eases to 3-0 Premier League win over Stoke Updated: Feb-02-16 6:21 pm
MANCHESTER - Manchester United eased to a 3-0 victory against Stoke in the Premier League on Tuesday, with an attacking display at Old Trafford signaling a potential upturn in confidence at the club.
- Sergio Aguero hands Manchester City victory at Sunderland Updated: Feb-02-16 5:54 pm
SUNDERLAND - Sergio Aguero's first-half strike handed Manchester City a 1-0 victory against Sunderland in the Premier League on Tuesday.
- Arsenal drops 5 points behind in title race after draw Updated: Feb-02-16 5:41 pm
LONDON - Arsenal dropped five points behind leader Leicester in the English Premier League with a goalless draw against Southampton on Tuesday.
- Spurs 3rd in Premier League after beating Norwich 3-0 Updated: Feb-02-16 5:23 pm
NORWICH, England - Tottenham beat Norwich 3-0 Tuesday to leapfrog its London rival Arsenal and move third in the Premier League.
- Vardy scores stunning opener, Leicester beats Liverpool 2-0 Updated: Feb-02-16 4:55 pm
LEICESTER, England - Jamie Vardy continued his prolific season by scoring two goals - including a looping volley from 25 meters - to guide Leicester to a 2-0 win over Liverpool on Tuesday, preserving the team's three-point lead in the Premier League.
- Transfer deadline day: Mid-ranking Everton, Stoke spend $45M Updated: Feb-01-16 6:57 pm
LONDON - The heaviest spending as European football's transfer window closed on Monday was not by traditional powers but mid-ranking English clubs Stoke and Everton collectively paying around $45 million on two players.
- The Latest: Stoke signs $26m Imbula in winter's biggest deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - The Latest on European soccer transfer deadline day (all times local):
- John Terry to leave Chelsea at end of the season Updated: Feb-01-16 8:14 am
LONDON - Chelsea captain John Terry will leave the English Premier League champion at the end of the season after the club he has served since the age of 14 told him it would not be renewing his contract.
- Ramires leaves Chelsea for China; Pato arrives in London Updated: Jan-27-16 1:56 pm
LONDON - Brazil midfielder Ramires left Chelsea on Wednesday as compatriot Alexandre Pato arrived in London to join with the Premier League champions.
- Bundesliga CEO says European Super League could help Germany Updated: Jan-27-16 12:55 pm
LONDON - The head of the Bundesliga welcomed discussions about revamping the Champions League on Wednesday, seeing a potential European Super League as beneficial for German clubs.
- Successful start for Guidolin as Swansea beats Everton 2-1 Updated: Jan-24-16 10:53 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Francesco Guidolin enjoyed a winning start as Swansea head coach on Sunday when the Welsh club won 2-1 at Everton in the Premier League.
- Vardy goal drought ends, title-chasing Leicester beats Stoke Updated: Jan-23-16 3:34 pm
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri had been telling Leicester striker Jamie Vardy that if he continued to work hard then his goal drought would end. The manager was proved right on Saturday in a 3-0 win over Stoke.
- Watford beats struggling Newcastle 2-1 Updated: Jan-23-16 1:43 pm
WATFORD, England - Watford beat struggling Newcastle 2-1 Saturday to end its four-game losing streak in the Premier League.
- Leicester signs Ghana international Amartey from Copenhagen Updated: Jan-22-16 1:29 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester has signed Ghana international Daniel Amartey from FC Copenhagen.
- West Ham sign defender Byram from Leeds Updated: Jan-20-16 9:21 am
LONDON - West Ham has signed defender Sam Byram from Leeds for an undisclosed fee.
- Swansea out of relegation zone after 1-0 win over Watford Updated: Jan-18-16 5:42 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Swansea moved out of the relegation zone following a slender 1-0 win over Watford in the English Premier League on Monday in front of newly-appointed head coach Francesco Guidolin.
- Liverpool signs goalkeeper Mignolet to new contract Updated: Jan-18-16 12:46 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has signed a new long-term contract with the Premier League club.