- Hull wins soccer's richest match, back in Premier League Updated: May-28-16 2:26 pm
LONDON - Hull secured an immediate return to the English Premier League and a minimum $250 million cash bonanza by beating Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 in the League Championship playoff final on Saturday.
- Man United sensation Rashford scores on England debut Updated: May-27-16 3:11 pm
SUNDERLAND, England - He scored on his Manchester United debut, on his Premier League debut and in his first Manchester derby.
- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading Man United Updated: May-27-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United needed a serial winner to restore the team's status as a European powerhouse. Jose Mourinho craved an iconic stage like Old Trafford to remind the world of his rare talent as a coach.
- Evans to face new rape trial in October Updated: May-27-16 6:35 am
CARDIFF, Wales - A former Premier League player whose rape conviction was overturned will face a new trial in October.
- Thai-backed Sheffield Wednesday 90 minutes from EPL return Updated: May-26-16 12:11 pm
Two of the feel-good stories in English soccer this season both started with Thai businessmen dreaming big for their teams.
- Benitez stays at Newcastle despite relegation from EPL Updated: May-25-16 2:04 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Rafa Benitez started this season as coach of Spanish giant Real Madrid, facing Barcelona among others. He'll begin next season in the second tier of English football and working out how to beat the likes of Burton Albion and Brentford.
- Arsenal received bigger EPL windfall than champion Leicester Updated: May-24-16 12:44 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received the most Premier League prize money last season despite finishing behind champion Leicester.
- The Latest: United says Van Gaal's legacy is promoting youth Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on Manchester United (all times local):
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- Kane, Vardy score again to earn England 2-1 win over Turkey Updated: May-22-16 3:31 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy transferred their scoring form in the Premier League to the international stage Sunday, netting England's goals in an unconvincing 2-1 victory over Turkey in the teams' first warmup match ahead of the European Championship.
- CSKA wins Russian Premier League, Dynamo down for 1st time Updated: May-21-16 9:37 am
KAZAN, Russia - CSKA Moscow fought off a challenge from surprise title contender FC Rostov to win the Russian Premier League for the sixth time Saturday, while Soviet-era giant Dynamo Moscow was relegated for the first time.
- Watford appoints Mazzarri to replace Sanchez Flores Updated: May-21-16 5:17 am
WATFORD, England - English Premier League team Watford on Saturday appointed Walter Mazzarri as its new head coach on a three-year contract, starting July 1.
- Villa owner wants team promoted, and to help soccer in China Updated: May-20-16 12:16 pm
BEIJING - The little-known businessman who bought Aston Villa is hoping to improve both the English club and Chinese soccer in general.
- Leicester's recruitment chief signs new deal Updated: May-20-16 11:20 am
LEICESTER, England - The man who masterminded the astute recruitment policy behind Leicester's unlikely English Premier League title triumph has signed a new deal with the club.
- English soccer club Aston Villa sold to Chinese buyer Updated: May-18-16 8:11 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa was sold Wednesday to a Chinese businessman after a decade under the American ownership of Randy Lerner.
- Switzerland leaves former captain Inler off Euro 2016 squad Updated: May-18-16 9:53 am
BERN, Switzerland - Former Switzerland captain Gokhan Inler was left off a 28-man squad for a European Championship training camp after failing to break into Leicester's Premier League title-winning team.
- Nervy Hull reaches playoff final for place in EPL Updated: May-17-16 6:27 pm
HULL, England - Hull will play Sheffield Wednesday for a place in the English Premier League next season after surviving a fightback by Derby in their League Championship playoff semifinal on Tuesday.
- United beats Bournemouth 3-1, finishes 5th in EPL Updated: May-17-16 6:26 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's absence from the Champions League for the second time in three years was confirmed on Tuesday after a 3-1 win over Bournemouth in an English Premier League game hastily rearranged because of a bomb scare.
- Stakes high for Liverpool, Sevilla in Europa League final Updated: May-17-16 12:19 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - There's more at stake than just a trophy for Liverpool and Sevilla in the Europa League final.
- Estimated 240,000 people watch Leicester parade EPL trophy Updated: May-16-16 6:33 pm
LEICESTER, England - An estimated 240,000 people turned out to watch Leicester's players parade the Premier League trophy in an open-top bus tour through the streets of the city in central England on Monday.
- Sheffield Wednesday into 2nd-tier playoff final in England Updated: May-16-16 6:08 pm
BRIGHTON, England - Sheffield Wednesday is one win away from playing in the English Premier League for the first time since 2000 after reaching the playoff final in the second-tier League Championship on Monday.
- Chelsea, Spurs fined after heated EPL game Updated: May-16-16 12:51 pm
LONDON - Chelsea and Tottenham have been fined a combined 600,000 pounds ($865,000) by the English Football Association for failing to control their players and officials in a heated Premier League match between the London clubs.
- Column: Relegation is football's teacher of hope Updated: May-16-16 11:55 am
PARIS - Those who have experienced relegation, football's annual ritual culling of the weak, say the pain of being sent to the next league down is almost as intense as the grief of death.
- Howard keeps clean sheet, Everton beats Norwich in last game Updated: May-15-16 7:30 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Tim Howard kept a clean sheet in his 414th and final game for Everton on Sunday as the managerless club completed the Premier League season with a 3-0 victory over relegated Norwich.
- The Latest: Mayor demands inquiry after security 'fiasco' Updated: May-15-16 7:11 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on the evacuation of Manchester United's stadium after a suspicious package was found (all times local):