- Controller drops effort to repeal commerce tax on ballot Updated: May-25-16 10:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - State Controller Ron Knecht said Wednesday that he's abandoning an effort to repeal Nevada's new commerce tax because a recent court setback made it too difficult to gather the signatures needed to get the measure on the ballot.
- Reports disclose fund-raising for Nevada ballot measures Updated: May-25-16 9:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - New campaign finance reports reveal fundraising for proposed November ballot measures. Here are some takeaways:
- Former mental patient wins bid to argue patient dumping case Updated: May-20-16 6:52 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A former Nevada psychiatric patient will get another chance to argue in state court that he was improperly discharged from a Las Vegas mental health facility and put on a bus to California.
- Court orders arbitration in Vegas newspapers profits dispute Updated: May-20-16 6:21 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Supreme Court says a profit-sharing dispute between the owners of the Las Vegas Sun and crosstown rival Las Vegas Review-Journal newspapers belongs before a third-party arbitrator.
- Nevada high court ruling keeps judge on Las Vegas Sands case Updated: May-11-16 9:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - A state court judge in Las Vegas will continue to handle a lawsuit headed for trial involving billionaire casino mogul Sheldon Adelson's company and a former Sands China Ltd. chief executive, the Nevada Supreme Court said Wednesday.