- Senators air rights concerns about India ahead of PM's visit Updated: May-24-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. lawmakers said Tuesday they are encouraged by growing defense cooperation with India but remain concerned about religious intolerance and slavery in the South Asian nation ahead of a visit by its prime minister.
- Iran and India sign port deal, other economic agreements Updated: May-23-16 3:30 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - India said Monday it will invest up to $500 million in a deal to develop a strategic port in Iran and both countries planned a number of projects they say are worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Rebels kill 6 Indian soldiers near border with Myanmar Updated: May-22-16 10:00 am
GAUHATI, India - Heavily armed rebels ambushed and killed six Indian paramilitary soldiers, including one officer, on Sunday in the latest attack in India's insurgency-wracked northeastern region bordering Myanmar.
- Canada apologizes for 1914 rejection of Asian migrant ship Updated: May-18-16 9:38 pm
TORONTO - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau apologized in Parliament on Wednesday for a government decision in 1914 to turn away a ship carrying hundreds of South Asian immigrants.
- Sri Lankan leader begins 2nd visit to India in 17 months Updated: May-13-16 8:14 am
NEW DELHI - Sri Lanka's leader began his second state visit to India in 17 months Friday in a trip that underscores his island nation's delicate efforts to balance relations with regional superpowers India and China.
- Tribunal: India, Italy should agree on Italian marine's bail Updated: May-03-16 10:15 am
NEW DELHI - India and Italy should work toward an agreement to allow an Italian marine to return home while an arbitration process continues in the fatally shootings of two Indian fishermen in 2012, a tribunal said Tuesday.
- Italy: Hague tribunal OKs marine's return from India for now Updated: May-02-16 2:59 pm
ROME - An international tribunal in The Hague has decided that an Italian marine being held in India in the shooting deaths of two Indian fishermen mistaken for pirates can return home for the duration of arbitration, the Italian foreign ministry said Monday.
- Speaker invites India Prime Minister to address Congress Updated: Apr-28-16 12:05 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan says he has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi (nah-REN'-drah MOH'-dee) of India to address a joint meeting of Congress on June 8.
- Tibetans in exile re-elect Lobsang Sangay as prime minister Updated: Apr-27-16 5:19 am
DHARMSALA, India - Lobsang Sangay has been re-elected prime minister of the Tibetan government-in-exile in voting held last month, officials announced Wednesday, with Sangay saying the election shows that Tibetans in exile "are practicing democracy, whereas China is not."
- India asks Pakistan to curb terror groups targeting India Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 am
NEW DELHI - India on Tuesday asked Pakistan to rein in terrorist groups operating from its soil and targeting India, expressing dissatisfaction with action taken so far against suspects of an attack on an Indian air force base in January.