- India says Maldives leader committed to 'India first' policy Updated: Oct-11-15 12:39 pm
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - India said on Sunday that the Maldives leader has committed to an "India first" policy in talks with its external affairs minister, a step that would signal improving ties between the two nations that had soured amid Maldives' leaning closer to China.
- 4 Indian soldiers, 3 rebels killed in Kashmir fighting Updated: Oct-05-15 7:22 am
SRINAGAR, India - Four Indian army soldiers and three suspected rebels were killed in separate clashes in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir, police said Monday.
- India vows to cut carbon intensity in Paris pledge Updated: Oct-02-15 1:19 pm
NEW DELHI - India's long-awaited pledge for a global climate pact shows how the world's No. 3 carbon polluter is making significant efforts to rein in the growth of emissions linked to its fast-surging demands for energy, analysts said Friday.
- Anti-India anger in Nepal as essential supplies dry up Updated: Oct-01-15 10:14 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal feels like it is being choked. It's running out of gasoline. Medical supplies are becoming scarce. All because of an unofficial economic blockade imposed by neighboring India from where Nepal gets almost all its essential supplies.
- At UN, Pakistan PM proposes peace initiative with India Updated: Sep-30-15 2:40 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday proposed a new peace initiative with historical rival India.
- India clamping down on critics of Modi, activist groups Updated: Sep-27-15 1:20 am
NEW DELHI - It takes courage to accuse a powerful politician - a man who would go on to become India's prime minister - of encouraging riots against a minority. Police officer Sanjiv Bhatt did just that. And he says he is paying the price for it.
- AP Interview: India says reducing poverty is climate justice Updated: Sep-24-15 11:42 pm
NEW DELHI - India will confirm plans next week for a fivefold increase in renewable energy by 2020, the environment minister said. But it will continue to champion poor countries in their demand that industrialized nations assume the brunt of responsibility for decades of climate-warming emissions.
- Pakistan army says India kills 2 civilians in Kashmir region Updated: Sep-17-15 1:11 pm
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's military says "unprovoked" Indian gunfire has killed two civilians in Pakistan's part of the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir.