- Tribunal: India, Italy should agree on Italian marine's bail Updated: May-03-16 10:15 am
NEW DELHI - India and Italy should work toward an agreement to allow an Italian marine to return home while an arbitration process continues in the fatally shootings of two Indian fishermen in 2012, a tribunal said Tuesday.
- Italy: Hague tribunal OKs marine's return from India for now Updated: May-02-16 2:59 pm
ROME - An international tribunal in The Hague has decided that an Italian marine being held in India in the shooting deaths of two Indian fishermen mistaken for pirates can return home for the duration of arbitration, the Italian foreign ministry said Monday.
- Speaker invites India Prime Minister to address Congress Updated: Apr-28-16 12:05 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan says he has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi (nah-REN'-drah MOH'-dee) of India to address a joint meeting of Congress on June 8.
- Tibetans in exile re-elect Lobsang Sangay as prime minister Updated: Apr-27-16 5:19 am
DHARMSALA, India - Lobsang Sangay has been re-elected prime minister of the Tibetan government-in-exile in voting held last month, officials announced Wednesday, with Sangay saying the election shows that Tibetans in exile "are practicing democracy, whereas China is not."
- Al-Qaida says it killed Bangladesh gay activist, friend Updated: Apr-26-16 3:06 pm
NEW DELHI - The Bangladeshi branch of al-Qaida claimed responsibility Tuesday for the killing of a gay rights activist and his friend, undermining the prime minister's insistence just hours earlier that her political opponents were to blame for the attack and for a rising tide of violence against secular activists and writers.
- India asks Pakistan to curb terror groups targeting India Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 am
NEW DELHI - India on Tuesday asked Pakistan to rein in terrorist groups operating from its soil and targeting India, expressing dissatisfaction with action taken so far against suspects of an attack on an Indian air force base in January.
- Finance minister: India has long list of needs, goals Updated: Apr-19-16 1:22 am
NEW YORK - India's finance minister says his country's needs include everything from more housing and factories to becoming more business friendly but that it's also committed to protecting the climate.
- Defense contractor who sent military info to India sentenced Updated: Apr-14-16 1:15 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey defense contractor who used a church website to send information on military submarines and aircraft to a person in India has been sentenced to nearly five years in prison.
- 4th Kashmiri dies in clashes with Indian troops amid curfew Updated: Apr-13-16 9:05 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities on Wednesday imposed a curfew in parts of Kashmir to stop fresh anti-India demonstrations following the killings of four people by Indian troops and a general strike called by separatists.
- US, India militaries to improve disaster coordination Updated: Apr-12-16 6:56 am
NEW DELHI - The U.S. and India have reached a preliminary agreement that will make it easier for the two countries' militaries to work together in disasters or other emergencies, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Tuesday.