- Orioles shut down by Rangers' Hamels in 4-1 loss Updated: Aug-29-15 12:56 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Baltimore Orioles let Cole Hamels off the hook in the third inning and spent the rest of the night regretting it.
- Hamels strikes out 10, Rangers beat Orioles Updated: Aug-29-15 12:11 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cole Hamels delivered the type of performance the Texas Rangers hoped to get when they traded for him.
- Orioles CF Jones in lineup a day after running into wall Updated: Aug-28-15 6:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Baltimore center fielder Adam Jones was in the starting lineup Friday night, a day after he ran into a wall and exited early.
- Yordano Ventura overpowering as Royals beat Orioles 5-3 Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura's locker sits next to that of Edinson Volquez in the Kansas City clubhouse, and two down from Johnny Cueto, who arrived last month in a trade from Cincinnati.
- Orioles CF Adam Jones exits vs KC after running into wall Updated: Aug-27-15 5:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Baltimore Orioles center fielder Adam Jones left the game against the Royals after running into the wall while tracking down a fly ball in the first inning Thursday.
- Cueto roughed up again as Orioles power past Royals, 8-5 Updated: Aug-27-15 12:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - There were two things in common with the pitches Johnny Cueto threw to Chris Davis, Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop: They all began as cutters, and they all ended up as two-run homers.
- Orioles' Clevenger goes on paternity list, becomes papa Updated: Aug-25-15 7:15 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Baltimore Orioles have placed catcher Steve Clevenger on the paternity list and purchased the contract of infielder Paul Janish from Triple-A Norfolk.
- Pair of errors allow Twins to top Orioles 4-3 in 12 innings Updated: Aug-23-15 7:35 pm
BALTIMORE - The Minnesota Twins had some key hits, got effective pitching and made several big defensive plays. They also capitalized on Baltimore's mistakes.
- Top summer readers to be honored by Baltimore Orioles Updated: Aug-20-15 4:49 am
BALTIMORE - Children who were some of the top summer readers in Maryland are being honored by the Baltimore Orioles.
- Urrutia HR in 9th inning gives Orioles 5-4 win over Mets Updated: Aug-19-15 11:12 pm
BALTIMORE - Henry Urrutia was rounding the bases after hitting his first major league home run, and one thought crossed his mind:
- Orioles' hitting surge ends in 5-3 loss to deGrom and Mets Updated: Aug-19-15 12:30 am
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles' resurgent offense proved to be no match for the one of the most effective pitchers in the major leagues.
- Clevenger hits 3-run homer to lead Orioles past A's 4-2 Updated: Aug-17-15 10:59 pm
BALTIMORE - With catcher Matt Wieters out with an injury, Steve Clevenger is taking full advantage of his opportunity with the Baltimore Orioles.
- Orioles OF David Lough designated for assignment Updated: Aug-14-15 6:12 pm
BALTIMORE - Outfielder David Lough has been designated for assignment by the Baltimore Orioles, who needed the roster spot for a backup catcher.
- Japanese baseball fans react to Iwakuma's no-hitter Updated: Aug-13-15 3:02 am
TOKYO - Seattle Mariners starter Hisashi Iwakuma's feat of becoming the second Japanese-born pitcher after Hideo Nomo to throw a no-hitter in the U.S. major leagues was splashed on the home pages of sports newspapers and other media websites in his home country, greeting people as they were waking up Thursday.
- Iwakuma tosses no-hitter in Seattle's 3-0 win over Orioles Updated: Aug-12-15 8:23 pm
SEATTLE - Off the bat, Hisashi Iwakuma believed the slicing flyball was going to find its way to the outfield grass and end his dream of joining an elite pitching fraternity one out shy.
- Orioles catcher Matt Wieters exits game with injury Updated: Aug-11-15 11:55 pm
SEATTLE - Baltimore Orioles catcher Matt Wieters left Tuesday's game against the Seattle Mariners with a right hamstring strain.
- Murphy drives in 4 runs in Angels' 5-4 win over O's in 11 Updated: Aug-09-15 9:57 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Angels weren't surprised when Baltimore manager Buck Showalter ordered intentional walks to sluggers Mike Trout and Albert Pujols with a runner at second and two out in the bottom of the 11th.
- Davis' grand slam in 10th leads Orioles to 7-3 win over A's Updated: Aug-05-15 8:29 pm
OAKLAND, California - Chris Davis learned several years ago not to get caught up analyzing his swing when things are going bad.
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Daniel Norris forged a Price-less memory in his debut with Detroit.
- Orioles place RHP Wright on DL, recall RHP Rondon Updated: Aug-01-15 4:02 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have placed right-hander rookie Mike Wright on the 15-day disabled list because of a left calf strain.
- Cubs acquire reliever Hunter from Orioles for Lake Updated: Jul-31-15 5:24 pm
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Orioles get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-31-15 1:39 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles filled one of their most pressing needs Friday by obtaining left fielder Gerardo Parra from the Milwaukee Brewers for a minor league right-hander Zach Davies.
- 2 Orioles minor league pitchers suspended for PEDs Updated: Jul-30-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Baltimore Orioles shortstop Jared Breen and right-hander Nick Cunningham have been suspended 80 games each for positive tests under baseball's minor league drug program.