- Court: Woman who left child in car deserves new hearing Updated: Aug-20-15 5:04 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A woman who was found to have neglected her 19-month-old daughter by leaving the child in a car while she went shopping will get another chance to argue her case, the state Supreme Court wrote in an opinion released Thursday.
- NJ high court overturns murder conviction for parents' death Updated: Aug-17-15 12:23 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey man who admitted to strangling his parents and burying them in a park before going on a shopping spree with his girlfriend had his murder conviction overturned Monday after the state Supreme Court ruled that his confession was obtained improperly.
- Washington state gets failing grade on school funding Updated: Aug-14-15 1:55 pm
SEATTLE - Washington state is being fined $100,000 a day by the state Supreme Court because justices say lawmakers have failed to adequately pay to educate the state's 1 million school children.
- Court fines Washington state over education funding Updated: Aug-14-15 4:19 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington officials are considering a special legislative session after the state Supreme Court issued daily fines a of $100,000 until lawmakers comply with a court order to improve the way the state pays for its basic education system.
- State's top court OKs casino search that yielded gun in room Updated: Aug-04-15 2:47 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - An Atlantic City police officer was justified in searching a casino hotel room without a warrant, finding a gun he thought might have been used in an armed robbery, the state Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
- Supreme Court to hear public pension cost-of-living case Updated: Jul-30-15 6:43 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's Supreme Court has agreed to consider a case that looks at whether retired public workers have a right to cost-of-living increases in their pensions.