- Shaq wishes he had a farewell tour like Kobe is getting Updated: Feb-11-16 8:18 pm
TORONTO - Shaquille O'Neal has watched former teammate Kobe Bryant's farewell tour this season from afar. And even though Bryant hasn't been the consistently dynamic player he once was while playing for a Los Angeles Lakers team that is losing games by the bucketful, O'Neal couldn't help but be a little envious of the way Bryant has been able to say goodbye.
- Kobe, LeBron share court as Cavaliers beat Lakers 120-111 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:02 am
CLEVELAND - With 20,000 fans roaring, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James hugged and seemed to be in a world of their own.
- Kobe reflects on LeBron before final matchup in Cleveland Updated: Feb-10-16 9:38 pm
CLEVELAND - Kobe Bryant remembers giving a pair of his sneakers to LeBron James as a gift and offering the teenager some advice.
- Cavs' Kevin Love re-injures left shoulder against Lakers Updated: Feb-10-16 9:35 pm
CLEVELAND - Cavaliers forward Kevin Love has re-injured his surgically repaired left shoulder.
- George's big finish leads Pacers past Lakers 89-87 Updated: Feb-08-16 10:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kobe Bryant gave Indiana Pacers fans one last thrill Monday night.
- Knicks fire coach Derek Fisher; Rambis gets interim job Updated: Feb-08-16 10:01 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Derek Fisher had just finished a long playing career when Phil Jackson picked him to coach the New York Knicks. Just 1 1/2 seasons later, Jackson decided he needed someone else.
- Bryant's 25 points not enough to upset Spurs Updated: Feb-07-16 12:44 am
- Resurgent Kobe Bryant leads Lakers past Pelicans, 99-96 Updated: Feb-05-16 2:20 am
NEW ORLEANS - Kobe Bryant kept his right arm extended upward, his hand dangling as he held his follow-through on a 3-point shot with a minute to go.
- Kobe scores 38, Lakers beat Wolves 119-115 to end 10-gm skid Updated: Feb-03-16 2:32 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant has lifted the Los Angeles Lakers onto his shoulders countless times over the past two decades, and he rarely flinches under the weight.
- Garnett offers endorsement of interim coach Sam Mitchell Updated: Feb-02-16 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - As the losses keep piling up for the young Minnesota Timberwolves and the scrutiny increases on interim coach Sam Mitchell, franchise star Kevin Garnett is throwing his support behind his longtime friend.
- Chick Hearn's widow, Marge Hearn, dies at 98 Updated: Feb-01-16 8:13 am
LOS ANGELES - Marge Hearn, the widow of legendary Los Angeles Lakers broadcaster Chick Hearn, has died. She was 98.
- Clippers send Lakers to 9th straight loss with 105-93 win Updated: Jan-30-16 2:10 am
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers are facing another month without Blake Griffin dominating inside. His absence has created nightly auditions for whoever wants to step up.
- Bulls top Lakers 114-91 in Pau's last Staples date with Kobe Updated: Jan-29-16 2:05 am
LOS ANGELES - During seven seasons together with the Lakers, Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant formed a bond that won't be broken by separation or retirement.
- Nowitzki's late jumper propels Mavericks past Lakers, 92-90 Updated: Jan-27-16 2:17 am
LOS ANGELES - After Dirk Nowitzki arched back and released the tiebreaking jumper, he glided back into the Los Angeles Lakers' bench area.
- Lakers' Scott: Fighting words on Instagram weren't from me Updated: Jan-26-16 10:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Lakers coach Byron Scott claims he didn't post a comment on his Instagram account apparently threatening to fight a fan.
- Lillard has 36 points and Blazers beat Lakers 121-103 Updated: Jan-24-16 2:06 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - While Damian Lillard was the star of Portland's victory over the Lakers, it was Kobe Bryant's night.
- Manu scores 20, Spurs spoil Kobe's 81-pt anniversary, 108-95 Updated: Jan-23-16 1:52 am
LOS ANGELES - Before tipoff, Manu Ginobili was unaware the San Antonio Spurs were facing the Lakers on the 10th anniversary of Kobe Bryant's 81-point performance.
- Kobe looks back 10 years after his "mystical" 81-point game Updated: Jan-21-16 6:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant remembers exactly what he had to eat in the 24 hours before he scored 81 points against the Toronto Raptors 10 years ago Friday.
- Cousins' 36 points lead Kings past Lakers again, 112-93 Updated: Jan-21-16 2:23 am
LOS ANGELES - DeMarcus Cousins is dominating every opponent in the Sacramento Kings' path during a remarkable January run that has coach George Karl calling him the best center in basketball.
- Curry stays atop NBA jersey list, Porzingis debuts at No. 4 Updated: Jan-20-16 11:47 am
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry is still on top in jersey sales and Kristaps Porzingis is already making a run at him.
- Forbes: Knicks worth $3 billion, NBA revenues at record high Updated: Jan-20-16 11:36 am
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks are worth $3 billion, highest in the NBA, according to Forbes.
- Dickerson, Everett see stars lining up for Rams in LA return Updated: Jan-18-16 7:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Eric Dickerson can't wait to take his two youngest children to their first Los Angeles Rams game this fall alongside the same fans who cheered him to the greatest single-season rushing performance in NFL history.
- Harden scores 31 as Rockets rout Lakers 112-95 Updated: Jan-18-16 1:23 am
LOS ANGELES - The Houston Rockets toyed with the Los Angeles Lakers in the first half before showing what they can do when they are motivated and working on all cylindars.
- Gobert posts double-double as Jazz defeat Lakers 109-82 Updated: Jan-17-16 12:27 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Rudy Gobert has officially knocked the rust off.
- Kobe passes torch, drops out of Rio Olympics consideration Updated: Jan-16-16 7:31 pm
MIAMI - Kobe Bryant is passing the Olympic torch.