- More business data breaches involving New Yorkers reported Updated: May-04-16 12:47 am
ALBANY, New York - Attorney General Eric Schneiderman (SHNEYE'-dur-muhn) says computer data breaches are "an escalating threat" to personal security.
- New York art collector to pay $7M to settle tax evasion case Updated: May-03-16 4:45 pm
NEW YORK - A prominent art collector and real estate developer has agreed to pay $7 million to settle allegations he failed to pay taxes on about $80 million worth of art, the state attorney general said Tuesday.
- NY criminal justice reforms credited with safety gains Updated: May-02-16 4:50 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's prisons hold one-third of the drug offenders they did before lawmakers began rolling back the stiff penalties imposed under Rockefeller-era drug laws, now sending more defendants to treatment programs, the state attorney general said Monday.
- Access to education a challenge for NY immigrants Updated: May-02-16 12:06 am
MINEOLA, New York - New York's attorney general says his office has forced nearly two dozen school districts in the state to address complaints that immigrant children were denied or delayed access to school, but an advocate for unaccompanied minors from Central America insists problems still exist.
- NY governor gives AG power to probe officer's fatal shooting Updated: May-01-16 11:12 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has gotten the go ahead to probe whether local law enforcers broke the law investigating a fatal shooting by a police officer.
- NY attorney general announces settlement with ticket brokers Updated: Apr-26-16 11:43 pm
NEW YORK - New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman on Tuesday announced a $2.76 million settlement with six ticket brokers as part of its investigation into the concert and sports ticketing industry.
- New York's fraud suit against Trump University moves forward Updated: Apr-26-16 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - New York state's fraud suit against Trump University is moving along.
- NY attorney general: 7 insurers cover hepatitis C treatment Updated: Apr-26-16 1:46 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general says seven insurers have agreed to cover expensive hepatitis C treatments before patients show advanced symptoms of the disease like liver scarring.
- Agreement signed for Harriet Tubman National Park in Auburn Updated: Apr-23-16 9:16 am
AUBURN, New York - A proposal to turn Harriet Tubman's upstate New York home into a National Historical Park is moving ahead days after it was announced that the abolitionist would be featured on the $20 bill.
- Walgreens to settle NY attorney general probe for $500,000 Updated: Apr-21-16 1:32 pm
Walgreens will pay $500,000 to settle the latest case of a company accused of duping New York consumers over prices.
- Election complaints in New York probed by attorney general Updated: Apr-20-16 6:11 pm
ALBANY, New York - The state attorney general opened an investigation Wednesday into New York City's Board of Elections and complaints about Tuesday's primaries mainly from would-be voters who were turned away.
- The Latest: Clinton picks up at least 135 delegates in NY Updated: Apr-20-16 12:08 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in New York cast their ballots in the state's primary (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- NY attorney general reports $217,000 in income Updated: Apr-18-16 4:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman (SHNEYE'-dur-muhn) has reported taxable income of $217,622 in his fifth year as the state's top lawyer.
- New York AG to staff hotline for primary day poll problems Updated: Apr-18-16 12:53 am
ALBANY, New York - New York primary voters will be able to report problems at the polls through a special hotline.
- NY attorney general sues insurer over hepatitis C treatment Updated: Apr-14-16 2:58 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has filed a lawsuit against an Albany-area health insurer that he says broke the law by denying coverage for expensive hepatitis C treatments until patients showed advanced symptoms of the disease such as moderate to severe liver scarring.