- Skeptics question proposed criminal sentences ballot measure Updated: Jan-28-16 5:37 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown's proposal to revamp California's criminal sentencing laws could have unintended consequences, skeptics said, even as it takes the next step in meeting a federal requirement for the state to reduce its prison population.
- The Latest: California governor proposes sentencing reforms Updated: Jan-27-16 6:59 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on Gov. Jerry Brown's proposal to reform sentencing (all times local):
- California eyes 1-drug executions amid debate Updated: Jan-22-16 5:33 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Californians face a watershed year as they prepare to decide whether to resume executions that stopped a decade ago or end them entirely.
- The Latest: Opponent says state risks botched executions Updated: Jan-22-16 2:10 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The latest on the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations hearing on California's proposed use of one lethal injection for executions (all times local):
- California prisons defend $3 billion budget drop from pledge Updated: Jan-20-16 9:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Federal judicial orders are mostly to blame for a $3 billion drop in the budget savings that California prison officials promised four years ago, corrections officials said Wednesday.