- Final vote on impeachment could come 3 days before Olympics Updated: May-27-16 12:55 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Rio de Janeiro Olympics have been upstaged by the impeachment of President Dilma Rousseff. And it could get worse.
- No eight for Australia at Rio Olympics, 1st time in 68 years Updated: May-25-16 2:19 am
SYDNEY - Australia won't have a men's eight crew in Olympic rowing for the first time in 68 years after failing to qualify for Rio de Janeiro at the final regatta in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- State TV says 14 Russians on list for 2008 Olympic doping Updated: May-24-16 3:16 pm
MOSCOW - Ten medalists from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, including 2012 high jump champion Anna Chicherova, were among 14 Russians that tested positive in the reanalysis of their doping samples, state television reported Tuesday.
- Brazilian health minister updates IOC on anti-Zika measures Updated: May-24-16 1:46 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Brazil's health minister briefed IOC officials Tuesday on the steps being taken to combat the Zika virus ahead of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- US drops Puerto Rico swim training over Zika Updated: May-20-16 9:46 am
ATLANTA - USA Swimming has moved a pre-Olympic training camp out of Puerto Rico because of the Zika virus.
- When weird things happen, Olympians rely on mental training Updated: May-20-16 2:28 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The divers were warming up, getting ready for the biggest moment in their lives when, out of nowhere, a man in a blue tutu rushed to the ladder, ran to the edge of the board and swan-dived into the pool.
- Female Power: US, China look to women for medals in Olympics Updated: May-19-16 2:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The United States and China are tipped to finish 1-2 in the medals table at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, and they'll rely heavily on female athletes to do it.
- Brazil bans Australian swim coach charged with sexual abuse Updated: May-18-16 12:08 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Brazilian Olympic Committee says an Australian swim coach, who faced sexual abuse charges in the 1980s, will not be a member of the host country's staff for the games.
- UN: Zika more worrying but Rio Olympics shouldn't be moved Updated: May-17-16 8:48 am
GENEVA - The World Health Organization's chief says the agency is increasingly concerned about the Zika virus, even though it does not recommend canceling or postponing the Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympics in hard-hit Brazil.
- NBA House: May be meeting point for ticketless Olympic fans Updated: May-17-16 12:39 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - For those fans who don't have Olympic tickets, or are around downtown Rio de Janeiro and don't want to trudge out to the Olympic Park in suburban Rio, the NBA is providing an alternative.
- Aussie athletes to receive condoms touted at combating Zika Updated: May-16-16 12:44 am
SYDNEY - Australian athletes at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro will be supplied with condoms which manufacturers say will offer "near complete" antiviral protection against the Zika virus.
- Ledecky settles for 3rd in 100 free at Atlanta Classic Updated: May-15-16 9:45 pm
ATLANTA - After a pair of dominating wins, Katie Ledecky finally met her match at the Atlanta Classic.
- Brazil's new defense minister says Rio Games first priority Updated: May-13-16 3:32 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's new defense minister says the Rio de Janeiro Olympics are his first priority.
- After political turmoil, Olympic organizers push on Updated: May-12-16 8:43 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The venues are, in the words of organizers, 99 percent ready. The torch is winding its way around the country in a three-month relay ending at the opening ceremony.
- Column: Playing Russian roulette with the Zika virus in Rio Updated: May-12-16 4:53 pm
The schedule was crowded to begin with, but here's another event for anyone traveling to Rio this summer for the Olympics: Russian roulette with the Zika virus.
- WHO to Rio Olympic visitors: Don't go to poor parts of city Updated: May-12-16 2:13 pm
LONDON - Athletes and visitors heading to the Rio de Janeiro Olympics should avoid poor and overcrowded parts of the city to minimize their chances of catching the Zika virus, The World Health Organization said Thursday.
- Finchem not concerned over 5 players skipping Olympics Updated: May-10-16 7:07 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem doesn't believe that five players skipping the Olympics will hurt golf's chances for staying on the program beyond 2020.
- IOC vice president Coates happy with Rio Games progress Updated: May-07-16 1:43 am
SYDNEY - Two years after John Coates called delayed preparations for the Rio de Janeiro Games "the worst I have experienced," the International Olympic Committee vice-president said Saturday that he's impressed with the progress organizers have made with 90 days until the games begin.
- Havelange turns 100 in Rio; plans to attend Olympics Updated: May-06-16 11:19 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Joao Havelange delivered an impassioned speech seven years ago in French, urging fellow International Olympic Committee members to choose Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Olympics.
- U.S women's coach Karch Kiraly to stay on for 2020 Olympics Updated: May-05-16 6:44 pm
In his short time running the women's national team, coach Karch Kiraly has established a close-knit, family culture among his players off the court that has led to hard-nosed, successful volleyball on it.
- Neymar and Oscar left out of Brazil's Copa America squad Updated: May-05-16 4:30 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Barcelona star Neymar and Chelsea midfielder Oscar have been left off Brazil's squad for the Copa America in the United States next month.
- Australia's Marc Leishman out of Rio Olympics consideration Updated: May-04-16 10:07 pm
Marc Leishman won't be playing golf for Australia at the Rio Olympics in August, citing concerns over the health of his family because of the mosquito-borne Zika virus.
- Andy Murray won't stay at Olympic Village at Rio Games Updated: May-03-16 8:26 pm
MADRID - Defending champion Andy Murray says he won't be living in the Olympic Village in Rio de Janeiro, preferring to stay at an apartment with the British tennis team.
- Rousseff lights Olympic flame as protesters hit the streets Updated: May-03-16 2:55 pm
BRASILIA, Brazil - Brazil's embattled President Dilma Rousseff ignited the Olympic flame on Tuesday, as a nationwide torch relay got underway with protests highlighting the country's deep political and economic crisis.
- Olympic flame set to arrive in Brazil for torch relay Updated: May-02-16 1:48 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Olympic flame is set to arrive in Brazil, kicking off a three-month torch relay around the country that will end at the Maracana stadium when the games open on Aug. 5.