- Canada routs Cuba in the Olympic qualifying tournament Updated: Sep-02-15 11:35 pm
MEXICO CITY - Nick Stauskas and Andrew Wiggins scored 15 points each in limited action and Canada routed Cuba 101-59 on Wednesday for its first victory in the Olympic qualifying tournament.
- Usain Bolt points to Rio with more gold in his hands Updated: Aug-30-15 5:05 pm
BEIJING - Hard as this is to believe, there were questions about Usain Bolt when the world championships first started.
- US men claim first USA Volleyball Cup win over Brazil Updated: Aug-27-15 1:12 am
LOS ANGELES - Taylor Sander's kill for match point sealed a 3-2 victory for the United States over top-ranked Brazil in the USA Volleyball Cup on Wednesday night.
- Silva casts off self-doubts to win pole vault gold at worlds Updated: Aug-26-15 1:08 pm
BEIJING - With a strange choice for background music blaring around the Bird's Nest, Yarisley Silva attempted to clear 5.01 meters in the pole vault shortly after winning her first gold medal at the world championships.
- Canada women beat Cuba, clinch Olympic basketball berth Updated: Aug-16-15 10:41 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Kia Nurse scored 20 points and Canada beat Cuba 82-66 on Sunday night in the gold-medal game of the FIBA Americas women's basketball championship to clinch a berth in the 2016 Olympics.
- World champs could preview names to watch in Rio Updated: Aug-14-15 12:02 pm
Hard as this is to believe, there was a time when no one knew of Usain Bolt.
- US men's basketball looks ready for Rio after minicamp Updated: Aug-14-15 2:32 am
LAS VEGAS - While many countries are still trying to qualify for the Olympics, the U.S. is already lining up guys to play.
- IOC heaps fulsome praise on Rio's Olympic preparations Updated: Aug-12-15 7:30 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The head of an IOC inspection team said Wednesday she expects Rio de Janeiro to "deliver outstanding Olympic Games" next year, lauding the "Olympic atmosphere and Olympic spirit" in Brazil's showcase city.
- AP names Tales Azzoni as Madrid sports writer Updated: Aug-11-15 7:05 pm
MADRID - Tales Azzoni, an AP sports writer in Sao Paulo, Brazil, has been appointed as the AP's sports reporter in Madrid, responsible for covering Spain and Portugal.
- Russia's new 'sports capital' has Olympic ambitions Updated: Aug-10-15 8:53 am
KAZAN, Russia - The city calling itself "Russia's sports capital" isn't Moscow, St. Petersburg or even last year's Winter Olympic host Sochi. Instead it's Kazan, a provincial city with global ambitions.
- Rio Olympics: 1 year away and mayor says all will be ready Updated: Aug-05-15 3:02 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Exactly one year ahead of the start of Rio de Janeiro's Olympics, Mayor Eduardo Paes said on Wednesday that all the venues are running on schedule and will be delivered in time for next year's games - a feat he compared to a "miracle."