- Nigeria president visits Cameroon to discuss militant threat Updated: Jul-29-15 11:28 am
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - The president of Nigeria made his first official state visit to neighboring Cameroon on Wednesday, as the two former enemies struggle to contain the mutual threat posed by Islamic militants carrying out suicide bombings across the region.
- Nigerian leader: Forces ready soon to take on Boko Haram Updated: Jul-21-15 2:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari said Tuesday a multinational African force will be in place within 10 days to take the fight to the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram that has killed thousands and was behind the abduction of hundreds of schoolgirls.
- Obama praises Nigerian leader for pursuing safety, security Updated: Jul-20-15 4:28 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama welcomed Nigeria's new president to the Oval Office on Monday and praised him for working to bring "safety, security and peace" to a nation challenged by economic strains, a history of corruption and violence unleashed by the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram.
- Boko Haram tops agenda for Nigerian leader meet with Obama Updated: Jul-19-15 9:43 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's new President Muhammadu Buhari travels to the United States on Sunday for a meeting with President Barack Obama to mend relations battered by his predecessor's failures to fight an Islamic uprising and corruption in Africa's biggest oil producer.
- French president talks Boko Haram in Cameroon Updated: Jul-03-15 4:49 pm
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - French President Francois Hollande promised intensified military cooperation with Cameroon in the fight against Boko Haram during a visit to the West African country on Friday.