- Family demands news of Nigerian girl who escaped Boko Haram Updated: Jun-23-16 6:24 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Even family haven't been able to see her. Nigeria's Bring Back Our Girls movement is demanding that the government provide news of the only Chibok schoolgirl among 219 kidnapped to escape the clutches of Boko Haram Islamic extremists.
- Aid group: 200 refugees die of starvation in Nigerian city Updated: Jun-22-16 3:28 pm
- UN, Nigeria agree to Cameroon's return of 80,000 refugees Updated: Jun-12-16 12:04 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria says it has agreed to Cameroon's voluntary return of 80,000 Nigerian refugees who have fled the Boko Haram Islamic insurgency.
- Dozens of Nigerian army officers fired over corruption Updated: Jun-11-16 9:14 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria is firing dozens of senior officers accused of corruption and the theft of billions of dollars meant to buy arms to fight the Boko Haram Islamic insurgency, the army and an officer privy to the list said Saturday.
- Niger, Chad to fight in Nigeria against Boko Haram Updated: Jun-10-16 10:26 am
NIAMEY, Niger - Niger's defense minister says his country and Chad will send troops to neighboring Nigeria to fight Boko Haram extremists.
- UN: Violations against children in conflict rose in 2015 Updated: Jun-03-16 12:43 am
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon expressed shock at the escalating recruitment and killing of children in conflicts last year - especially in Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Somalia and South Sudan.