- Braves held to 3 hits, routed 8-0 by Mets to end trip Updated: May-04-16 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - Jhoulys Chacin did something most of his teammates couldn't do: get a hit off Mets starter Steven Matz.
- Matz's arm, Duda's bat lead Mets to 8-0 rout of Braves Updated: May-04-16 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - With all his pitches working on a cold, drizzly afternoon, Steven Matz didn't waste any time.
- Braves' Markakis misses game because of family emergency Updated: May-04-16 11:52 am
NEW YORK - Braves right fielder Nick Markakis has left the team because of a family emergency, manager Fredi Gonzalez said before Wednesday afternoon's game against the Mets.
- Harvey falters again, Mets get 1 hit in 3-0 loss to Braves Updated: May-04-16 12:38 am
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey can't seem to find that groove this season. The smooth delivery, those overpowering pitches.
- Gordon's suspension defies PED stereotypes Updated: May-02-16 10:01 pm
Dee Gordon's suspension was another reminder of an issue that may never totally go away: performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs, 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon liked how his major league-leading Chicago Cubs rallied yet again. Yet one mistake stood out.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:06 pm
CHICAGO - A gaffe by the front office left the Atlanta Braves a player short. The bullpen blew a lead and Julio Teheran's great outing was seemingly wasted.
- Oops: Braves' transaction miscue leaves them short a player Updated: May-01-16 1:34 pm
- Rain postpones Braves-Cubs; Maddon says bullpen a priority Updated: Apr-30-16 2:47 pm
CHICAGO - If there's any question about his first-place team, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon says it has to do with its untested relief corps.
- MRI reveals minor right ankle sprain for Cubs' Kris Bryant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:34 pm
CHICAGO - An MRI has confirmed that Kris Bryant of the Chicago Cubs has a minor right ankle sprain.
- Buchholz, Red Sox struggle in 5-3 loss to Braves Updated: Apr-29-16 12:31 am
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz struggled with his control when he needed it most and his teammates' timing wasn't much better.
- Braves end 8-game slide, beat Red Sox 5-3 behind Markakis Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
BOSTON - Atlanta hitters got to Clay Buchholz early and never let up as the Braves pieced together a rare victory.
- Angels lose Street, but complete sweep of Royals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels lost closer Huston Street because of a pregame injury, and that put a damper on their three-game sweep of the defending World Series champions.
- Braves' HR drought ends, losing streak doesn't in 9-4 loss Updated: Apr-27-16 11:54 pm
BOSTON - The power-starved Atlanta Braves finally hit one out. Now, they've just got to find a way to start winning some games again.
- Losses mount as Braves' home-run drought reaches 15 games Updated: Apr-27-16 2:24 am
ATLANTA - The message in the Braves clubhouse Tuesday night added a fitting final insult to a dismal homestand:
- David Price fans 14 as Red Sox embarrass Braves, 11-4 Updated: Apr-26-16 10:54 pm
ATLANTA - David Price had a simple summary of his domination of the overmatched Atlanta Braves.
- DeGrom makes successful return, Mets sweep Braves Updated: Apr-24-16 6:16 pm
ATLANTA - Back on the mound, Jacob deGrom was back in control.
- DeGrom returns to Mets after infant son's health scare Updated: Apr-23-16 6:19 pm
ATLANTA - Jacob deGrom returned to the New York Mets on Saturday and says all is well with his infant son, Jaxon, following a scare the pitcher revealed was a breathing problem.
- Gibson replaces injured Kellogg on Mets-Braves umpire crew Updated: Apr-23-16 3:41 pm
- Braves say don't call error on Turner Field's infield yet Updated: Apr-22-16 7:14 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves say it's too early to judge the condition of the playing field at Turner Field, which holds a big early lead for having the most errors for any stadium in the majors.
- Blue Jays sign OF Michael Bourn to minor league contract Updated: Apr-22-16 6:06 pm
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays have signed free agent outfielder Michael Bourn to a minor league contract and will send him to extended spring training.
- Grandal's double in 10th gives Dodgers 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Apr-21-16 5:23 pm
ATLANTA - Clayton Kershaw didn't have his best stuff. Even tried a blooper pitch.
- Dodgers call up LHP Avilan to replace RHP Coleman Updated: Apr-21-16 11:31 am
- Study: MLB teams could do better hiring minorities, women Updated: Apr-20-16 11:44 am
Major League Baseball teams could do a better job of hiring minority candidates for managing and GM posts or women for VP and other administrative positions, according to an annual report released Wednesday.
- Family of man killed in Turner Field fall sues Braves, MLB Updated: Apr-20-16 5:46 am