- Rauner, lawmakers focus on smaller projects in budget mess Updated: Aug-25-15 8:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois legislators and Gov. Bruce Rauner bickered over potholes, airplanes and other smaller-ticket items Tuesday as officials prepared to answer a contempt charge in federal court alleging the cash-strapped state missed a deadline to pay some service providers.
- Rauner says Democrats trying to 'claw their way' to tax hike Updated: Aug-25-15 6:20 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner's office says lawmakers' plan to restore cuts to child care services shows Democrats' resolve to "claw their way to a massive tax hike."
- The Latest on Springfield: Senate OKs college grant funding Updated: Aug-19-15 8:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on activities in Springfield as Gov. Bruce Rauner spends Governor's Day at the Illinois State Fair and action by the Senate on legislation, including overriding several Rauner vetoes:
- Rauner on union-strike veto: 'Let me do my job' Updated: Aug-18-15 7:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Imploring them to "let me do my job," Gov. Bruce Rauner asked Illinois lawmakers Tuesday not to undo his veto of a measure authorizing an unelected arbitrator to decide a potential labor-negotiation stalemate.
- Illinois Dems push to fund state grants for college students Updated: Aug-16-15 5:08 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Senate Democrats are pushing to fund grants for Illinois college students even though the state doesn't have a budget in place.
- Gov. Rauner signs lawmakers' rejected pay hike Updated: Aug-13-15 5:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner has signed a law barring Illinois lawmakers from receiving a pay raise this year.
- Non-binding vote says no to closing Illinois state museum Updated: Aug-05-15 12:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A bipartisan legislative commission has rejected Illinois Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner's proposal to close two state facilities.
- Rauner signs bill regarding student concussions Updated: Aug-03-15 2:48 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner has approved a measure requiring students who suffer a concussion to get permission from a doctor or trainer before they may fully return to class or sports.
- Illinois state Sen. Tom Cullerton won't run for Congress Updated: Jul-30-15 11:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois state Sen. Tom Cullerton says he's decided not to run for Congress to replace Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth.
- Rauner vetoes strike and lockout ban as union OKs extension Updated: Jul-29-15 7:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Even as Illinois and the union that represents most of its employees agreed to a short-term deal Wednesday to keep workers on the job through contract negotiations, Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoed union-backed legislation that would have blocked strikes and lockouts.
- Rauner signs bill to allow hiring preference for veterans Updated: Jul-29-15 5:23 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Private employers in Illinois can now give preference to veterans when hiring new workers.