- Illinois Senate to get 2 new members to fill vacancies Updated: Oct-05-15 10:40 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Two lawmakers are set to be sworn in to fill vacancies in the Illinois Senate.
- Spending bill advances, Chicago tax plan criticized Updated: Sep-24-15 5:21 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois House committee on Thursday passed a plan that would finance at least some of the state services not being paid for during the state budget stalemate - emergency food assistance, mental health and other social services as well as prizes for big lottery winners. But Gov. Bruce Rauner has said he'll veto the bill.
- Illinois House committee OKs $3.8B human services bill Updated: Sep-24-15 2:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois House committee has passed a plan to pay for emergency food assistance, mental health and other services during the state budget stalemate.
- Applications available to replace LaHood in Illinois Senate Updated: Sep-24-15 8:28 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Applications are available to replace Darin LaHood in the Illinois Legislature.
- Rauner warns he will veto $3.8B stopgap spending bill Updated: Sep-22-15 11:26 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner's office is warning lawmakers that the Republican will veto a $3.8 billion spending bill pending in the Illinois House.
- State fires Illinois Lottery manager Northstar after report Updated: Sep-18-15 6:55 pm
CHICAGO - The state of Illinois reached an agreement to terminate the contract of Northstar Lottery Group, the private company managing the state's lottery, the governor's office said Friday.
- Illinois lawmaker seeks to restore death penalty Updated: Sep-12-15 4:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A lawmaker from southwestern Illinois is pushing to restore the death penalty in certain cases, including when police officers are killed.
- GOP lawmakers pitch new plan to trim Illinois pension debt Updated: Sep-10-15 5:13 pm
CHICAGO - Republican lawmakers are pitching a new idea they say could make a small dent in Illinois' worst-in-the-nation pension debt at a time when the state has few remaining options for dealing with the multibillion-dollar problem.
- Illinois Senate rejects Rauner's veto of anti-heroin bill Updated: Sep-09-15 7:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Senate Democrats bucked Gov. Bruce Rauner's veto Wednesday in instituting a law to fight heroin abuse in Illinois, but ran into predictable Republican derision when they approved spending $3.8 billion to fund a variety of programs from breast cancer screenings to lottery prizes.
- Hearing on consent decrees delves into budget blame Updated: Sep-08-15 3:08 pm
CHICAGO - An Illinois Senate hearing on payments to social service providers through court orders has delved more into finger pointing over why there isn't a state budget.