- Illinois state Sen. Tom Cullerton won't run for Congress Updated: Jul-30-15 11:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois state Sen. Tom Cullerton says he's decided not to run for Congress to replace Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth.
- Rauner vetoes strike and lockout ban as union OKs extension Updated: Jul-29-15 7:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Even as Illinois and the union that represents most of its employees agreed to a short-term deal Wednesday to keep workers on the job through contract negotiations, Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoed union-backed legislation that would have blocked strikes and lockouts.
- Rauner signs bill to allow hiring preference for veterans Updated: Jul-29-15 5:23 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Private employers in Illinois can now give preference to veterans when hiring new workers.
- Rauner praises House vote to block lawmaker pay raise Updated: Jul-28-15 6:55 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Members of the Illinois House voted Tuesday to block a pay raise for themselves and senators that has become a flashpoint in the state's budget stalemate.
- Rauner signs bill broadening eligibility for food stamps Updated: Jul-28-15 3:47 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - More Illinois families will be able to receive federal food stamps under expanded eligibility signed into law by Gov. Bruce Rauner.
- Timeline of compensation for Illinois General Assembly Updated: Jul-26-15 11:16 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A timeline of the compensation for members of the Illinois General Assembly:
- Closer Look: Lawmaker pay, a firestorm for years, lit again Updated: Jul-26-15 11:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are anxious about an automatic 2 percent salary increase they receive this month despite a budget crisis.
- Illinois lawmakers seek federal flood relief for farmers Updated: Jul-25-15 4:08 am
CHICAGO - Members of Illinois' congressional delegation are asking President Barack Obama to approve federal disaster relief for farmers hit by severe flooding.
- Mayor Emanuel names ex-Madigan aide as chief of staff Updated: Jul-23-15 3:55 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has named a business executive and former top aide to Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan to be his next chief of staff.
- Cullerton says time to hit 'reset' on state budget talks Updated: Jul-22-15 1:40 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says it's time to hit "reset" on state budget talks
- Lawmakers consider naming highway for White Sox star Thome Updated: Jul-22-15 11:24 am
PEORIA, Illinois - The Illinois House has passed a resolution to rename part of U.S. Route 24 in central Illinois after retired Chicago White Sox star Jim Thome (TOH'-mee).
- A timeline of Blagojevich's career, legal battles Updated: Jul-21-15 7:50 pm
CHICAGO - Highlights from imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's political career and legal saga:
- Illinois Senate panel holds hearing on higher education pay Updated: Jul-20-15 6:11 pm
CHICAGO - From tracking administrator pay to professional development for board members, a state Senate panel heard testimony Monday on legislation proposed in the wake of questionable spending, investment and severance practices at a suburban Chicago community college.
- Rauner OKs ending mandatory life sentences for juveniles Updated: Jul-20-15 3:35 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner has signed legislation to end mandatory sentences of life without parole for juveniles.
- New legislation clarifies Illinois' concealed-carry law Updated: Jul-20-15 2:25 pm
DEKALB, Illinois - Legislation took effect earlier this month to clarify ambiguities in Illinois' concealed-carry law, focusing on areas including privacy, mental illness and dealing with law enforcement.
- Illinois House takes no action on additional appropriation Updated: Jul-15-15 6:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on the last day of lawmakers' deadline to override Gov. Bruce Rauner's budget veto. (All times local):
- Gov. Rauner's pension plan under scrutiny in House panel Updated: Jul-15-15 2:56 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois House panel is raising questions about constitutionality and collective bargaining rights outlined in a pension overhaul proposed by Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner.
- Illinois Senate to vote on temporary budget, Rauner opposed Updated: Jul-14-15 4:36 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois Senate committee has endorsed a one-month state budget plan that includes full salaries for state employees in July.
- New law gives waives license plate fees for combat veterans Updated: Jul-12-15 5:07 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Combat veterans returning from active duty will qualify for free Illinois license plates under legislation signed by Gov. Bruce Rauner.
- Governor sent bill on Illinois community college severance Updated: Jul-09-15 1:23 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois General Assembly has approved restricting severance packages for prematurely departing community college employees to no more than a year's pay and benefits.
- Illinois honors victims of Charleston church shootings Updated: Jul-04-15 4:07 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois is honoring the nine victims of last month's shooting at a historic black church.
- Bill would allow cameras in Illinois nursing homes Updated: Jul-03-15 5:08 pm
QUINCY, Illinois - Illinois would become the fourth state in the U.S. to allow video and audio monitoring devices in nursing homes if Gov. Bruce Rauner signs legislation approved by the General Assembly.