- US, Cuba leaders meet for 2nd time in this year Updated: Sep-29-15 1:49 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Making good on a pledge to change U.S. posture toward Cuba, President Barack Obama held talks Tuesday with Cuban President Raul Castro, the second time the leaders of the once-estranged nations have met this year.
- 6 historic moments at the UN General Assembly Updated: Sep-28-15 1:57 am
UNITED NATIONS - Khrushchev pounds the table with his shoe. Castro speaks for hours. Gadhafi tears up the U.N. charter. As the United Nations marks its 70th anniversary and world leaders gather in New York on Monday for the U.N. General Assembly's annual ministerial meeting, here's a look back at six memorable moments from past sessions:
- New York City mayor meets with Cuban President Castro Updated: Sep-26-15 8:36 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (dih BLAH'-zee-oh) has met with Cuban President Raul Castro.
- US Chamber starts group to boost Cuba business opportunities Updated: Sep-25-15 5:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Amid a surge in interest in U.S. investment opportunities in Cuba, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced Friday it is launching a council aimed at removing trade barriers and improving business ties between both countries.
- NY Gov. Cuomo, Cuban President Castro talk economic ties Updated: Sep-25-15 4:22 pm
NEW YORK - New York's governor and the president of Cuba have met to discuss economic development as relations between the Caribbean nation and the U.S. continue to thaw.
- The Latest: Pope Francis settles in for first night in US Updated: Sep-22-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments in Pope Francis' visit to the United States. All times local:
- Obama, Raul Castro speak ahead of pope's visit to US, Cuba Updated: Sep-18-15 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro had a rare phone call Friday ahead of Pope Francis' impending visit to both their nations.
- Cuba's Raul Castro to address UN global gathering this month Updated: Sep-15-15 1:04 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Raul Castro is expected to address the annual U.N. gathering of world leaders later this month for the first time.