- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:09 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany coach Joachim Loew called up Liverpool midfielder Emre Can on Friday for the upcoming European Championship qualifying matches against Poland and Scotland.
- Leverkusen signs Kevin Kampl from Dortmund Updated: Aug-28-15 6:35 am
- Bayern, Leverkusen clash; Dortmund leading Bundesliga Updated: Aug-27-15 7:56 am
BERLIN - After perfect starts, something has to give when Bayern Munich hosts Bayer Leverkusen for the first Bundesliga clash of the season among Champions League participants. Borussia Dortmund, currently leading on goal difference after two league games, hosts Hertha Berlin, while Borussia Moenchengladbach aims to avoid its third straight defeat at the other end of the table. Here are some things to know about the third round of games:
- Manchester City, Pedro Rodriguez lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Aug-25-15 11:42 am
LONDON - Manchester City is top of the first Associated Press Global Football 10 of the new season and Pedro Rodriguez is the leading player after scoring on his Chelsea debut.
- Barcelona opens with win in Spain; Chelsea rebounds Updated: Aug-23-15 7:33 pm
Luis Suarez helped Barcelona open its Spanish title defense with a 1-0 win over Athletic Bilbao on Sunday, while former Barca forward Pedro Rodriguez made a great start with Chelsea by scoring one goal and setting up another in a 3-2 win against West Bromwich Albion.