- Sentencing continues for case related to troopers' deaths Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The sentencing hearing for a man convicted of evidence tampering in the deaths of two Alaska State Troopers will be continued next week.
- Philadelphia-area bridge reopening after sinkhole damage Updated: Aug-27-15 10:02 am
PLYMOUTH MEETING, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia bridge is set to reopen months after it was heavily damaged by sinkholes.
- Pennsylvania attorney general links adversaries, conspiracy Updated: Aug-27-15 1:35 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's embattled attorney general got part of what she wanted when court officials unsealed papers in which she accuses two former state prosecutors of concocting the criminal case against her because she was threatening to reveal their proclivity for pornography.
- The Latest: Philly DA reviews employees' role in pornography emails Updated: Aug-26-15 6:19 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The latest on grand jury documents being unsealed related to the investigation against Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane (all times local):
- Document: Kane received sensitive emails on personal account Updated: Aug-26-15 5:22 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's top prosecutor received sensitive emails from aides about news coverage of her office on personal accounts, preventing investigators from seeing many of her responses, according to a document obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press.
- Police: Man shot on I-376 involved in $17,000 heroin dispute Updated: Aug-26-15 12:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pennsylvania State Police say a man fatally shot in a car driving on Interstate 376 in Pittsburgh was arguing with the accused gunman over $17,000 worth of heroin money.
- House defeats GOP bid to override parts of Wolf budget veto Updated: Aug-25-15 8:41 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's budget impasse remained firmly in place Tuesday after the Republican majority failed during hours of debate to persuade Democrats in a series of 14 votes to override any portion of Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf's budget veto.
- Kane won't suspend aide who is charged along with her Updated: Aug-25-15 5:37 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane will not suspend a senior aide who is charged with illegally trying to monitor a criminal investigation into her, her spokesman said Tuesday.
- Pennsylvania's attorney general is ordered to stand trial Updated: Aug-24-15 8:55 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - The state's attorney general on Monday was ordered to stand trial on charges she leaked secret grand jury information to embarrass a rival prosecutor.
- The Latest: State's top prosecutor ordered to stand trial Updated: Aug-24-15 5:38 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - The latest from the preliminary hearing for Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane (all times local):
- Kane's legal woes stoke interest in 2016 election Updated: Aug-22-15 12:55 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Candidates for Pennsylvania attorney general are lining up for the 2016 ballot without knowing whether they'll be running against embattled Democratic incumbent Kathleen Kane or for a vacant seat.
- Police: Man charged in store robbery confessed to 13 more Updated: Aug-21-15 9:53 am
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania State Police say a man jailed on charges he robbed a convenience store has confessed to 13 similar heists, all to feed his heroin habit.
- Lawmakers see own funds dwindle in Pennsylvania budget fight Updated: Aug-20-15 7:49 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The country's largest full-time Legislature will soon have to decide where it will get the money to pay thousands of employees and other costs as its surplus, once more than $200 million, is rapidly dwindling amid Pennsylvania's budget crisis.
- Pennsylvania high court agrees to consider Veon's appeal Updated: Aug-20-15 6:26 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The state Supreme Court agreed on Thursday to consider former state Rep. Michael Veon's appeal in a legislative corruption case.
- 2nd lawmaker declares bid for top Pennsylvania prosecutor Updated: Aug-20-15 1:25 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A third-term state representative from the Philadelphia suburbs is declaring his candidacy for Pennsylvania attorney general.
- Supreme Court suspends license of ex-judge who stole cocaine Updated: Aug-20-15 8:59 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court says the law license of a former Common Pleas judge who stole cocaine from evidence packages will be temporarily suspended.
- Ethics complaint filed against Pennsylvania attorney general Updated: Aug-18-15 3:46 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A citizen activist filed an ethics complaint Tuesday against the state's attorney general, accusing her of creating a conflict of interest by using government resources while she fights criminal charges.
- Attorney general aide facing suspension still 'under review' Updated: Aug-14-15 4:41 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Attorney General's office says it's still reviewing the status of a top aide who faces suspension after being charged with snooping on emails to help his boss keep tabs on a grand jury investigation.
- Excerpts from AG Kane's statement on charges against her Updated: Aug-12-15 6:26 pm
Highlights from statement issued Wednesday by Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane, who has been charged with perjury, conspiracy and other counts for allegedly leaking secret grand jury information to embarrass a critic, and lying about it under oath.
- Democrats win 3 vacancies in Pennsylvania House Updated: Aug-11-15 11:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Three Philadelphia Democrats have won state House seats in special elections.
- Attorney general's aide pleads not guilty to email snooping Updated: Aug-11-15 6:32 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A former small-town police chief who became one of Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane's closest confidants pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a charge he snooped on emails to help her keep tabs on a grand jury investigation that has threatened to end her career.
- Rendell chairing Katie McGinty's run for Senate nomination Updated: Aug-11-15 7:13 am
PHILADELPHIA - Former Gov. Ed Rendell is chairing Katie McGinty's campaign for the Democratic nomination to challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey next year.
- Wolf taps Marcus Brown as homeland security chief Updated: Aug-06-15 5:05 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Marcus Brown, whose nomination to lead the Pennsylvania State Police was blocked by the Senate, is being appointed as the state's homeland security director, Gov. Tom Wolf said Thursday.
- State law lays out succession process if Kane steps down Updated: Aug-06-15 2:14 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - State Attorney General Kathleen Kane says she will not resign while criminal charges against her are pending but, if she changes her mind, the process of choosing a successor is spelled out clearly in state law.
- Pennsylvania man waives hearing in fake DUI checkpoint case Updated: Aug-05-15 11:01 am
SOMERSET, Pennsylvania - A man charged with setting up a fake drunken-driving checkpoint while pretending to be a Pennsylvania state trooper must now stand trial.