- Saints preseason clouded by injuries to key veterans Updated: Sep-01-15 11:02 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints coach Sean Payton is willing to concede that New Orleans' preseason hasn't been ideal as far as creating cohesion among projected regulars.
- Saints place Spencer on injured reserve, trim roster to 75 Updated: Sep-01-15 9:05 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Saints placed veteran linebacker Anthony Spencer on injured reserve while meeting an NFL requirement for rosters to be trimmed to 75 by Tuesday afternoon.
- Agent: Saints trade Saunders to Patriots for draft pick Updated: Sep-01-15 1:42 pm
- Texans take preseason win over Saints 27-13 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Brian Hoyer sounded pleased about his first game as the Houston Texans' designated starter.
- Benson adds $522M to Saints-Pelicans ownership swap Updated: Aug-30-15 7:42 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The owner of New Orleans' national football and basketball teams has added $522 million in promissory notes to his former heirs' trust funds to try to get back the trusts' nonvoting shares in the Saints and Pelicans.
- Saints testing potential of ex-basketball player Manhertz Updated: Aug-28-15 7:05 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton couldn't resist trying out another former college basketball player at tight end.
- Longtime Saints recall the team's role in Katrina recovery Updated: Aug-27-15 6:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Coming off a career-threatening injury, Drew Brees had little choice but to sign with a downtrodden franchise in a disaster zone. Sean Payton became coach of the Saints only after being passed over for the job he really wanted in Green Bay.
- Saints seeking to ramp up pass rush as regular season nears Updated: Aug-27-15 5:14 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Sack-less through two preseason games, the New Orleans Saints have ratcheted up concerns about their lack of a pass rush this week.
- Patriots look for improvement in 3rd preseason game Updated: Aug-26-15 5:08 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Bill Belichick is looking for some major improvement from the New England Patriots as they head to Carolina for Friday night's third preseason game.
- Saints' Cooks dominates early, Patriots rally for 26-24 win Updated: Aug-23-15 12:54 am
NEW ORLEANS - Saints receiver Brandin Cooks looks ready to fulfill the promise he showed as a rookie last season before smashing his hand on a helmet.
- Saints receivers, Patriots defensive backs tested each other Updated: Aug-21-15 1:26 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler appreciated the chance to spend a couple days being tested at practice by record-setting quarterback Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints' offense, even if there were moments when last season's Super Bowl hero got the worst of his matchup.
- Silent Brady stands out at joint Patriots-Saints practices Updated: Aug-20-15 5:30 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tom Brady's media blackout, purportedly on advice of lawyers handling the legal challenge to his "Deflategate" suspension, has left him unavailable to even discuss how the New England Patriots look on the football field.
- Patriots, Saints express mutual admiration at joint practice Updated: Aug-19-15 7:12 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The kinship between Bill Belichick and Sean Payton is apparent in the way they compliment each other, as well as the subjects they'd rather not discuss.
- Tall target Coleman emerging in Saints' receiving corps Updated: Aug-18-15 5:47 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Through the first few weeks of his second NFL training camp, the only thing Brandon Coleman has had to apologize for is pretending to be Saints all-time leading receiver Marques Colston.
- Lawsuit: Saints' defensive coordinator's house sinking Updated: Aug-18-15 9:48 am
NEW ORLEANS - A lawsuit claims the newly constructed $2 million Uptown home of Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is sinking.
- Saints' Payton eager to see more of Murphy in return game Updated: Aug-16-15 4:48 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Marcus Murphy, who was the last of the Saints' nine 2015 draft picks, is showing the potential to emerge as one of their top kick and punt returners in his rookie season.
- Saints' Payton downplays shuffling caused by injuries Updated: Aug-15-15 9:09 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - When the New Orleans Saints' defense lined up in a five-defensive back formation during practice Saturday night, one of the first-team cornerbacks was second-year pro Stanley Jean-Baptiste and the nickel back was fifth-round draft choice Damian Swann.
- Pelicans, like Saints, decide to train at Greenbrier Updated: Aug-15-15 8:23 pm
- 'Next Gen Stats' offer new insights for NFL fans and coaches Updated: Aug-14-15 5:47 pm
DETROIT - As Richard Sherman sprints side-by-side with Calvin Johnson, who is running faster? When Luke Kuechly collides with DeMarco Murray, who has more momentum? And which NFL players run slower in the fourth quarter than they did at the start of the game?
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27 Updated: Aug-13-15 11:56 pm
- Steelers sign kicker Hartley to replace injured Suisham Updated: Aug-11-15 6:56 pm
LATROBE, Pennsylvania - The Pittsburgh Steelers replaced the most accurate kicker in team history with a former Super Bowl champion.
- Revamped Saints secondary showing potential to improve Updated: Aug-11-15 5:48 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SRPINGS, West Virginia - Saints cornerback Keenan Lewis launched himself horizontally across the front of receiver Nick Toon, nearly intercepting Drew Brees' pass at the goal line before the ball fell incomplete.
- New Saints center Unger seeing change in an optimistic light Updated: Aug-10-15 5:46 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Saints center Max Unger was never going to be happy about being traded away from Super Bowl-contending Seattle, where he'd made good friends and become an established leader during his first six NFL seasons.
- As camp progresses, Saints' Breaux closes in on NFL dream Updated: Aug-09-15 9:35 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Training camp hardly seems like work to first-year Saints cornerback Delvin Breaux.
- Saints scrimmage indicates Watson, Colston still productive Updated: Aug-07-15 4:44 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tight end Ben Watson and receiver Marques Colston looked more like enduring playmakers running downhill than aging veterans in decline.