- Saints' top draft choice Peat in line for first start Updated: Oct-09-15 6:02 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Saints left tackle Terron Armstead has been ruled out for Sunday's game at Philadelphia, opening the way for the club's top draft pick, Andrus Peat, to make his first NFL start.
- Jenkins, Sproles set to face former teammates Updated: Oct-09-15 3:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - After helping the New Orleans Saints knock Philadelphia out of the playoffs two years ago, Malcolm Jenkins and Darren Sproles joined the Eagles.
- Saints rookie LB Kikaha riding wave of early success Updated: Oct-08-15 7:21 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints rookie linebacker Hau'oli Kikaha's inexperience may have been most obvious after his third sack of the season, when he tried to pay homage to his upbringing in Hawaii with a celebration meant to look like a surfer catching a wave.
- Struggling Saints gaining hope from return of key veterans Updated: Oct-07-15 7:24 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees made an unusual request on Wednesday, asking Saints coaches and trainers to leave his name off of the club's first required injury report of Week 5.
- Cowboys reeling without Romo, Bryant; Patriots are next Updated: Oct-05-15 8:40 pm
IRVING, Texas - Already 0-2 without injured stars Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, Dallas must move on without the versatility of running back Lance Dunbar because of a season-ending knee injury.
- Victory gives Saints hope, though flaws remain exposed Updated: Oct-05-15 7:24 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints feel a lot better about themselves after securing their first victory of this season, but they know they still face an uphill battle to climb into playoff contention.
- Hicks' long journey lands him with Patriots Updated: Oct-05-15 6:52 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Akiem Hicks' long and winding road has brought him to the undefeated New England Patriots.
- Spiller emerges in Saints' 26-20 OT win over Cowboys Updated: Oct-05-15 7:24 am
NEW ORLEANS - Running back C.J. Spiller came to New Orleans as a free agent this past offseason figuring that his speed and versatility would make him an ideal fit for coach Sean Payton's offense.
- Saints coach Payton expects QB Brees to start vs Cowboys Updated: Oct-02-15 5:14 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees is expected to return as starter for New Orleans against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night in the Superdome, Saints coach Sean Payton said Friday.
- Saints' Murphy eager to build maiden TD vs. Cowboys Updated: Oct-01-15 8:50 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints punt and kick return specialist Marcus Murphy had done his research, and wasn't about to fall victim to self-doubt after dropping to the seventh round last spring in the NFL draft.
- Saints trade DT Hicks to Patriots for TE Hoomanawanui Updated: Sep-30-15 8:55 pm
- Police close probe of Jordan incident at club charges Updated: Sep-30-15 7:33 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Police say they've concluded an investigation of a night club incident involving New Orleans Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan and do not plan to file any charges "at this time."
- Saints say close results in 0-3 start leave reason for hope Updated: Sep-28-15 7:41 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro hears the panic in the voices of football fans in and around New Orleans.
- Panthers, Saints headed different ways after 3 games Updated: Sep-28-15 2:36 am
- ICYMI in NFL's Week 3: Sacks low, but QB injuries mounting Updated: Sep-28-15 2:35 am
Especially in this fantasy-fueled age, the NFL knows its product is at its most popular when face-of-the-franchise quarterbacks are throwing for gobs of yards and TD after TD.
- Saints lose to Panthers, fall 3 games back in NFC South Updated: Sep-27-15 8:04 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - New Orleans return specialist Marcus Murphy believes the Saints are close to getting their first win of the season.
- Drew Brees, DeMarco Murray, Luke Kuechly all inactive Updated: Sep-27-15 7:28 pm
Drew Brees, DeMarco Murray and Luke Kuechly are among the inactives for Sunday's NFL games.
- Newton's 3 TDs lead Panthers past Saints 27-22 Updated: Sep-27-15 7:20 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton has the Carolina Panthers off to a perfect start.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Saints QB Brees to miss Sunday's game at Carolina Updated: Sep-25-15 5:58 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees will be sidelined for New Orleans' game at Carolina on Sunday, when the Saints will try to avoid falling to 0-3.
- McCown primed for 'chance to shine' if Brees can't play Updated: Sep-24-15 8:35 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Playing light-heartedly off his recent national television commercial, Saints backup quarterback Luke McCown says he's prepared for his "chance to shine" if starter Drew Brees cannot play at Carolina on Sunday.
- Saints QB Brees confident he'll be able to play vs. Panthers Updated: Sep-23-15 9:43 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints quarterback Drew Brees took the field wearing his usual red No. 9 practice jersey with shoulder pads on underneath.
- Hail to the Redskins! The new team to beat in NFC East Updated: Sep-22-15 2:30 am
Hail to the Redskins! Hail (one) Victory!
- Bucs defense steps up after disappointing start to season Updated: Sep-21-15 7:23 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Jacquies Smith stood in front of his locker, a bit reluctant to talk about his role in helping the Tampa Bay Buccaneers get their season on track.
- Buccaneers, Winston, hold off sloppy Saints, 26-19 Updated: Sep-21-15 3:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - Tampa Bay rookie Jameis Winston began to show more of the promise expected from a top overall draft choice.