- Arizona lowers speed limit on dusty stretch of I-10 Updated: May-02-16 3:35 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona officials are asking drivers to slow down on a highway near the New Mexico border after dust storms caused several car crashes.
- State Supreme Court considers rules for closed courtrooms Updated: May-02-16 10:22 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court is considering a rule to help trial judges decide when to close a courtroom to the public.
- State Police: Espanola driver arrested for DWI for 10th time Updated: Apr-27-16 8:09 pm
ESPANOLA, New Mexico - Authorities say an Espanola man has been arrested for DWI for the 10th time.
- Hot-potato corruption case assigned to Albuquerque judge Updated: Apr-26-16 2:43 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Republican district court judge from Albuquerque has been appointed to oversee criminal proceedings against former Sen. Phil Griego after nine Santa Fe-based judges stepped aside or were excused.
- Gov. Martinez welcomes election attention for New Mexico Updated: Apr-26-16 6:03 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Republican Gov. Susana Martinez says she welcomes the attention New Mexico will get when the GOP presidential candidates begin campaigning in the state.
- Whistleblowers fight effort to settle pay-to-play claims Updated: Apr-25-16 11:45 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Whistleblowers held tight to their claims on behalf of New Mexico taxpayers in a pay-to-play scandal during the administration of former Gov. Bill Richardson, at a state district court hearing Monday in Albuquerque.
- The Latest: No resolution in New Mexico pay-to-play deal Updated: Apr-25-16 8:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on New Mexico's settlement offer in a pay-to-play scandal under former Gov. Bill Richardson (all times local):
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Socorro Updated: Apr-24-16 11:41 am
SOCORRO, New Mexico - New Mexico State Police say one person was killed and another injured when a motorcycle crashed in Socorro County.
- Off-duty Silver City police captain kills girlfriend, self Updated: Apr-22-16 6:10 pm
SILVER CITY, New Mexico - Authorities say an off-duty Silver City police captain shot and killed his estranged girlfriend before taking his own life.
- Motorcyclist killed while riding between side-by-side semis Updated: Apr-22-16 1:59 pm
DEMING, New Mexico - Authorities say a motorcyclist was fatally injured when he lost control of his bike while riding between two tractor-trailer rigs traveling side by side on a southern New Mexico highway.
- New Mexico lawmakers challenge feds over rare mouse Updated: Apr-21-16 5:34 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Nearly half of New Mexico's Legislature is stepping into the fray between ranchers and the federal government over the fencing of watering holes on national forest land to protect an endangered mouse found in three Western states.
- The Latest: Clinton picks up at least 135 delegates in NY Updated: Apr-20-16 12:08 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in New York cast their ballots in the state's primary (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- 4 injured in crash after driver fled from Border Patrol Updated: Apr-19-16 9:10 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The U.S. Border Patrol is releasing few details about a car crash near Nogales on Sunday that left four injured after a vehicle that was fleeing from agents crashed into a concrete barrier.
- The Latest: New Mexico governor will campaign for McCrory Updated: Apr-19-16 4:01 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Latest on a canceled visit to North Carolina by the chairwoman of the Republican Governors Association (all times local):
- New Mexico court rules against state in National Guard case Updated: Apr-18-16 9:21 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Supreme Court has ruled that the state can be sued under a law protecting military personnel in their civilian employment and reinstated a National Guard soldier's award of $36,000.
- Teen dead, another injured in car crash outside Hobbs Updated: Apr-17-16 12:37 pm
HOBBS, New Mexico - A single-vehicle crash near Hobbs has left an 18-year-old man dead and another man hurt.
- 2 drivers killed in head-on collision in southern New Mexico Updated: Apr-16-16 2:11 pm
LOVING, New Mexico - Two men, including one from Texas, are dead after their vehicles collided in southern New Mexico.
- Espanola vehicle explosion likely caused by cigarette Updated: Apr-16-16 11:43 am
ESPANOLA, New Mexico - Authorities say a vehicle explosion in Espanola that injured two people was ignited when a lit cigarette came into contact with a canister of oxygen.
- Latina governor's fundraising prowess on display at GOP gala Updated: Apr-15-16 2:59 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Second-term Gov. Susana Martinez is raising money through a political action committee as if she still is a contender, and lavishing more funds than ever on a Republican strategist while taking her tough-talking agenda on immigration issues and taxes to out-of-state audiences.
- State Police work to change Amber Alert system Updated: Apr-14-16 3:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico State Police Department is working to change the way Amber Alerts are issued so officers have more control over what information is broadcast after a child is abducted.
- The Latest: New Mexico pays more benefits in 1988 lawsuit Updated: Apr-13-16 7:19 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Latest on access to health care among Medicaid patients in New Mexico (all times local):
- New Mexico seeks charter school standards Updated: Apr-13-16 12:15 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico's public education secretary is urging state lawmakers to establish standards for closing charter schools that do not measure up to academic standards and financial controls.
- Hawaii mulls work-for-a-day program to help homeless people Updated: Apr-12-16 9:04 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii is looking for solutions to its homelessness crisis, and lawmakers are considering a program to help connect homeless people with day jobs.
- Daniels sworn in as New Mexico Supreme Court chief justice Updated: Apr-12-16 1:22 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Charles W. Daniels is the newest chief justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court.
- New Mexico gets first glimpse at campaign cash Updated: Apr-11-16 10:07 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Candidates for the New Mexico Legislature submitted campaign finance reports ahead of a Monday night deadline that provide the first glimpse of political fundraising for June primaries and the fall general election.