- Spain to pay FIFA reduced fine in Barcelona transfer case Updated: Nov-27-15 12:53 pm
ZURICH - FIFA says sport's highest court has cut the fine Spain's soccer federation must pay for breaking transfer rules when Barcelona signed youth players from abroad.
- Ukraine handed 1-game stadium ban for racism Updated: Nov-27-15 9:08 am
NYON, Switzerland - Ukraine was ordered to play a game behind closed doors as part of a UEFA punishment for racist behavior at last month's European Championship qualifier against Spain.
- In Barca's big win, Iniesta wins over Madrid smarting fans Updated: Nov-22-15 8:12 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Andres Iniesta has won it all with Barcelona, even the applause of its fiercest rival's fans.
- Del Bosque: Spanish players wanted to play Belgium friendly Updated: Nov-17-15 7:15 am
MADRID - Spanish players were keen to play the friendly against Belgium and were disappointed with its cancellation because of security concerns, Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque said Tuesday.
- Spain beats England 2-0 thanks to Gaspar's superb volley Updated: Nov-13-15 5:55 pm
ALICANTE, Spain - Mario Gaspar scored with a remarkable spinning volley from the top of the area to lead Spain to a 2-0 win over England in a friendly on Friday, handing the English their first loss in nearly a year and a half.
- FIFA VP Villar warned, fined $25K in World Cup bid case Updated: Nov-13-15 6:56 am
GENEVA - FIFA vice president Angel Maria Villar was warned and fined 25,000 Swiss francs ($25,000) Friday for misconduct during the 2018-2022 World Cup bid investigation.
- Isco dropped from Spain squad because of muscle fatigue Updated: Nov-11-15 10:35 am
MADRID - The Spanish soccer federation says Francisco Alarcon "Isco" has been dropped from the national team because of muscle fatigue.
- Diego Costa recalled for Spain's national team Updated: Nov-06-15 9:40 am
MADRID - Diego Costa is back with Spain's national team after being left out of the last two matches because of suspensions.