- Redskins say QB Griffin to miss Ravens game Updated: Aug-28-15 8:35 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will miss Saturday's exhibition game at Baltimore because of a concussion, reversing an earlier decision to let him play.
- Cowboys lineman RJ Dill gets 4-game ban over PED policy Updated: Aug-28-15 5:52 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas offensive lineman R.J. Dill, a third-year player who hasn't appeared in an NFL game, has been suspended four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.
- Identifying zone-read plays makes it tough to protect QBs Updated: Aug-28-15 3:12 am
PHILADELPHIA - If Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll and other NFL coaches want to run zone-read plays, their quarterbacks are fair game - even when they don't have the ball.
- Entering 10th season, Jets' Colon still out to prove himself Updated: Aug-27-15 8:35 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Willie Colon walked out of the New York Jets' facility eight months ago uncertain if he'd ever be back.
- Skins' RG3 evades concussion questions, OK'd to face Ravens Updated: Aug-27-15 7:15 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Robert Griffin III evaded questions Thursday about when - or even if - he sustained a concussion in the Washington Redskins' second preseason game.
- Tom Coughlin cuts back on practice, opts for Giants recovery Updated: Aug-27-15 6:24 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have been hit with so many injuries the past few seasons that coach Tom Coughlin is experimenting with practicing less.
- Cowboys break camp early but in keeping with routine Updated: Aug-27-15 5:15 pm
OXNARD, California - The Cowboys have broken camp in California, technically a day early but in keeping with their routine for preseason games this year.
- Gregory's work to impress Cowboys now showing on field, too Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
OXNARD, California - At times this summer, Randy Gregory would sign autographs and give interviews until Dallas team personnel had to just about pull him off the field during training camp.
- Eagles QB Bradford hopes to hit rhythm vs. Packers Updated: Aug-27-15 4:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Quarterback Sam Bradford would embrace the chance to play deeper in the Eagles' third exhibition game in Green Bay on Saturday.
- Redskins LB Junior Galette out for season with Achilles tear Updated: Aug-27-15 2:14 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden says outside linebacker Junior Galette will miss the entire season after tearing his left Achilles tendon.
- Cowboys think they have depth to replace injured Scandrick Updated: Aug-26-15 9:09 pm
OXNARD, California - Orlando Scandrick's season-ending knee injury was a flashback for Dallas coach Jason Garrett to losing linebacker Sean Lee during the offseason a year earlier.
- Beckham intends to have fun even if it makes him a target Updated: Aug-26-15 5:59 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Odell Beckham Jr. is well aware how annoying he can be on the field.
- Redskins' Galette injuries left ankle during practice Updated: Aug-26-15 5:36 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington linebacker Junior Galette injured his left ankle in the final minutes of Wednesday's practice.
- Umenyiora signs 1-day contract to retire as a New York Giant Updated: Aug-26-15 3:50 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora has retired as a member of the New York Giants.
- AP source: Cowboys' Scandrick out for year with knee injury Updated: Aug-26-15 12:42 am
Orlando Scandrick's season is over before it started after the Dallas cornerback tore two ligaments in his right knee in practice at training camp Tuesday.
- Victor Cruz believes he will be ready for Giants opener Updated: Aug-25-15 7:30 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Receiver Victor Cruz is hoping to be ready for the New York Giants' regular-season opener against Dallas despite not playing in the first two games of the preseason.
- Reed expects to make preseason debut Saturday vs. Ravens Updated: Aug-25-15 5:45 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington tight end Jordan Reed, who missed the team's first two preseason games with a strained hamstring, said Tuesday that he expects to play against the Baltimore Ravens.
- Healthy eating helps NFL players achieve fitness goals Updated: Aug-25-15 2:57 am
PHILADELPHIA - Long before Chip Kelly arrived in Philadelphia and banned junk food in favor of personalized smoothies, fitness experts have been helping NFL players get bigger, stronger and faster by changing their eating habits.
- Jets sign tight end LaCosse, D-lineman Walls waived-injured Updated: Aug-24-15 8:38 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have signed rookie tight end Matt LaCosse, and waived-injured rookie defensive lineman Davon Walls.
- Eagles, NFL disagree over hit on Sam Bradford's knees Updated: Aug-24-15 7:36 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The NFL says Terrell Suggs' hit on Sam Bradford's knees on Saturday night wasn't illegal and shouldn't have been a penalty.
- Geno Smith at Jets practice for 1st time since jaw broken Updated: Aug-24-15 6:51 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Geno Smith is working his way back to playing. For now, a visit to practice counts as progress for the New York Jets quarterback.
- Ravens RB Taliaferro to miss several weeks with knee injury Updated: Aug-24-15 5:06 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - In the corner of the Baltimore Ravens practice field Monday, a cozy group of eight offensive linemen went through drills.
- Preseason and training camp injuries mount up Updated: Aug-24-15 4:03 pm
The games don't count. That makes the pain from major preseason injuries even more, well, painful.
- Giants' shaky offense not a big worry for Manning, Coughlin Updated: Aug-24-15 3:42 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Eli Manning and the Giants starting offense have been a preseason dud so far, but bad numbers haven't bothered the quarterback and coach Tom Coughlin.
- Defensive lineman Mike Purcell's pick-6 highlight for 49ers Updated: Aug-24-15 12:41 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Long black hair swinging from his helmet, 303-pound defensive lineman Mike Purcell - not strong-armed quarterback Colin Kaepernick - provided the highlight touchdown of the night for the San Francisco 49ers.