- Even in retirement, Dupuis a factor for Penguins Updated: May-31-16 2:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Pascal Dupuis headed home to Montreal last December, threw his hockey gear in the garage and waited for his retirement to become real.
- Penguins edge Sharks 3-2 in Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final Updated: May-31-16 12:36 am
PITTSBURGH - Nick Bonino looks the part. Thatchy beard that juts out well below his chinstrap. Nose a bit askew. The rugged forward has etched out a career making a living in tight spaces, putting his body in places on the ice that aren't for the meek.
- The Latest: Penguins beat Sharks 3-2 in Stanley Cup Game 1 Updated: May-30-16 11:01 pm
- Bettman not bullish about NHL participation in 2018 Olympics Updated: May-30-16 7:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - The NHL remains open to continuing to send its players to the Olympics, just so long as it doesn't have foot the bill.
- Stanley Cup Final turns into reunion for Sharks' Paul Martin Updated: May-30-16 2:15 am
SAN JOSE, California - Back when the playoffs started nearly seven weeks ago, San Jose Sharks defenseman Paul Martin wondered what it would be like to play his old teammates in Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Stanley Cup Capsule Updated: May-29-16 6:46 pm
- Creative Rutherford, blunt Sullivan key Penguins' turnaround Updated: May-28-16 4:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - The door closed and Mike Sullivan started to talk. Over the course of the next 10 minutes, the Pittsburgh Penguins coach laid out for rookie goaltender Matt Murray why veteran Marc-Andre Fleury was starting Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals even though Murray's rapid maturation was one of the reasons Pittsburgh found itself two wins from a spot in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Steven Stamkos says he'd like to remain with Lightning Updated: May-27-16 7:09 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Steven Stamkos hopes he hasn't played his last game for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- In disarray in December, resilient Pittsburgh in Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 2:20 am
PITTSBURGH - During his first day on the job in mid-December, Mike Sullivan looked around the Pittsburgh Penguins' dressing room and saw a couple of MVPs, a handful of All-Stars and millionaires in abundance.
- Penguins top Lightning 2-1 to advance to Stanley Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 12:31 am
PITTSBURGH - The hours before the biggest game of Bryan Rust's life were restless. The nap he tried to sneak in never materialized. The Pittsburgh Penguins forward's mind was simply too busy.
- Stamkos returns for Lightning in Game 7 against Penguins Updated: May-26-16 7:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - Tampa Bay Lightning captain Steven Stamkos picked an interesting time to make his 2016 playoff debut.
- Clemson adds athletic administrators Updated: May-26-16 1:39 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson has hired former Georgia Tech tickets sales director Owen Godfrey and an ex-official for the Pittsburgh Penguins arena, Jason Lazar, to run renovated Littlejohn Coliseum.
- Crosby helps Penguins beat Lightning to force Game 7 Updated: May-25-16 12:27 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Pittsburgh Penguins made good on Evgeni Malkin's pledge to force Game 7 in the Eastern Conference final.
- Matt Murray back in goal for Penguins against Lightning Updated: May-24-16 5:36 pm
- Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury to start Game 5 Updated: May-22-16 11:49 am
PITTSBURGH - Marc-Andre Fleury is back on the job for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Ex-NHL player Stevens pleads not guilty to drug charges Updated: May-18-16 11:07 am
BOSTON - A two-time Stanley Cup champion hockey player from Massachusetts has been freed without bail after pleading not guilty to federal drug charges.
- Lightning lose goaltender Bishop to apparent leg injury Updated: May-13-16 9:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop left Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals Friday night in the first period with an apparent injury to his left leg.
- Capitals assistant Reirden a 'future head coach' in the NHL Updated: May-13-16 2:42 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Todd Reirden's road to coaching started as a journeyman defenseman playing in the minors for Todd McLellan's Houston Aeros during the 2004-05 NHL lockout.
- Capitals consider season a 'failure' after second-round exit Updated: May-12-16 4:58 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Alex Ovechkin looked up at the clock on the scoreboard and knew exactly what he would've been doing if the Washington Capitals were preparing for a Game 7. Instead, he was left to address another early playoff exit that has become an unwelcome rite of spring.
- Mike Johnston returns to WHL's Portland Winter Hawks as coach and GM Updated: May-11-16 5:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Less than two years ago, Mike Johnston thought he had closed the book on his days as head coach and general manager of the Western Hockey League's Portland Winterhawks.
- Russia calls up Ovechkin to worlds after playoff loss Updated: May-11-16 9:21 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The Russian Hockey Federation says it is calling up forward Alex Ovechkin and Washington Capitals teammates Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov for the world championships.
- Penguins edge Capitals 4-3 in OT to win series in 6 games Updated: May-11-16 1:23 am
- Penguins sticking with rookie Murray in Game 6 vs. Capitals Updated: May-09-16 1:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins are sticking with rookie goaltender Matt Murray.
- Confident Lightning headed to East final again Updated: May-09-16 2:33 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Lightning proving their deep playoff run of a year ago wasn't happenstance.
- Hedman, Bishop lead Lightning back to East final Updated: May-08-16 7:26 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Victor Hedman and Ben Bishop lifted the Tampa Bay Lightning into the Eastern Conference final for the second straight year.