- Washington Capitals extend affiliation with Hershey Bears Updated: Jun-03-15 2:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Capitals and the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL) have extended their affiliation agreement through the 2015-16 season.
- Bowman's response to Kane injury helped Blackhawks reach Cup Updated: Jun-03-15 3:59 am
- Canadiens agree to 6-year contract to D Petry Updated: Jun-02-15 9:30 pm
MONTREAL - Jeff Petry liked Montreal so much he decided to stay.
- Blackhawks' Brad Richards gets chance for 2nd Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-02-15 6:56 pm
- New Jersey Devils hire John Hynes as new head coach Updated: Jun-02-15 2:19 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - John Hynes was hired Tuesday as coach of the New Jersey Devils, becoming the youngest coach in the NHL at 40 years old.
- Rangers goaltender Mackenzie Skapski has hip surgery Updated: Jun-02-15 2:14 pm
NEW YORK - New York Rangers goaltender Mackenzie Skapski has had hip surgery and is expected to be sidelined four to five months.
- AP Source: Devils to hires John Hynes as head coach Updated: Jun-01-15 11:17 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey general manager Ray Shero has reached into his ties with the Pittsburgh Penguins to pick the Devils' next head coach, John Hynes, a person with knowledge of the hiring told The Associated Press on Monday night.
- Veteran leadership key to young Lightning's success Updated: Jun-01-15 8:04 pm
- Rangers' best regular season fails to lead to Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-01-15 6:30 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Three days after squandering a chance to reach the Stanley Cup Final for the second straight season, the New York Rangers' disappointment and frustration was still there for all to see.
- Columbus signs 2 defensemen to entry-level contracts Updated: Jun-01-15 3:57 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed two young defensemen to entry-level contracts.
- Rangers' Zuccarello was sidelined by small skull fracture Updated: Jun-01-15 3:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - New York Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello could not speak for four days after being hit in the head by a shot in the opening round of the playoffs and sustaining a small skull fracture and some bleeding.
- Garth Brooks concert canceled due to NHL finals in Tampa Updated: Jun-01-15 9:23 am
TAMPA, Florida - A couple of weeks ago, "Disney on Ice: Frozen" almost fell victim to the Tampa Bay Lightning's playoff run. Now, it's Garth Brooks.
- Young Lightning prove they belong on hockey's biggest stage Updated: May-31-15 7:33 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The NHL playoffs have been a roller coaster of excitement, punctuated by a pair of Game 7s over the weekend to decide the Stanley Cup finalists.
- Lightning strike: Tampa Bay heads to Cup finals Updated: May-30-15 3:34 am
NEW YORK - One thing to count on when the Tampa Bay Lightning play for the Stanley Cup: They won't be intimidated by anything.
- Lightning strike: Tampa Bay beats Rangers, will play for Cup Updated: May-30-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - The only history the Tampa Bay Lightning were interested in was what they would create.
- Rangers come up a game short of playoff for The Cup again Updated: May-30-15 12:17 am
NEW YORK - After losing the Stanley Cup final to the Los Angeles Kings last season, the New York Rangers came into the season with a simple motto: "Change the finish."
- Red Wings won't announce coach until Griffins done Updated: May-29-15 7:45 pm
DETROIT - Don't expect any major announcements from the Detroit Red Wings about their next coach as long as their Grand Rapids affiliate is still playing.
- NHL combine shifts from ballroom to arena with Buffalo move Updated: May-29-15 5:33 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel's presence alone at the NHL's pre-draft scouting combine next week is enough to spur league-wide buzz.
- New Jersey Devils sign F Sergey Kalinin to entry-level deal Updated: May-29-15 3:32 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils have signed forward Sergey Kalinin to an entry-level contract.
- Jackets re-sign defenseman Justin Falk to 1-year, 2-way pact Updated: May-29-15 11:36 am
- Hurricanes' CFO out after nearly 35 years with team Updated: May-28-15 8:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Mike Amendola is out as the Carolina Hurricanes' chief financial officer.
- Bylsma faces big rebuilding challenge in taking over Sabres Updated: May-28-15 7:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The circumstances have changed for Dan Bylsma in taking over as coach of the young and rebuilding Buffalo Sabres.
- Blue Jackets sign Goloubef to 2-year contract extension Updated: May-28-15 4:20 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed defenseman Cody Goloubef to a two-year contract extension through the 2016-17 season, locking him up before he could become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
- NHL: Stanley Cup Final begins Wednesday Updated: May-28-15 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - The Stanley Cup Final will open on Wednesday with Game 1 in New York, Tampa or Anaheim.
- Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom has hip surgery Updated: May-28-15 11:11 am
WASHINGTON - Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom has had hip surgery and the team expects him to be ready for next season.