- Steven Stamkos says he'd like to remain with Lightning Updated: May-27-16 7:09 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Steven Stamkos hopes he hasn't played his last game for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Not a great week for Nyquist - horse or hockey player Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
It was not the greatest week for Nyquist - horse or hockey player.
- Devils sign French defenseman Yohann Auvitu Updated: May-27-16 5:42 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils signed French defenseman Yohann Auvitu to a one-year, two-way, entry-level contract Friday.
- In disarray in December, resilient Pittsburgh in Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 2:20 am
PITTSBURGH - During his first day on the job in mid-December, Mike Sullivan looked around the Pittsburgh Penguins' dressing room and saw a couple of MVPs, a handful of All-Stars and millionaires in abundance.
- Senators announce $1.5M for cleanups in upstate New York Updated: May-27-16 12:32 am
ALBANY, New York - Federal officials are allocating $1.5 million to help fund six brownfield cleanup projects in upstate New York.
- Penguins top Lightning 2-1 to advance to Stanley Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 12:31 am
PITTSBURGH - The hours before the biggest game of Bryan Rust's life were restless. The nap he tried to sneak in never materialized. The Pittsburgh Penguins forward's mind was simply too busy.
- Rangers seek help finding Adirondack hiker missing 6 months Updated: May-27-16 12:17 am
HORICON, New York - State forest rangers are asking seasonal residents and visitors to the Warren County town of Horicon to look for signs of an 82-year-old man who's been missing since November.
- Senators defenseman Chris Phillips announces retirement Updated: May-26-16 9:21 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Ottawa Senators defenseman Chris Phillips is closing out his career with the only NHL team he has ever known.
- Stamkos returns for Lightning in Game 7 against Penguins Updated: May-26-16 7:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - Tampa Bay Lightning captain Steven Stamkos picked an interesting time to make his 2016 playoff debut.
- Buffalo Sabres sign Karabacek, 2014 2nd-round draft pick Updated: May-26-16 2:00 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Buffalo Sabres have signed prospect forward Vaclav Karabacek to a three-year entry-level contract.
- Clemson adds athletic administrators Updated: May-26-16 1:39 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson has hired former Georgia Tech tickets sales director Owen Godfrey and an ex-official for the Pittsburgh Penguins arena, Jason Lazar, to run renovated Littlejohn Coliseum.
- Senators' bill would block mining in Methow Valley Updated: May-26-16 11:43 am
SEATTLE - Washington's U.S. senators have proposed a bill that would prevent mining on about 340,000 acres of public land in the Methow Valley.
- Panthers send Gudbranson to Canucks for McCann Updated: May-25-16 9:20 pm
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Crosby helps Penguins beat Lightning to force Game 7 Updated: May-25-16 12:27 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Pittsburgh Penguins made good on Evgeni Malkin's pledge to force Game 7 in the Eastern Conference final.
- Matt Murray back in goal for Penguins against Lightning Updated: May-24-16 5:36 pm
- Bruins give Miller 4-year extension; add 2 new assistants Updated: May-24-16 4:14 pm
BOSTON - The Bruins have signed defenseman Kevan Miller to a four-year contract extension and added a pair of assistant coaches.
- AHL signs off on Portland Pirates sale to Springfield group Updated: May-24-16 12:34 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A minor hockey league's governing body has approved the sale of the Portland Pirates to a group of Springfield, Massachusetts, investors.
- Former Leafs coach John Brophy dies after lengthy illness Updated: May-23-16 1:56 pm
TORONTO - John Brophy, who coached the Toronto Maple Leafs for 2½ seasons before coaching in the ECHL for 13 seasons, has died. He was 83.
- Senators want higher liability for Great Lakes oil spills Updated: May-22-16 1:47 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Michigan's U.S. senators want the Department of Transportation to make sure oil pipelines crossing underneath the Great Lakes are treated as "offshore" and not "onshore" to ensure the owners will have to pay the full cost of a cleanup if there is a spill.
- Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury to start Game 5 Updated: May-22-16 11:49 am
PITTSBURGH - Marc-Andre Fleury is back on the job for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Ex-NHL player Stevens pleads not guilty to drug charges Updated: May-18-16 11:07 am
BOSTON - A two-time Stanley Cup champion hockey player from Massachusetts has been freed without bail after pleading not guilty to federal drug charges.
- Red Wings add Jeff Salajko as goalie coach Updated: May-17-16 2:40 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have hired goalie coach Jeff Salajko.
- Caps' GM says it's on him to keep Ovechkin's Cup window open Updated: May-17-16 1:32 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - There are hints of gray in Alex Ovechkin's hair now and his 31st birthday is a few months away.
- Street hockey in July planned at 10 Meijer parking lots Updated: May-16-16 8:22 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Meijer will turn 10 Michigan parking lots into destinations for summer street hockey for kids.