- Medical marijuana legalization sent to Ohio governor Updated: May-25-16 11:11 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A medical marijuana legalization bill has been sent to Ohio Gov. John Kasich in an effort by state lawmakers to offset support for a proposed fall ballot measure.
- Medical marijuana OK'd by Ohio lawmakers in pre-break flurry Updated: May-25-16 11:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers sent a medical marijuana legalization bill to the governor Wednesday on divided votes, in action capping a final flurry of activity ahead of their summer break.
- The Latest: Bill on voting hours heads to Ohio governor Updated: May-25-16 11:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on legislative activity at the Ohio Statehouse as lawmakers seek to wrap up work before their summer break (all times local):
- Ohio airport to be named in honor of astronaut John Glenn Updated: May-25-16 10:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Astronaut John Glenn is getting an airport named in his honor in his home state of Ohio.
- The Latest: Bill naming John Glenn airport passes in Ohio Updated: May-25-16 10:06 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on legislation naming an Ohio airport for astronaut John Glenn (all times local):
- Ohio lawmakers OK bill letting parents freeze child's credit Updated: May-25-16 12:24 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Parents could create and freeze a credit record for a child under legislation headed to Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik).
- Ohio lawmakers near vote on speeding up lead-water alerts Updated: May-24-16 11:10 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A proposed overhaul of how Ohio cities deal with lead in drinking water would force public water systems to alert residents within two days after lead is found at the tap.
- Ohio lawmakers vote to scrap cap on alcohol content for beer Updated: May-20-16 12:14 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In a move that would allow craft brewers the freedom to make boozier beers, Ohio lawmakers have voted to scrap a cap on alcohol content for beer that's been on the books since just after Prohibition.
- Gov. Kasich signs $2.6 billion construction budget Updated: May-18-16 3:15 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sihk) has signed a $2.6 billion capital budget bill that includes funding for public works, community and school projects over the next two years.
- Several female Ohio lawmakers say sexism is part of job Updated: May-14-16 12:25 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Months after an Ohio lawmaker called his female primary opponent "sweetie" and questioned her interest in holding office while raising young children, several female Democratic legislators said they often encounter offensive jokes and remarks made by their male counterparts.
- Debate underway on renewable energy bills in Ohio Updated: May-14-16 9:43 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State lawmakers have begun hearings on a pair of bills regarding Ohio's renewable energy mandates.
- Obama aide highlights immigrant policy forum in Columbus Updated: May-14-16 9:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - President Barack Obama's special assistant on immigration policy highlighted a daylong forum in Columbus this week exploring ways to empower and engage Ohio's foreign-born residents.
- Merger of state parks, boating operations clears Ohio Senate Updated: May-11-16 5:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposal to combine Ohio's parks and watercraft operations into a single office has cleared the Ohio Senate.
- Ohio sponsor seeks vote on so-called Pastor Protection Act Updated: May-11-16 5:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Backers of a bill that would let Ohio's churches and pastors refuse to perform same-sex marriages are calling for action on the legislation.
- Ohio committee OKs bill to allow online voter registration Updated: May-10-16 2:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposal to let Ohioans register to vote online next year has cleared a legislative hurdle.
- Ohio bill would override local pet store regulation Updated: May-09-16 9:43 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers are considering a bill that would keep municipalities from regulating pet stores.
- Bill aimed at fixing truancy passes Ohio House Updated: May-08-16 10:01 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House has passed a bill that seeks to decriminalize truancy and require schools to do more to address the problem.
- Critics: Reducing farmland tax would cost Ohio homeowners Updated: May-07-16 10:14 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio lawmakers are debating whether to reduce property taxes for farmers, a move critics say would raise taxes for rural homeowners and potentially cause school districts to lose state funding.
- Ohio Senate rejects House changes to labor-related bill Updated: May-04-16 5:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State senators have rejected a proposal that would have prohibited Ohio cities, townships, school districts and public universities from requiring the use of unionized labor on construction projects.
- Ohio passes 3-day break from state sales tax this summer Updated: Apr-27-16 3:15 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Shoppers in Ohio would get a three-day break from the state's sales tax this summer under a bill being sent to the governor's desk.
- Ohio bill aimed at quickly resolving public records disputes Updated: Apr-27-16 12:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The leader of the Ohio Senate is introducing a bill that he says would resolve public records disputes faster and cut down on expensive court battles.
- Ohio bill would restore rare coins sales tax exemption Updated: Apr-26-16 11:50 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A legislative committee is continuing to consider a bill that would restore a sales tax exemption for residents purchasing rare coins and precious metal bullion.