- Black legislators host town hall meeting in southwest Ohio Updated: Nov-23-15 7:09 am
CINCINNATI - Residents of southwest Ohio are getting a chance to meet local members of the Ohio Legislative Black Caucus.
- Ohio lawmaker lodges protest over Planned Parenthood debate Updated: Nov-20-15 5:24 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Democratic state lawmaker has formally complained that she was not recognized to speak during House debate on defunding Planned Parenthood.
- Bill to let EMTs aid injured animals clears Ohio House panel Updated: Nov-20-15 10:32 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill that would allow first responders to aid injured animals at emergency scenes has cleared an Ohio House panel.
- Investigators: Faulty gas shut-off caused home explosion Updated: Nov-20-15 4:32 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Investigators have pinpointed the cause of an explosion that destroyed a central Ohio home.
- DC mayor to greet students from Ohio near White House Updated: Nov-19-15 1:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington's mayor is greeting middle school students from Ohio who chose to travel to the nation's capital despite threats in the wake of the Paris attacks.
- Ohio lawmakers push proposed ban on LGBT conversion therapy Updated: Nov-19-15 7:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two Democratic state lawmakers in Ohio are using this week's Transgender Day of Remembrance as an opportunity to push their bill seeking a ban on therapy aimed at changing the sexual orientation of minors.
- Proposed changes spark debate in Ohio's cosmetology industry Updated: Nov-18-15 9:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two bills pending in Ohio's House and Senate are pitting big hair salons against cosmetology schools as lawmakers propose eliminating the state's mandate requiring someone with a manager's license on salon premises at all times.
- Bill would let Ohioans with drug convictions keep license Updated: Nov-18-15 7:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio Senate panel is considering a bill that would give judges the option of suspending a driver's license for someone convicted of a drug charge instead of the suspension being mandatory.
- Ohio House approves bill to expand concealed weapons law Updated: Nov-17-15 5:32 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio House has approved a bill to expand the state's concealed weapons law to allow guns in places such as colleges and day cares and on private aircraft.
- Ohio House urges Obama to halt Syrian resettlement in state Updated: Nov-17-15 4:42 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Republican-dominated Ohio House is urging President Barack Obama to halt the settlement of Syrian refugees in the state and the U.S., citing safety concerns.
- Ohio bill extending foster services to age 21 advances Updated: Nov-16-15 4:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio House committee has approved legislation extending the age that younger residents can get foster care services to 21.
- Ohio bill may make it harder for government to seize assets Updated: Nov-10-15 6:32 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio House committee continues to hear testimony on a bill making it harder for authorities to seize assets like cash or vehicles if the owners aren't involved in criminal activity.
- Ohio senator sets hearings on co-curricular activities, fees Updated: Nov-08-15 9:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A state senator is leading a series of meetings around Ohio to gather feedback from health experts, parents, educators, coaches and others on co-curricular school activities.
- Former Ohio Democratic leader won't run for old seat in 2016 Updated: Nov-05-15 3:46 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The former head of Ohio's Democratic Party who stepped down after losing his seat in the Ohio House last year says he won't try to win back the seat in 2016.
- Speaker: Ohio lawmakers weigh medical marijuana next steps Updated: Nov-04-15 8:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Republican majority in the Ohio House is taking a serious look at the issue of medical marijuana and discussing potential legislation, the House speaker said Wednesday, a day after voters rejected a broader pot legalization proposal.
- Kasich signs bill overhauling oversight of charter schools Updated: Nov-01-15 2:37 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill overhauling the state's embattled charter-school system with new performance, accountability and reporting requirements was signed into law Sunday by Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
- Ohio House panel approves bill to fix small business tax Updated: Oct-26-15 2:47 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill to fix a budget provision that imposes an unintended tax increase on some small businesses has cleared an Ohio House panel.