- Lasers in the outfield: Mets say MLB to handle Dodgers marks Updated: May-28-16 10:21 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets aren't happy with the way the Dodgers tried to make their mark in New York this weekend.
- Braves outfielder Hector Olivera suspended through Aug. 1 Updated: May-27-16 4:57 pm
ATLANTA - The Braves' dismal season took another turn for the worse Thursday when outfielder Hector Olivera agreed to accept a suspension through Aug. 1 for his arrest on domestic violence charges.
- MLB commissioner announces Hall of Fame tour stops Updated: May-26-16 7:51 pm
DYERSVILLE, Iowa - Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred traveled to the "Field of Dreams" movie site in eastern Iowa on Thursday to announce this year's National Baseball Hall of Fame tour stops in six cities.
- Baseball: No malice in Padres' gay chorus anthem flap Updated: May-26-16 4:38 pm
- Cheyenne's Nimmo getting closer to fulfilling MLB dream Updated: May-25-16 12:41 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Brandon Nimmo's professional baseball career has taken him all across the country.
- Ex-Red Sox player bidding to become next Vermont governor Updated: May-25-16 9:48 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Major League Baseball player is running for governor in Vermont as a member of the Liberty Union party, which bills itself as nonviolent and socialist.
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday Updated: May-22-16 6:48 pm
HOUSTON - Texas second baseman Rougned Odor's hearing to appeal an eight-game suspension for punching Toronto's Joey Bautista will be on Tuesday.
- Holocaust survivor sings national anthem at Tigers game Updated: May-21-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - An 89-year-old Holocaust survivor has fulfilled her longtime wish to sing the U.S. national anthem at a Major League Baseball game.
- Tim Lincecum signs $2.5 million, 1-year deal with Angels Updated: May-20-16 8:24 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ravaged by injuries, the Los Angeles Angels are taking a chance on Tim Lincecum, the two-time NL Cy Young Award winner who is coming off major hip surgery and looking to regain his career.
- MLB chief: Science may be behind increased drug positives Updated: May-19-16 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - Improved science could be a reason behind baseball's increase in positive drug tests.
- Rockies sending Jose Reyes to extended spring training Updated: May-18-16 8:27 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Colorado Rockies are sending Jose Reyes to extended spring training with no firm plan for when he's eligible to return June 1.
- Odor suspended for 8 games and Bautista for 1 for brawl Updated: May-17-16 11:51 pm
TORONTO - Texas second baseman Rougned Odor was suspended for eight games and fined $5,000 by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for punching Toronto's Jose Bautista on the jaw.
- Odor's minor league team introduces drink with punch to it Updated: May-17-16 9:44 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Rougned Odor's former minor league team has introduced an alcoholic energy drink it says delivers a punch.
- Torre: Discipline 'obviously' coming for Sunday's brawl Updated: May-17-16 2:21 am
- MLB players police unwritten rules for acceptable conduct Updated: May-16-16 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - Hall of Famer Joe Morgan knows that for more than a century, baseball players have policed themselves.
- Reyes banned through May under MLB domestic violence policy Updated: May-14-16 1:13 am
DENVER - Jose Reyes now knows when he can return. His role - and perhaps his future - with the Colorado Rockies remain as murky as ever, especially given the emergence of rookie shortstop Trevor Story.
- Rangers call up Matt Bush for MLB debut after prison release Updated: May-13-16 11:56 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - When Matt Bush was released from prison last October after a 3 1/2-year sentence for a drunken-driving accident, the former No. 1 overall draft pick was sober and just hoping for another chance to play baseball.
- Reds' Ohlendorf suspended 3 games for throwing at Freese Updated: May-13-16 10:18 pm
- Scherzer has 20 Ks, ties MLB record as Nats top Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-12-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has thrown two no-hitters, come within one strike of a perfect game and met just about every expectation that accompanied the $210 million contract he signed with Washington.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper appeals 1-game suspension from MLB Updated: May-12-16 12:17 am
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper was suspended one game and fined Wednesday by Major League Baseball for his behavior following an ejection this week.
- MLB suspends Royals prospect Mondesi for 50 games for PED Updated: May-10-16 6:41 pm
NEW YORK - Kansas City Royals infield prospect Raul Mondesi was suspended for 50 games following a positive test for Clenbuterol, negotiating a 30-game reduction from the usual penalty for a banned steroid after providing evidence he ingested the drug in an over-the-counter medication.
- Baseball scraps Puerto Rico series amid Zika concerns Updated: May-06-16 7:03 pm
NEW YORK - Zika virus concerns have forced the Pirates-Marlins series out of Puerto Rico, with the two games instead shifted to Miami this month.
- All those questions about Zika's threat even touch baseball Updated: May-06-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Scientists know the Zika virus causes devastating birth defects but they can't yet tell how big a threat it is or what to do about it. It's not just pregnant women who are worried - now it's touched baseball.
- Commissioner: Decision imminent on MLB games in Puerto Rico Updated: May-05-16 7:53 pm
- Dodgers' pitcher Ravin given 80-game drug suspension Updated: May-02-16 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Josh Ravin was suspended Monday for 80 games following a positive test under Major League Baseball's drug program.