- Column: Bring on Expos II! Montreal deserves another team Updated: May-29-15 7:03 pm
For many baseball fans, the lasting image of the Montreal Expos is a cash-strapped team that played before mostly empty seats in a sterile stadium known as the Big Owe.
- Awaiting ruling, Matusz pitches in Orioles' loss to Miami Updated: May-24-15 6:18 pm
MIAMI - For a lefty in limbo, Brian Matusz pitched well Sunday.
- Manfred: MASN eventually must pay Nats increased rights fees Updated: May-22-15 2:36 pm
- Manfred understands why minority interviews skipped Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - New baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he understands why the Milwaukee Brewers and Miami Marlins did not interview any minority candidates when they hired new managers this month.
- MLB and Reds discussing Rose role at All-Star Game Updated: May-21-15 5:00 pm
NEW YORK - Pete Rose's role at the All-Star game in Cincinnati will be determined by Major League Baseball and the Reds after they determine what other obligations the banned career hits leader has.
- Judge puts off decision in Orioles, Nationals TV dispute Updated: May-18-15 9:07 pm
- Catcher won't get bowled over in Cincinnati All-Star Game Updated: May-14-15 5:13 pm
CINCINNATI - One of the most famous All-Star endings won't be repeated when the game returns to Cincinnati this summer.
- MLB pumps up ball security after Tom Brady flap Updated: May-12-15 6:50 pm
NEW YORK - Even before Tom Brady was penalized, Major League Baseball boosted its prevent defense.
- SF mayor signs law that bans chewing tobacco at ballparks Updated: May-08-15 10:06 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco has become the first city in the nation to outlaw chewing tobacco from its playing fields, including AT&T Park, home to the San Francisco Giants.
- MLB upholds 14-game suspension for Blue Jays coach Jacoby Updated: May-08-15 8:53 pm
TORONTO - Major League Baseball upheld a 14-game suspension for Toronto hitting coach Brook Jacoby after a fracas with an umpire, prompting the former All-Star player to say Friday he didn't deserve such a "harsh" penalty.
- Back with Texas, a last chance in MLB for Josh Hamilton? Updated: May-07-15 7:13 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton knows in hindsight that he probably should have never left Texas.
- MLB cuts Royals pitcher Herrera's suspensions by a game to 6 Updated: May-07-15 5:05 pm
- Manfred says shortening MLB regular season a popular topic Updated: May-06-15 9:38 pm
HOUSTON - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says shortening the regular season is becoming a popular topic as players and owners prepare to negotiate a new labor deal.
- MLB, union say players taken in draft can be traded earlier Updated: May-04-15 4:12 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball and the players' association have agreed to change the rule that has kept first-round pick Trea Turner from joining his new team after a trade, though it will affect only future drafts.