- Supreme Court rejects San Jose appeal over Athletics' move Updated: Oct-05-15 6:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Supreme Court rejected an appeal from the city of San Jose in its bid to lure baseball's Athletics from Oakland to the South Bay.
- MLB: Chicago Cubs Kris Bryant jersey is top seller Updated: Oct-05-15 11:06 am
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant hasn't played a single game in the postseason but already he's a winner.
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause havoc with MLB playoff picture Updated: Oct-02-15 4:38 am
Adrian Beltre, Carlos Correa or Andrew McCutchen certainly might deliver a big hit this weekend to improve their team's playoff position.
- Jessica Mendoza to call AL wild-card game in a first Updated: Oct-01-15 2:18 pm
- Manfred meets with Rose on reinstatement application Updated: Sep-25-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - Pete Rose has made his case for reinstatement with Commissioner Rob Manfred, who promised a decision by the end of December.
- Nats closer Papelbon suspended 3 games for throw at Machado Updated: Sep-25-15 5:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals closer Jonathan Papelbon was suspended for three games and fined by Major League Baseball on Friday for throwing a pitch in the "head area" of Baltimore's Manny Machado.
- Kansas City, Royals, MLB plan urban youth academy Updated: Sep-25-15 5:00 pm
- Kansas City to establish inner-city youth baseball academy Updated: Sep-25-15 2:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals are teaming with Kansas City officials, Major League Baseball and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum on a youth academy that will include an indoor training facility and outdoor fields.
- In their words: How sports world is remembering Yogi Berra Updated: Sep-23-15 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - Yogi Berra, the Hall of Fame catcher renowned as much for his lovable, linguistically dizzying "Yogi-isms" as his unmatched 10 World Series championships with the New York Yankees, has died at 90. Here's how he is being remembered:
- Cardinals 1st MLB team to clinch playoff spot this season Updated: Sep-19-15 7:36 pm
- Red Sox, Blue Jays to play Montreal exhibitions on April 1-2 Updated: Sep-18-15 5:37 pm
- Longtime MLB radio announcer Milo Hamilton dies at 88 Updated: Sep-17-15 9:25 pm
HOUSTON - Milo Hamilton, a Hall of Fame broadcaster whose radio calls over six decades included 11 no-hitters and Hank Aaron's historic 715th home run in 1974, died on Thursday. He was 88.
- Drones at stadiums are easy to spot, but hard to stop Updated: Sep-17-15 3:20 am
Whether they're crashing into the bleachers or simply hovering above stadiums to get a cool picture of the action down below, drones have become semi-regular guests at the ballparks these days.
- San Francisco judge tosses minor league baseball lawsuit Updated: Sep-16-15 5:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal judge dismissed an antitrust lawsuit filed by minor league players against Major League Baseball and its 30 teams.
- Cardinals C Stanley suspended for 80 games by MLB Updated: Sep-12-15 2:47 pm
NEW YORK - Cardinals catcher Cody Stanley was suspended Saturday for 80 games for testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance.