- Crews clear drains along interstate in Atlanta Updated: Jun-02-15 6:08 am
ATLANTA - Georgia transportation officials say crews will clear drains along the interstate that runs through the heart of Atlanta before and after storms this week.
- Mayor: Plan for bullet train likely stopped in its tracks Updated: May-24-15 3:15 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga is looking into the possibility of building light commuter rail throughout the city, Mayor Andy Berke said.
- Police chief: 5 dead in crash on Interstate 16 near Savannah Updated: May-19-15 8:04 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A police chief says five people are dead after a tractor trailer smashed into two passenger cars and caught fire on Interstate 16 just west of Savannah.
- Georgia DOT rejects Palmetto Pipeline for refined petroleum Updated: May-19-15 4:02 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia transportation official has denied Kinder Morgan Inc. an approval necessary to build a 360-mile pipeline carrying gasoline, diesel and ethanol from South Carolina through Georgia and into Florida.
- 4-state Southeast high-speed rail compact being discussed Updated: May-08-15 10:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The nation's top transportation official says he's more optimistic that high-speed rail will eventually become a reality in the Southeast after Georgia and South Carolina expressed interest in a joint agreement between North Carolina and Virginia to study, coordinate and advocate for the project.
- Lawmaker behind transportation plan nominated for DOT post Updated: May-08-15 12:44 pm
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal has nominated the lawmaker who sponsored the state's new $900 million transportation plan to fill a key position at the Georgia Department of Transportation.