- Senate committees back tuition cuts for 5 UNC campuses Updated: May-25-16 5:49 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A proposal to dramatically reduce tuition at five University of North Carolina campuses is inching forward in the General Assembly despite concerns from some senators and alumni who fear greater reliance on state funding will end up harming the schools down the road.
- To diffuse protests, UNC board opens limited public comment Updated: May-23-16 6:06 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's public university governing board is lending an ear to protesters in hopes of diffusing demonstrations that have gone on for months and led to some arrests, college leaders said Monday.
- Documents: Ex-NC State player may have violated agents law Updated: May-19-16 4:31 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - State authorities say they have found evidence that a former North Carolina State football player may have violated the state's sports agent law.
- UNC athletics schedules yard sale for surplus equipment Updated: May-13-16 1:11 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The athletics department at UNC-Chapel Hill is cleaning out its attic and offering fans and collectors a chance to cash in.
- North Carolina editorial roundup Updated: May-11-16 4:59 pm
Recent editorials from North Carolina newspapers:
- Sinking apartments near UNC Charlotte force student removals Updated: May-10-16 7:36 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Some students at the University of North Carolina Charlotte had to move out of off-campus apartments right before final exams because of construction issues.
- Christian student group files lawsuit against NC State Updated: Apr-26-16 6:57 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Christian student group at N.C. State University is suing the school, saying it selectively enforces a policy requiring a permit for all types of free speech on campus.