- Christian student group files lawsuit against NC State Updated: Apr-26-16 6:57 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Christian student group at N.C. State University is suing the school, saying it selectively enforces a policy requiring a permit for all types of free speech on campus.
- Barnes & Noble to take over UNC bookstore Updated: Apr-22-16 6:55 am
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is turning its bookstore over to Barnes & Noble.
- UNC Board of Governors seeks approval for 100-year financing Updated: Apr-15-16 3:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's public university board decided Friday to ask the General Assembly to allow two flagship campuses to begin borrowing $1 billion for up to 100 years instead of the current 30-year time limit.
- UNC issues 'all clear' following armed robbery near dorm Updated: Apr-15-16 4:12 am
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill says a student has been robbed by an armed man near a student dormitory.
- Protest moves UNC meeting from Asheville to Chapel Hill Updated: Apr-12-16 1:44 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The University of North Carolina Board of Governors is moving its meeting from Asheville to Chapel Hill this week because of planned protests surrounding a visit by UNC's new president.
- The Latest: UNC-CH head says donors pause over new LGBT law Updated: Apr-09-16 2:02 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on the reaction to a North Carolina law that requires transgender people to use public bathrooms conforming to the sex on their birth certificates and restricts protections for LGBT people (all times local):
- UNC president: Transgender law could hurt schools Updated: Apr-08-16 5:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A new state law blocking anti-discrimination policies that would protect the LGBT community could turn away promising faculty and students, University of North Carolina President Margaret Spellings said Friday, a day after issuing a memo to campus chancellors saying the schools would comply with the law.
- Georgia Tech hosts ACC entrepreneur competition Updated: Apr-06-16 3:27 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlantic Coast Conference is known for its competition in athletics, but some of the brightest minds from all 15 conference schools met this week for a different kind of showdown.