- Mississippi superintendent backtracks on transgender policy Updated: May-18-16 6:43 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Under fire from the governor and many Republican legislators, the Mississippi Department of Education now says it won't follow new federal guidance on use of bathrooms and locker rooms by transgender students.
- Sen. Burton's charge was for 2nd offense DUI Updated: May-18-16 5:06 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi lawmaker's arrest last weekend was on a second-offense DUI charge.
- GOP lawyer says Eaton election lawsuit should be dismissed Updated: May-17-16 7:35 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Lawyers for Republican leaders of the Mississippi House of Representatives say a lawsuit seeking to reinstate a Democratic representative should be dismissed.
- 6 running for Mississippi House seat in a Delta district Updated: May-09-16 8:52 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Six candidates are running in a special election to fill a vacant Mississippi House seat in the Delta.
- Justices mull if judiciary has role in legislative dispute Updated: May-09-16 6:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court said Monday that it wants to hear arguments about a lawsuit a Democratic lawmaker filed earlier this year against the Republican House speaker.