- The Latest: UN: 'Christian refugees only' policy dangerous Updated: Oct-08-15 1:53 pm
LUXEMBOURG - The latest developments as hundreds of thousands of people seeking safety make an epic trek through Europe. All times local.
- Hungary OKs NATO, EU troops to help guard border Updated: Oct-08-15 12:33 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Troops from the European Union or NATO will be allowed to help defend Hungary's borders due to the migrant crisis, the Hungarian government said Thursday.
- Eastern European nations work jointly to secure borders Updated: Oct-06-15 1:55 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Several Eastern European countries are cooperating on controlling the flow of migrants at the external borders of the European Union - a program a top Hungarian official said Tuesday could set an example for the rest of the 28-nation bloc.
- The Latest: UN official warns EU on 'hotspot' migrant triage Updated: Oct-06-15 1:55 pm
GENEVA - The latest developments as hundreds of thousands of people seeking safety make an epic trek through Europe. All times local.
- EU leaders call for global refugee quotas at UN event Updated: Sep-30-15 8:25 pm
UNITED NATIONS - European leaders are urging U.N. member states to introduce global refugee quotas to stem the crisis that has forced thousands to flee their homes in search of safety.
- Media rights group says EU is too soft on Hungary Updated: Sep-29-15 9:21 am
BRUSSELS - An international press freedom group says the European Union has been too lenient in its treatment of media abuses in member state Hungary.
- Migrants finding little sympathy in Hungary for their plight Updated: Sep-09-15 2:30 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - A makeshift camp of thousands from the Middle East, Asia and Africa has been dismantled at Budapest's Keleti train station, and its inhabitants have left for Germany. But the loathing of them lingers in Hungary, which hopes to build a border fence strong enough to keep out future waves of asylum seekers.