- Record migrant flow reported on Hungary's razor-wire border Updated: Aug-27-15 1:11 pm
ROSZKE, Hungary - Hungary deployed police reinforcements to rein in an unrelenting flow of migrants across its porous border Thursday, but refugee activists said the effort appeared futile in a nation whose migrant camps are overloaded and barely delay their journeys west into the heart of the European Union.
- Austria finds 20, maybe up to 50, migrants dead in truck Updated: Aug-27-15 12:56 pm
PARNDORF, Austria - Austrian police on Thursday discovered the decomposing bodies of at least 20 - and possibly up to 50 - migrants stacked in a truck parked on the shoulder of the main highway from Budapest to Vienna.
- Thousands of migrants head closer to EU from Macedonia Updated: Aug-23-15 2:35 pm
GEVGELIJA, Macedonia - Thousands of beleaguered migrants - mostly Syrians, Iraqis and Afghans fleeing bloody conflicts - crammed into trains and buses in Macedonia that brought them one step closer to the European Union on Sunday, a day after they stormed past police trying to block them from entering the country from Greece.
- Thousands of Hungary police to guard against migrant influx Updated: Aug-18-15 10:34 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary will send several thousand police officers to the southern border with Serbia in a new effort to stem the rising flow of migrants, the government said Tuesday.
- Hungarian minister: over 100,000 migrants so far in 2015 Updated: Jul-31-15 8:50 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - More than 100,000 migrants have reached Hungary so far this year, nearly all of them entering through its southern border with Serbia, the Hungarian foreign minister said Friday.