- Bush lauded at Tenn. GOP event, but will state vote follow? Updated: Jun-01-15 5:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The speakers at the Tennessee Republican Party fundraiser over the weekend took turns heaping praise on former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the keynote speaker at the annual Statesmen's Dinner.
- Tennessee GOP chairman resigns state House seat Updated: May-28-15 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State Rep. Ryan Haynes has resigned his seat in the House following his election as chairman of the Tennessee Republican Party.
- Tennessee, Kentucky prosecutors attending training event Updated: May-27-15 4:08 am
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - Prosecutors from across Kentucky and Tennessee are meeting this week to learn more about vehicular homicide cases.
- 2 dead, 6 injured in crash involving 4 motorcycles, SUV Updated: May-23-15 1:40 pm
MARYVILLE, Tennessee - Two people are dead and six injured after an SUV drove into oncoming traffic, striking four motorcycles.
- Democrats seek return to relevance in Tennessee politics Updated: May-21-15 5:51 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - For a party once accustomed to dominating state politics, the outlook for Tennessee Democrats is bleak.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: May-20-15 1:13 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Former Tennessee state lawmaker Kathryn Bowers dies Updated: May-15-15 11:02 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Former state lawmaker Kathryn Bowers, who was an advocate for women, children, the mentally ill and the poor, has died. She was 72.
- Panel approves plans to move Tennessee legislative offices Updated: May-14-15 4:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The State Building Commission has approved the first step to make an overhauled building next to the state Capitol the new home of the Tennessee General Assembly.
- New coalition will push lawmakers to fund Tennessee roads Updated: May-13-15 4:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Raising taxes is never popular, but a new coalition says the lack of funding for Tennessee's roads and bridges has reached a crisis point requiring action.
- Vanderbilt to release latest Tennessee poll on Wednesday Updated: May-13-15 4:02 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt University is scheduled to release the latest findings of its twice yearly public opinion poll in Tennessee on Wednesday.
- In Kentucky primary, GOP looks to Tennessee for inspiration Updated: May-12-15 12:13 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Just south of Monroe County, between the Kentucky border and a meandering stream called Chicken Branch, sits 199 acres of Tennessee farmland owned by Republican candidate for governor James Comer.
- Stocked trout will continue to fill Tennessee, Georgia lakes Updated: May-11-15 4:44 pm
ERWIN, Tennessee - Anglers can rejoice: A steady stream of trout will continue to flow into lakes in Tennessee and Georgia thanks to a funding agreement involving the Tennessee Valley Authority, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and state agencies.
- Tennessee Highway Patrol says 6 killed in head-on crash Updated: May-08-15 8:16 pm
MARYVILLE, Tennessee - A sport utility vehicle crossed into oncoming traffic and hit a minivan head-on in Tennessee, killing six people, including three children, authorities said Friday.
- Comcast announces super-fast Internet in Tenn., mum on cost Updated: May-07-15 12:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Comcast says it is bringing its super-fast Internet service to Nashville, but won't say how much it will cost to install or subscribe.
- Speakers disavow any 'mandate' for Tennessee security group Updated: May-06-15 1:08 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A private group called the Tennessee Task Force on National and Homeland Security is marketing itself with an official-looking logo and a claimed "mandate" from state lawmakers. But legislative leaders say the group has no official endorsement from the General Assembly.
- Court: Burns officer fired for reporting illegal activity Updated: May-05-15 4:04 am
BURNS, Tennessee - The Tennessee Supreme Court has ruled that a former Burns police officer was fired as retaliation for complaining about his chief's illegal activity.
- Troopers to be more visible during Cinco de Mayo holiday Updated: May-05-15 3:34 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Highway Patrol will increase enforcement during the Cinco de Mayo holiday.
- Tennessee lawmakers reimburse state for trips Updated: May-04-15 11:50 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two lawmakers have reimbursed the state for trips they took to legislative conferences.