- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:14 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam to headline West Virginia GOP event Updated: Jul-01-15 3:14 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam is slated to headline an event next month for the West Virginia Republican Party.
- THP stepping up safety patrol over July Fourth holiday Updated: Jun-30-15 4:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Highway Patrol is taking steps to try to make the Fourth of July holiday period as safe as possible.
- Supporters seek to revive Tennessee Medicaid expansion plan Updated: Jun-29-15 4:22 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Supporters of a failed plan to expand Medicaid in Tennessee met Monday to renew an effort to try to pass it after a recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court to uphold health insurance subsidies.
- The Latest: Supreme Court overturns Tenn. gay marriage ban Updated: Jun-26-15 5:16 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Latest from Tennessee on the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling overturning the state's ban on same-sex marriage and making it legal everywhere in the United States. (All times Central)
- Tenn. reactions to the US Supreme Court's health care ruling Updated: Jun-25-15 1:02 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The U.S. Supreme Court's decision to uphold health insurance subsidies in states that do not operate their own insurance exchanges means the more than 155,000 Tennesseans who use the subsidies will not lose their health insurance. Here's a look at who is getting subsidies in Tennessee and what Tennesseans are saying about the ruling:
- Tenn officials waiting for gay marriage ruling before action Updated: Jun-21-15 12:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - In Tennessee, state and local officials say they are taking a wait-and-see approach to the possibility that the U.S. Supreme Court could overturn the state's gay marriage ban.
- Tennessee state trooper placed on leave after drug arrest Updated: Jun-20-15 12:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee state trooper has been placed on discretionary leave with pay after being arrested on drug charges.
- Garrett, Himes named co-legal directors of Tenn. Legislature Updated: Jun-18-15 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee General Assembly has named two new directors of legal affairs following the retirement of attorney Joe Barnes.
- Haslam issues election writ for House seat vacated by Haynes Updated: Jun-16-15 4:35 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam has issued a writ of election to fill the state House seat vacated by new Tennessee Republican Party Chairman Ryan Haynes.
- Cruz names anti-Shariah activist Kookogey as Tenn. chairman Updated: Jun-09-15 3:04 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz has named anti-Shariah activist Kevin Kookogey as his state chairman for Tennessee.
- Tenn. AG: Lawmaker insurance info covered by open records Updated: Jun-08-15 6:03 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State Attorney General Herbert Slatery found in a legal opinion released Monday that the cost of lawmakers' health insurance coverage falls under Tennessee's open records laws.