- Latest: Texas man executed for fire that killed 3 children Updated: Nov-18-15 9:39 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - The latest on the Wednesday execution of Texas inmate Raphael Holiday (all times local):
- Perry's indictment in hands of top Texas criminal court Updated: Nov-18-15 4:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Attorneys for former Texas Gov. Rick Perry urged the state's highest criminal court Wednesday to dismiss felony abuse-of-power charges that the Republican blames in part for foiling his short-lived 2016 presidential run.
- Texas court: Death row inmate can testify against himself Updated: Nov-04-15 1:27 pm
HOUSTON - The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has ruled prosecutors can call a death row inmate to testify at a hearing despite 5th Amendment protections that allow defendants to refuse to testify against themselves.
- Appeals court again blocks DNA testing in slaying case Updated: Oct-28-15 11:37 am
HOUSTON - The state's highest criminal court again has reversed a trial judge's decision to allow additional DNA testing of evidence that a death row inmate contends could show he's not responsible for the slaying of suburban Houston college student nearly 17 years ago.
- Man on death row for killing Houston boy, 6, loses appeal Updated: Oct-28-15 11:19 am
HOUSTON - The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has upheld the death sentence of a man convicted in 2013 of the fatal stabbing 20 years earlier of a 6-year-old Houston boy.