- Saints add veteran receiver Brown, kicker Barth Updated: May-23-16 5:46 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says New Orleans has signed receiver Vincent Brown and kicker Connor Barth.
- Falcons' Vic Beasley Jr. samples new dual role as OLB and DE Updated: May-23-16 4:42 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Vic Beasley Jr. is learning a new position for his second season with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Panthers' Thompson cited in accident that injured ex-Duke QB Updated: May-23-16 4:11 pm
WEDDINGTON, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers linebacker Shaq Thompson was cited for a head-on accident that injured former Duke quarterback Anthony Boone over the weekend, a North Carolina Highway Patrol trooper said Monday.
- Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison buys mom a house Updated: May-23-16 4:05 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Damon Harrison hasn't played a game for the New York Giants and he has already started delivering.
- Mom of Giants' Apple to join ESPN's 'Sunday NFL Countdown' Updated: May-23-16 3:11 pm
BRISTOL, Connecticut - The mother of Giants first-round pick Eli Apple will make an NFL debut of her own this fall.
- Dallas Cowboys sign injured linebacker Jaylon Smith Updated: May-20-16 9:49 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys signed injured linebacker Jaylon Smith, their second-round draft pick, and former Baylor basketball player Rico Gathers on Friday.
- Minnesota businessman Wheelock Whitney Jr. dies Updated: May-20-16 6:00 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota businessman and former Vikings co-owner Wheelock Whitney Jr. has died. He was 89.
- Saints owner Tom Benson discusses why he disinherits kin Updated: May-20-16 5:57 pm
NEW ORLEANS - In a court deposition, Tom Benson said he ousted his daughter and grandchildren from executive positions in the Saints and Pelicans after a confrontation turned physical between his daughter, Renee, and his wife, Gayle.
- Out of the heat: Rangers plan $1B retractable-roof stadium Updated: May-20-16 5:26 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers could be playing in a new $1 billion retractable-roof stadium by 2021 and would remain in Arlington until at least 2054 under plans revealed Friday by the team and the city.
- Hearing set for suspect in killing of former Saints star Updated: May-20-16 11:52 am
NEW ORLEANS - With work still being done on the autopsy report on retired Saints defensive end Will Smith, attorneys in the criminal case against the man charged in his death agreed Friday to reschedule an evidence hearing.
- The Latest: Brief hearing reveals little in Will Smith case Updated: May-20-16 11:08 am
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on a court hearing for the suspect in the shooting death of retired New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith (all times local):
- QB Jake Rudock seems to be in good position with Lions Updated: May-19-16 6:41 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Jake Rudock seems to have landed in a good spot with the Detroit Lions.
- Poll: 9 in 10 Native Americans not offended by Redskins name Updated: May-19-16 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - A recent national poll found that nine of 10 Native Americans aren't offended by the Washington Redskins name.
- Ex-NFL player chosen to be next Pittsburgh schools head Updated: May-19-16 6:27 am
PITTSBURGH - Officials say a former professional football player has been tapped to be the next superintendent of Pittsburgh Public Schools.
- Saints sign 4th-round pick Onyemata to 4-year contract Updated: May-18-16 6:22 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints signed rookie defensive lineman David Onyemata to a four-year contract Wednesday.
- Cowboys sign 1st-round pick RB Elliott to $25M, 4-year deal Updated: May-18-16 4:13 pm
IRVING, Texas - Ezekiel Elliott has signed a four-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys that includes a $16 million signing bonus and is worth nearly $25 million overall for the Ohio State running back who was the fourth overall draft pick.
- Redskins' Cravens eager to learn how to be an NFL linebacker Updated: May-18-16 2:56 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Redskins rookie Su'a Cravens is far more comfortable being a student on the football field than a tourist on the streets of Washington.
- Palmer shrugs off 'big game' failure, expects big season Updated: May-17-16 6:03 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Carson Palmer had probably the finest season of his 13 years as an NFL quarterback. Yet he and the rest of the Arizona Cardinals must deal with the ugly way it ended in a blowout loss to Carolina in the NFC championship game.
- Sam Bradford has no regrets, ready to move on with Eagles Updated: May-17-16 3:59 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Sam Bradford plans to mentor Carson Wentz and lead the Philadelphia Eagles for as long as they keep him around.
- Redskins release wide receiver Andre Roberts Updated: May-17-16 10:32 am
ASHBURN, Virginia - The Washington Redskins released Andre Roberts on Tuesday, saving significant salary cap space and cutting ties with the wide receiver who had been a big-time free agent signing.
- Benson wins a court round in future of sports franchises Updated: May-16-16 8:07 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson won a key legal round Monday in his fight to leave ownership of his NFL and NBA team to his wife, rather than his estranged daughter and grandchildren.
- Seahawks sign LB Khairi Fortt, waives LB Christian French Updated: May-16-16 5:30 pm
RENTON, Washington - The Seattle Seahawks have signed linebacker Khairi Fortt after waiving linebacker Christian French due to an injury.
- World Rugby approves Jarryd Hayne's switch to 7s from NFL Updated: May-16-16 4:55 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Former San Francisco 49ers running back Jarryd Hayne was eligible to play for the Fiji sevens rugby team at the Olympics and as early as the world series event in London this weekend, World Rugby said on Monday.
- Panthers release CB Brandon Boykin; sign 5 tryout players Updated: May-16-16 3:05 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers didn't even wait to see cornerback Brandon Boykin in practice, cutting him before the official start of OTAs.
- Blank says work on Falcons' new stadium is on schedule Updated: May-16-16 2:44 pm
ATLANTA - As he awaits word on Atlanta's bid for to host a Super Bowl, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Monday construction of the team's new Mercedes-Benz Stadium is back on schedule to open in June, 2017.