- Longtime Lions stalwart Charlie Sanders dies at age 68 Updated: Jul-02-15 10:21 pm
DETROIT - Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders epitomized Detroit's blue-collar roots.
- Gates, Richardson, McClain each get 4-game NFL suspensions Updated: Jul-02-15 7:21 pm
Three-time All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates of San Diego will be suspended the first four games of the 2015 season along with New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson and Dallas linebacker Rolando McClain for violating NFL drug policies.
- Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders dies at age 68 Updated: Jul-02-15 5:36 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Lions say Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders has died at age 68.
- Packers pass rusher Datone Jones suspended for season opener Updated: Jul-02-15 4:48 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Packers defensive end Datone Jones has been suspended for the first game this season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended 1st 4 games of season Updated: Jul-02-15 3:57 pm
IRVING, Texas - Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been suspended for the first four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, putting two key Dallas defenders on the sideline to start the season with pass rusher Greg Hardy's 10-game ban.
- Redskins' name hinders DC's efforts for stadium site lease Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service won't grant the District of Columbia a new lease for the site of the Washington Redskins' old stadium in part because Interior Secretary Sally Jewell opposes the team's name.
- Pom-pom pay: California bill gives cheerleaders minimum wage Updated: Jul-01-15 4:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - They boost their teams from the sidelines and promote them by appearing in calendars and at fan events, but some sports cheerleaders say they are still not considered team employees and are paid what amounts to less than minimum wage.
- Worker injured at Falcons stadium construction site Updated: Jul-01-15 2:50 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities say a construction worker has been injured by a falling piece of scaffolding at the Atlanta Falcons stadium construction site.
- Ex-Cowboy Spillman charged with sexual assault in Texas Updated: Jul-01-15 12:39 pm
GRAPEVINE, Texas - Former Cowboys special teams player C.J. Spillman has been arrested on a sexual assault charge in an alleged 2014 incident at a Dallas-area hotel.
- Redskins name hinders DC's efforts for stadium site lease Updated: Jul-01-15 12:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service won't grant the District of Columbia a new lease for the site of the Washington Redskins' former stadium in part because Interior Secretary Sally Jewell opposes the team's name.
- Judge weighing Missouri lawmaker lawsuit over Rams stadium Updated: Jun-30-15 4:27 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri state lawmaker asked a judge to block Gov. Jay Nixon from working on plans to build a new NFL stadium in St. Louis, calling the effort a misuse of taxpayer dollars for an "illegal purpose."
- Eagles sign guard John Moffitt to 1-year deal Updated: Jun-29-15 4:40 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles have signed guard John Moffitt to a one-year contract and released guard Cole Manhart.
- Lions fan accused of using laser due in court in November Updated: Jun-29-15 12:33 pm
- Judge hears case over new St. Louis football stadium Updated: Jun-26-15 3:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge will decide whether a public vote is necessary on funding the construction of a new football stadium in downtown St. Louis, after hearing arguments in the case.
- Former Pro Bowl guard, Bears assistant Stanfel dies Updated: Jun-25-15 9:35 pm
- New Pitt AD Barnes focusing on football Updated: Jun-25-15 6:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Barnes has been on the job less than two weeks, yet the new Pittsburgh athletic director already has a clear vision about what should be the top item of his "to do" list. It's the same as the second. And the third. And the fourth.
- Ex-Detroit Lions coach Tommy Hudspeth dies at 83 Updated: Jun-25-15 4:47 pm
TORONTO - Tommy Hudspeth, a Detroit Lions coach in the 1970s who also coached in college at BYU and UTEP, has died at 83.
- Man gets jail for using Seahawks' names to get narcotics Updated: Jun-25-15 6:15 am
SPOKANE, Washington - A Spokane Valley man has been sentenced to six months in jail for faking on-the-job injuries and using the last names of Seattle Seahawks players to obtain prescription drugs.
- Benson's daughter, grandchildren appeal competency ruling Updated: Jun-24-15 8:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The daughter and grandchildren of Tom Benson are appealing last week's ruling that found the Saints and Pelicans owner mentally competent to make his own business decisions.
- Ex-NFL coach Haslett hired as Penn State's 'sounding board' Updated: Jun-24-15 12:28 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The coach who guided the New Orleans Saints through Hurricane Katrina has joined Penn State's football team as a consultant.
- Confederate flag case cited in Redskins trademark battle Updated: Jun-23-15 3:38 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A U.S. Supreme Court ruling last week on license plates and the Confederate flag could be bad news for the Washington Redskins.
- 250-300 people kicked out of Kenny Chesney concert Updated: Jun-23-15 10:52 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Police say as many as 300 people were kicked out of country music stars Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean's concert at Lambeau Field in Wisconsin.
- Lions sign veteran safety Taylor Mays Updated: Jun-22-15 6:14 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have signed free agent safety Taylor Mays.
- Richardson gives $100,000 to families of Charleston shooting Updated: Jun-20-15 10:51 pm
Jerry Richardson, the owner of the NFL's Carolina Panthers, has donated $100,000 to the families of the Charleston shooting to help cover burial costs of the victims.
- Polish prospect: Vikings give giant 27-year-old tackle a try Updated: Jun-19-15 5:21 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Babatunde Aiyegbusi has limited American football experience in leagues in Germany and his native Poland. Yet the 27-year-old offensive tackle is getting a shot at the NFL.