- Panthers' secondary eager to break out of front 7's shadow Updated: Aug-01-15 8:21 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - The Carolina Panthers' secondary is eager to finally break out from the shadows of the perennially strong front seven this season.
- Panthers WR Hill will have MRI after injuring right leg Updated: Aug-01-15 8:20 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Panthers wide receiver Stephen Hill will have an MRI on his right leg after being carted off the field Saturday.
- Mason confident there'll be no drop-off while Gurley rehabs Updated: Aug-01-15 7:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - Draft day could not have been a pleasant experience for St. Louis Rams running back Tre Mason. Imagine how jarring it must have been to see his team take Todd Gurley with the 10th overall pick.
- Buccaneers hungry for success after disappointing season Updated: Aug-01-15 7:51 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are eager to distance themselves from their worst finish in nearly three decades.
- Healthy Palmer says arm strong as ever, maybe stronger Updated: Aug-01-15 7:14 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Lost in all the talk about Carson Palmer's season-ending torn ACL is the shoulder injury that sidelined him for three games early last season.
- McPhee sees Bears striking fear in opponents Updated: Aug-01-15 7:11 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - Linebacker Pernell McPhee envisions a day when the Chicago Bears strike fear in opposing offenses, and he sees it happening sooner rather than later.
- Tomsula begins camp doing things his way, with player input Updated: Aug-01-15 6:52 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula walked through the cafeteria on Day 1 and fist-bumped a chef from across the high counter, then asked another member of the kitchen staff about her family.
- Cowboys welcome McClain despite issues with knee, suspension Updated: Aug-01-15 6:44 pm
OXNARD, California - Rolando McClain's surgically repaired right knee isn't ready for training camp, and the Dallas linebacker will miss the first four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.
- In 14th season, Hill's career comes full circle with Vikings Updated: Aug-01-15 6:26 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Shaun Hill's wife, Ashton, asked him this question midway through the offseason: If there were one place the veteran quarterback would like to live for the rest of his life, where would that be?
- Williams expects plenty of carries with Steeleers Updated: Aug-01-15 6:14 pm
LATROBE, Pennsylvania - DeAngelo Williams is used to splitting carries.
- 49ers rookie Hayne reiterates apology for offensive comments Updated: Aug-01-15 5:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - On the opening day of his first NFL training camp, former Australian rugby league star Jarryd Hayne reiterated how sorry he is for offensive comments last month about Jews that drew criticism from the Anti-Defamation League and others.
- Led by rugged Lacy, the Packers break out the pads in camp Updated: Aug-01-15 5:44 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - For the first time since their stunning loss in the NFC championship game in late January, the Green Bay Packers put on the pads Saturday.
- Minus All-Pro safeties, Seattle giving Terrell, Shead a shot Updated: Aug-01-15 5:05 pm
RENTON, Washington - Part of what has made the Seattle Seahawks' defense the best in the NFL in recent seasons is the combination of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor at safety.
- Saints' Tim Lelito in line for left guard spot Updated: Aug-01-15 4:21 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - When the New Orleans Saints traded guard Ben Grubbs to the Kansas City Chiefs in March, coach Sean Payton hinted they wouldn't have done it without a solid plan.
- Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall returns from 2 Achilles operations Updated: Aug-01-15 3:53 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - No one around the Washington Redskins harbors doubt about whether DeAngelo Hall has the know-how and competitive spirit necessary to come back from two - count 'em, two! - operations on a torn Achilles tendon.
- Falcons' Tamme making easy transition to life after Manning Updated: Aug-01-15 3:50 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta tight end Jacob Tamme was worried about playing with another quarterback after catching passes from Peyton Manning most of his career with Indianapolis and Denver.
- Redskins' Breeland expected to miss 4-6 weeks with bad knee Updated: Aug-01-15 3:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden says cornerback Bashaud Breeland is expected to miss four to six weeks with an MCL problem in his right knee.
- Scott Rodeo replaces Russ Warren as Giants team doctor Updated: Aug-01-15 2:11 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Dr. Russ Warren is stepping down as the New York Giants team doctor after 31 years.
- Pads go on at Dolphins camp; Suh finds new gear Updated: Aug-01-15 1:36 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Poor Billy Turner. The second-year offensive lineman probably thought he was ready for what was coming Saturday, the first day of in-pads work at the Miami Dolphins training camp.
- Troubles haven't slowed down for NFL Updated: Aug-01-15 12:15 pm
Shattered cellphones. Fireworks accidents. Failed drug tests.
- No injuries as bleacher section buckles after practice Updated: Jul-31-15 9:44 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Fans straining to get autographs from receivers Odell Beckham Jr. and Victor Cruz caused a section of temporary bleachers to buckle slightly after the New York Giants' first training camp practice Friday.
- Cowboys' Romo misses camp practice with sty in left eye Updated: Jul-31-15 9:35 pm
OXNARD, California - Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo missed the second full practice of training camp Friday because of a sty in his left eye.
- Confident Arians aims for the top as Cardinals open camp Updated: Jul-31-15 9:21 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Coach Bruce Arians says he has one expectation for the Arizona Cardinals - a Super Bowl championship.
- Skins CB Breeland suspended by NFL, then injured at practice Updated: Jul-31-15 9:08 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - On a tumultuous day for Washington Redskins cornerback Bashaud Breeland, the second-year player was suspended by the NFL on Friday, nearly a year after being cited for marijuana possession, then was carted off the field because he got injured in practice.
- As camp begins, Rams know they want Foles long-term Updated: Jul-31-15 8:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - Before playing a down, Nick Foles has made a big impression on the St. Louis Rams.