- Brewers' Gomez leaves game after crashing into seats Updated: Jun-03-15 3:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Milwaukee third baseman Hector Gomez crashed into the stands behind third and left the game against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Crawford homers but Giants drop fourth straight Updated: Jun-03-15 2:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A fourth straight loss at home didn't bother Giants manager Bruce Bochy as much as his ballclub's inability to get hits in key situations.
- McCutchen leads Pirates past Giants, 7-4 Updated: Jun-03-15 1:39 am
- Cardinals return favor, beat Brewers 1-0 Updated: Jun-03-15 12:29 am
ST. LOUIS - Tyler Cravy anticipated there would be a lot more nerves accompanying his major league debut. The 26-year-old right-hander gave the Milwaukee Brewers far, far more than they could have hoped for.
- Cardinals return favor, beat Brewers 1-0 Updated: Jun-03-15 12:04 am
ST. LOUIS - Matt Holliday's on-base streak ended at a National League-record 45 games to start the season long before Trevor Rosenthal got a double-play ball for the final outs.
- Reds lose 5-4 to Phillies on Ruf's walkoff single Updated: Jun-02-15 11:33 pm
PHILADELPHIA - It was a tough night for the Cincinnati Reds' outfielders.
- Baserunning mistake costly as Cubs lose to Marlins 5-2 Updated: Jun-02-15 11:29 pm
MIAMI - Trailing by three runs, the Chicago Cubs mounted a bases-loaded threat in the ninth inning that turned out to be fleeting.
- Cubs rookie Soler misses game at Miami with ankle injury Updated: Jun-02-15 11:23 pm
MIAMI - Chicago Cubs right fielder Jorge Soler sat out a game for the first time this year Tuesday because of an ankle injury, and manager Joe Maddon didn't rule out the possibility of a stint on the disabled list.
- Ruf's walkoff single leads Phillies past Reds, 5-4 Updated: Jun-02-15 11:16 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Phillies finally got some offense and in the late innings no less.
- Brad Hand pitches Marlins past Cubs 5-2 Updated: Jun-02-15 11:05 pm
MIAMI - Miami Marlins left-hander Brad Hand stood at his locker eager to talk about a rare win, but the clubhouse stereo made conversation impossible, so he just smiled while rapper 2 Chainz's "Birthday Song" blared away.
- Reds OF Byrd fractures right wrist Updated: Jun-02-15 10:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Cincinnati outfielder Marlon Byrd fractured his right wrist when he was hit by a pitch in the Reds' 5-4 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night.
- Holliday's on-base streak ends at 45 after ejection Updated: Jun-02-15 10:21 pm
- Brewers OF Davis has surgery Updated: Jun-02-15 9:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Khris Davis underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and will be sidelined 4-6 weeks.
- As baseball goes high-tech, stealing a base still old school Updated: Jun-02-15 3:10 am
CINCINNATI - Billy Hamilton doesn't bother to watch video of pitchers' moves to home plate. When he reaches first, one of baseball's top base stealers goes more by observation and instinct.
- Garcia effort wasted in Cardinals' 1-0 loss to Brewers Updated: Jun-02-15 1:05 am
ST. LOUIS - In all three of Jaime Garcia's starts, the left-hander has given the St. Louis Cardinals a chance to win. He's not even thinking about the shoulder woes that have cost him much of the last two seasons.
- Cishek sent to minors after Marlins lose to Cubs 5-1 Updated: Jun-01-15 11:26 pm
- Brewers activate Lucroy from 15-day DL Updated: Jun-01-15 5:45 pm
- Correction: Diamondbacks-Brewers story Updated: Jun-01-15 3:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - In a story May 30 about the Diamondbacks-Brewers game, The Associated Press erroneously described the batting stance of Arizona first baseman Paul Goldschmidt and batting average when he plays in Milwaukee. He hits right-handed and his average at Miller Park was .489 following Saturday's game, not .511.
- Pirates' Locke roughed up in 4 innings of 7-1 loss to Padres Updated: Jun-01-15 2:24 am
SAN DIEGO - Jeff Locke's tough outing may have put his next start for the Pirates in question.
- Despaigne leads Padres to 7-1 win over Pirates Updated: Jun-01-15 1:23 am
SAN DIEGO - Out with the tricks and back to basics for San Diego's Odrisamer Despaigne.
- Brewers place Khris Davis on DL with right knee injury Updated: May-31-15 10:06 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Brewers have placed Khris Davis on the 15-day disabled list after the left fielder tore the meniscus in his right knee.
- Nationals swept by Reds Updated: May-31-15 9:08 pm
- Votto walks on ball 3; Reds sweep Nationals, 8-2 Updated: May-31-15 8:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Ball three. Take your base.
- Royals fall short in 2-1 loss to Cubs in 11 innings Updated: May-31-15 8:27 pm
- Ross hits winning single in 11th, Cubs beat Royals 2-1 Updated: May-31-15 7:56 pm
CHICAGO - David Ross did just fine when he swung away.