- Arrieta wins 16th straight decision as Cubs beat Brewers 7-2 Updated: Apr-28-16 7:39 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid for a second straight no-hitter was dashed on his fifth pitch. His Wrigley Field scoreless streak ended at 52 2/3 innings.
- Under Clint Hurdle's new plan, Pirates hitting .294 in April Updated: Apr-28-16 5:06 pm
DENVER - Pirates manager Clint Hurdle has found a winning formula - regular rest for his players combined with a few other ingredients.
- Cubs' Kris Bryant injures right ankle running bases Updated: Apr-28-16 4:57 pm
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant of the Chicago Cubs hurt his right ankle while running the bases.
- Story's pursuit of rookie homer record for April on hold Updated: Apr-28-16 3:57 pm
DENVER - One less game in April for Trevor Story. One less opportunity to match - maybe even break - a rookie homer record for the month.
- Arrieta's bid for 2nd straight no-hitter ends on 5th pitch Updated: Apr-28-16 3:55 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid to become the second pitcher to throw consecutive no-hitters has ended with a broken-bat single on his fifth pitch.
- Cubs C Montero headed to DL; Federowicz called up from Iowa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs catcher Miguel Montero is headed to the 15-day disabled list with lower back tightness.
- Brewers 2B Scooter Gennett to DL with oblique tightness Updated: Apr-28-16 11:11 am
CHICAGO - The Milwaukee Brewers have placed second baseman Scooter Gennett on the 15-day disabled list with right oblique tightness.
- Rockies rally, lose to Pirates 9-8 in 12 innings Updated: Apr-28-16 3:30 am
DENVER - For the second time in four days, the Colorado Rockies roared back from a big deficit only to lose late.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Mercer's double in 12th lifts Pirates over Rockies 9-8 Updated: Apr-28-16 2:45 am
DENVER - Jordy Mercer's defense helped get the game to extra innings and his offense put Pittsburgh over the top.
- Diamondbacks lose 11-4 to Cardinals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:01 am
PHOENIX - Patrick Corbin had a chance to end St. Louis' rally if he could just get the pitcher out with the bases loaded.
- Cardinals bash past Diamondbacks 11-4 Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 am
PHOENIX - The pitcher's spot in the order came up with the bases loaded in the fifth inning, a critical juncture in what had been a close game.
- Reds hang close again but get swept by Mets Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 am
NEW YORK - Facing the defending National League champions on their home turf was going to be a tough task for Cincinnati.
- Walker's 9th HR helps Mets beat Reds 5-2 to win 6th straight Updated: Apr-28-16 12:15 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets let Daniel Murphy go in free agency this offseason after his power surge last fall propelled them to the World Series.
- Jake Arrieta waits as Brewers and Cubs postponed by rain Updated: Apr-27-16 8:31 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta will have to wait another day for his chance to match Johnny Vander Meer.
- Rockies place LHP De La Rosa on 15-day DL Updated: Apr-27-16 6:49 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies have placed left-hander Jorge De La Rosa on the 15-day disabled list with a left groin strain and recalled righty Eddie Butler from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Braun's pinch-hit double not enough as Brewers fall to Cubs Updated: Apr-27-16 12:57 am
- McCutchen has 3 homers through 6 innings vs. Rockies Updated: Apr-26-16 11:43 pm
- Mets put catcher d'Arnaud on DL with strained rotator cuff Updated: Apr-26-16 6:01 pm
NEW YORK - Mets catcher Travis d'Arnaud has been placed on the disabled list for the fifth straight season.
- Cardinals OF Matt Holliday leaves game with leg cramp Updated: Apr-25-16 10:55 pm
- Reds' Phillips extends hit streak, then hit by pitch, exits Updated: Apr-25-16 9:05 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips has been hit in the finger by a pitch from Mets ace Noah Syndergaard and forced to exit the game Monday night.
- Right at home: Reds' Phillips has 33-game hit streak at Mets Updated: Apr-25-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds star Brandon Phillips once again was a hit in New York.
- Reds RF Bruce put on paternity list, RHP Somsen promoted Updated: Apr-25-16 6:39 pm
NEW YORK - The Cincinnati Reds have put right fielder Jay Bruce on the three-day paternity list and called up right-hander reliever Layne Somsen from Triple-A Louisville.
- Brewers' Ryan Braun healthy, off to good start at plate Updated: Apr-25-16 1:54 pm
MILWAUKEE - Ryan Braun is healthy again, and it's showing with his swing.