- McCutchen hits 2-run homer in Pirates' 5-2 loss to Indians Updated: Jul-04-15 2:42 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates trailed by one run when rain stopped play for more than two hours in the bottom of the seventh inning. After play resumed, Cleveland added to its lead in the top of the eighth and snapped Pittsburgh's three-game win streak.
- Bourn has 3 RBIs to lead Indians to 5-2 win over Pirates Updated: Jul-04-15 1:45 am
PITTSBURGH - Michael Bourn believes Cleveland's five-game winning streak is proof the Indians are going to be in contention down the stretch despite a slow start.
- Cardinals lose again at home, 2-1 to Padres Updated: Jul-04-15 12:33 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal was philosophical about the end of his 23-appearance scoreless streak on Friday night.
- Lorenzen doesn't last long in Reds' 12-1 loss to Brewers Updated: Jul-04-15 12:30 am
CINCINNATI - Reds rookie Michael Lorenzen did not last very long against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Gyorko's 9th-inning RBI gives Padres 2-1 win over Cardinals Updated: Jul-04-15 12:08 am
ST. LOUIS - Jedd Gyorko learned a lot on his recent trip to the minor leagues.
- Gomez grand slam highlights Brewers' 12-1 win over Reds Updated: Jul-03-15 11:39 pm
CINCINNATI - The Brewers picked up in Cincinnati right where they left off in Philadelphia.
- Offense can't support Hammel in Cubs 2-1 loss to Marlins Updated: Jul-03-15 7:12 pm
CHICAGO - Jason Hammel knows that quality pitching is one reason why the Chicago Cubs continue to play meaningful baseball.
- Home runs, Koehler lift Marlins to 2-1 win over Cubs Updated: Jul-03-15 7:05 pm
CHICAGO - Justin Bour spent five years in the minor league system for the Cubs.
- Reds place coach on administrative leave following arrest Updated: Jul-03-15 5:10 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds have placed assistant hitting coach Lee Tinsley on administrative leave following his arrest on Thursday morning on a charge of driving while impaired.
- Brewers recall rookie pitchers Cravy, Goforth Updated: Jul-03-15 4:50 pm
CINCINNATI - The Milwaukee Brewers beefed up their bullpen on Friday, recalling rookie right-handers Tyler Cravy and David Goforth from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Experts: Hacking probe will stretch if Cards execs involved Updated: Jul-03-15 3:00 am
HOUSTON - The federal hacking investigation of the St. Louis Cardinals could take longer if high-level executives are implicated in the breach of the Houston Astros' database, according to legal experts.
- Lind's RBI single in 11th lifts Brewers over Phillies 8-7 Updated: Jul-02-15 11:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Milwaukee Brewers came to Philadelphia with the second-worst record in the majors and left with the longest winning streak.
- Cardinals place OF Jon Jay on 15-day disabled list Updated: Jul-02-15 8:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals placed outfielder Jon Jay on the 15-day disabled list with a left wrist stress reaction and bone bruise on Thursday, making room on the roster for call-up Tim Cooney to start against the San Diego Padres.
- Cardinals fire scouting director Correa amid hacking scandal Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 pm
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- DeGrom frustrated, Mets feeble as Cubs complete 3-game sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Jacob deGrom delivered the most telling blow for the New York Mets.
- Herrera's bunt, blast leads Cubs over feeble Mets for sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Jonathan Herrera and Miguel Montero homered, the Chicago Cubs didn't really need the extra runs.
- Quintana paces White Sox to 7-1 win over Cardinals Updated: Jul-02-15 2:57 am
- Cards' Garcia ruled out for Thursday, no DL move expected Updated: Jul-01-15 5:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jaime Garcia has been pushed back again and won't start Thursday for the St. Louis Cardinals because of what the pitcher calls a left groin strain.
- Cueto goes 8 innings, Reds beat Twins 2-1 to take series Updated: Jul-01-15 4:42 pm
CINCINNATI - Johnny Cueto got a standing ovation from the crowd of 26,459 as he walked off the field after pitching the eighth inning, giving him what could be a final send-off.
- Twins get only 4 hits off Cueto, lose to Reds 2-1 Updated: Jul-01-15 4:26 pm
CINCINNATI - Trevor May recovered nicely from the worst start of his career, giving a quality performance. Cincinnati's Johnny Cueto was even better.
- Reds fall to Twins 8-5 after long weather delay Updated: Jul-01-15 1:17 am
CINCINNATI - After a long wait to get started, Anthony DeSclafani had a hard time doing anything quickly.
- Trying to make hitting skid disappear, Maddon hires magician Updated: Jun-30-15 7:57 pm
NEW YORK - Hoping to make a hitting slump disappear, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon tried a trick.
- Garcia questionable for Thursday, Belisle placed on DL Updated: Jun-30-15 7:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals lefty Jaime Garcia is a question mark for Thursday's start, still struggling to return from a groin cramp in his last start.