- Cubs beat Brewers 4-3 to finish 4-game sweep; Bryant hurt Updated: Aug-02-15 9:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - Kris Bryant left the game feeling a little woozy. Hector Rondon nearly squandered a three-run lead in the ninth inning. Joe Maddon got ejected.
- Rockies road trip ends with another 1-run loss Updated: Aug-02-15 8:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Walt Weiss has had his fill of one-run losses on this road trip.
- Brewers' bats scuffle, Lohse struggles in 4-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-02-15 7:47 pm
MILWAUKEE - Scoring runs was an issue for the Milwaukee Brewers even before trade deadline deals left them turning to backups to fill huge holes in the lineup.
- Cardinals' Moss helps new team win with game-ending single Updated: Aug-02-15 7:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - Brandon Moss felt as if he got a new baseball life after he was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday.
- Padres fall short of a sweep in Miami, fall to Marlins 5-2 Updated: Aug-02-15 6:00 pm
MIAMI - Alexi Amarista gave the San Diego Padres a chance.
- Reds lose to Pirates in Sampson's first starts Updated: Aug-02-15 5:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Reds rookie starter Keyvius Sampson pitched well in his first career start, the effort all but overshadowed by a benches-clearing scrum.
- Hechavarria hits a walkoff HR, Marlins top Padres 5-2 Updated: Aug-02-15 4:33 pm
- Pirates earn split with 3-0 win over Reds Updated: Aug-02-15 4:27 pm
- Cubs rookie Kris Bryant leaves game after headfirst slide Updated: Aug-02-15 4:11 pm
- Benches clear in Pirates-Reds shoving match Updated: Aug-02-15 3:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Both benches and bullpens cleared and there was some shoving after Cincinnati's Brandon Phillips was hit by a pitch by Pittsburgh left-hander Tony Watson in the eighth inning on Sunday.
- Piscotty gets 2 more hits in Cardinals' 6-2 loss to Rockies Updated: Aug-01-15 11:55 pm
ST. LOUIS - Every once in a while, St. Louis outfielder Stephen Piscotty has to pinch himself.
- Pirates ace Cole loses to Reds again Updated: Aug-01-15 10:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Gerrit Cole made only a couple of mistakes. Against the Reds, that is enough to wind up losing again.
- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks Updated: Aug-01-15 9:20 pm
CHICAGO - Top of the first, one out. It's a Friday in July, the start of a holiday weekend, and the Chicago Cubs are hosting the Miami Marlins.
- Rockies place Kendrick, Dickerson on disabled list Updated: Aug-01-15 6:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Colorado Rockies have placed right-hander Kyle Kendrick and outfielder Corey Dickerson on the 15-day disabled list.
- J.A. Happ joins Pirates, LHP LaFromboise sent back to minors Updated: Aug-01-15 6:17 pm
CINCINNATI - Left-hander J.A. Happ joined the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday and threw in the bullpen, getting ready to join a rotation that'll need him for at least a few weeks.
- Cardinals get reliever Jonathan Broxton from Brewers Updated: Aug-01-15 10:44 am
- Haren dealt by Marlins to Cubs for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Aug-01-15 10:38 am
- Brewers trade veterans, begin build for future Updated: Aug-01-15 2:15 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers didn't turn the page on the 2015 season. They slammed the book shut.
- Reds can't break through in 9th, lose to Pirates 5-4 Updated: Jul-31-15 11:36 pm
CINCINNATI - Starling Marte threw out Brandon Phillips at the plate for the second out in the ninth. Then he made a diving catch to end it.
- Leake will make his Giants' debut Sunday at Texas Updated: Jul-31-15 9:37 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Mike Leake is replacing Tim Hudson in San Francisco's rotation, and the newly acquired right-hander will make his Giants' debut in their series finale Sunday at Texas.
- Pirates acquire starter Happ, 1B Morse in trades Updated: Jul-31-15 8:08 pm
CINCINNATI - The Pittsburgh Pirates didn't enter the final 24 hours before the trade deadline looking for a starting pitcher. The state of A.J. Burnett's elbow quickly made them change their mind.
- Cubs acquire reliever Hunter from Orioles for Lake Updated: Jul-31-15 5:24 pm
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- With baseball's 2nd-worst record, a lost season for Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 4:27 pm
MIAMI - Ace right-hander Jose Fernandez is unbeaten and perhaps stronger than ever after recovering from elbow surgery. Giancarlo Stanton remains one of baseball's top power hitters. Dee Gordon is among the game's leaders in batting average and stolen bases. Adeiny Hechavarria has become an All-Star shortstop.
- Orioles get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-31-15 1:39 pm
BALTIMORE - The Orioles filled one of their most pressing needs Friday by obtaining left fielder Gerardo Parra from the Milwaukee Brewers for a minor league right-hander Zach Davies.