- Cubs recall Beeler to start second game against Cardinals Updated: Jul-07-15 1:03 pm
- Fan hit by line drive and injured during Braves-Brewers game Updated: Jul-07-15 10:42 am
MILWAUKEE - A woman sitting several rows behind the Milwaukee Brewers' dugout was injured Monday night when she was hit by a line drive off the bat of Atlanta's Eury Perez.
- Back home, Brewers end 8-game win streak, lose 5-3 to Braves Updated: Jul-07-15 3:00 am
MILWAUKEE - Back after a perfect road trip, the Milwaukee Brewers struggled at home again.
- Braves win 5-3 to end Brewers' 8-game winning streak Updated: Jul-07-15 2:30 am
MILWAUKEE - Braves rookie Matt Wisler made his second career road start Monday night. He fared much better this time around against the hottest team in the majors.
- Cubs squander strong performance from Lester in 6-0 loss Updated: Jul-07-15 1:44 am
- Lackey outduels Lester, leads Cardinals to 6-0 win over Cubs Updated: Jul-07-15 1:36 am
CHICAGO - John Lackey beat one of his good friends. He also got some timely help from one of his teammates.
- Alvarez's RBI single in 9th lifts Pirates past Padres, 2-1 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:32 am
PITTSBURGH - Pedro Alvarez wasn't thinking about family matters with the game on the line.
- Padres beaten by manager's son-in-law in 2-1 loss to Pirates Updated: Jul-07-15 12:30 am
PITTSBURGH - The San Diego Padres' latest loss was more personal for interim manager Pat Murphy than other defeats.
- Span, Escobar injured in Nationals' 3-2 loss to Reds Updated: Jul-06-15 11:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The defeat itself was tough enough to swallow. Losing the top two players in the batting order, well, that pretty much made the night a total loss for the Washington Nationals.
- Suarez's homer breaks deadlock, Reds beat Nationals 3-2 Updated: Jul-06-15 11:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Eugenio Suarez could only watch and hope as the baseball headed toward the left-field foul pole.
- Cubs LHP Jon Lester loses no-hit bid in 7th against Cards Updated: Jul-06-15 10:14 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs pitcher Jon Lester lost his no-hit bid against the St. Louis Cardinals when Jhonny Peralta singled with one out in the seventh inning Monday night.
- Cubs pitcher Jon Lester gets 1st career hit in 67th at-bat Updated: Jul-06-15 9:41 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs pitcher Jon Lester has singled for his first major league hit after 66 fruitless at-bats - plus five more in the World Series.
- Pirates put Josh Harrison on 15-day DL with thumb injury Updated: Jul-06-15 5:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates third baseman and leadoff hitter Josh Harrison was placed on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a left thumb injury.
- Cincinnati offers baseball history along with All-Star Game Updated: Jul-06-15 10:33 am
CINCINNATI - The city hosting baseball's All-Star Game this year was the home of a team that played like all-stars back in 1869.
- Famous Chicago hot dogs making comeback at Wrigley Updated: Jul-06-15 4:05 am
CHICAGO - One of Chicago's favorite hot dog stands may be closed, but its hot dogs are making a comeback at Wrigley Field.
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.
- Marlins offense quiet in 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-05-15 7:45 pm
CHICAGO - The frustration is mounting for the Miami Marlins.
- Coghlan, Hendricks lead Cubs to 2-0 win over Marlins Updated: Jul-05-15 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - Manager Joe Maddon is not concerned about the Cubs' lack of offense - as long as they're still winning.
- Indians shut down by Cole after fast start Updated: Jul-05-15 6:30 pm
- Pham hits 1st MLB homer and drives in 3, Cards top Padres Updated: Jul-05-15 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rookie outfielder Tommy Pham has done almost everything right in his first three starts with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cole posts majors-leading 12th win, Pirates beat Indians Updated: Jul-05-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Down 3-0 after the third inning on the heels of two uneven starts, Gerrit Cole didn't get angry or flustered.
- Brewers extend win streak to 8 games with 6-1 victory Updated: Jul-05-15 5:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Taylor Jungmann kept the Milwaukee Brewers rolling.
- Leake, Reds swept by Brewers Updated: Jul-05-15 5:29 pm
CINCINNATI - Mike Leake improved from his last start. Against the Milwaukee Brewers this weekend, that wasn't enough.
- Marte leaves game with discomfort in left side Updated: Jul-05-15 4:05 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates left fielder Starling Marte left Sunday's game against the Cleveland Indians because of discomfort in his left side while batting in the fourth inning.