- Rockies trade Brothers to Cubs for Cabrera Updated: Nov-25-15 2:32 pm
- Back up: Brewers OF Ryan Braun optimistic following surgery Updated: Nov-25-15 1:19 pm
MILWAUKEE - Nearly two months after back surgery, Milwaukee Brewers right fielder Ryan Braun said he is feeling well and is optimistic that he will be back to 100 percent for spring training.
- Cubs minor leaguer Griggs suspended 50 games for drug test Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs pitcher Tanner Griggs has been suspended for the first 50 games of next season after a positive test for amphetamine under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Catcher Geovany Soto and Angels agree to $2.8 million deal Updated: Nov-25-15 12:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Free-agent catcher Geovany Soto and the Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a $2.8 million, one-year contract.
- Pirates get right-hander Webster from Arizona for cash Updated: Nov-25-15 11:24 am
- Brewers to open spring training schedule against UWM Updated: Nov-23-15 8:32 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers will open their 2016 spring training schedule on March 2 against the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- McClendon hired to manage Triple-A Toledo Updated: Nov-23-15 5:23 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Lloyd McClendon is returning to the Detroit organization as manager of the Tigers' Triple-A team.
- Cubs acquire RHP Patton from Rangers for Delarosa Updated: Nov-20-15 5:41 pm
- Brewers send Luis Sardinas to Mariners for Ramon Flores Updated: Nov-20-15 4:00 pm
MILWAUKEE - New Brewers general manager David Stearns made a trade for the third straight day, dealing infielder Luis Sardinas to the Seattle Mariners on Friday for outfielder Ramon Flores.
- Astros trade Jonathan Villar to Brewers for Cy Sneed Updated: Nov-19-15 6:38 pm
HOUSTON - The Astros have traded infielder Jonathan Villar to the Milwaukee Brewers for minor league pitcher Cy Sneed.
- MLB schedule: Mets-KC open Sunday, Pirates-Miami in San Juan Updated: Nov-19-15 5:29 pm
- Cubs claim lefty Leathersich off waivers from Mets Updated: Nov-19-15 4:11 pm
- Arrieta wins NL Cy Young Award; Keuchel takes AL honor Updated: Nov-18-15 10:07 pm
NEW YORK - Jake Arrieta posted one final win, perhaps against his most formidable competition yet.
- New charges filed against man in St. Louis robbery-shooting Updated: Nov-18-15 5:33 pm
ST. LOUIS - A man already facing state charges in a robbery shooting that wounded and paralyzed a man as he left a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game with his girlfriend was indicted Wednesday by federal grand jurors on seven felony counts.
- Ron Roenicke returns to LA Angels as third base coach Updated: Nov-18-15 4:09 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ron Roenicke is returning to the Los Angeles Angels as manager Mike Scioscia's third base coach.
- Red Sox DH Ortiz to retire after 2016 season Updated: Nov-18-15 3:52 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, Boston's beloved "Big Papi" who helped the cursed franchise end its dynasty of disappointment and cursed out the bombers who attacked his adopted city, said on Wednesday he will play one more year before retiring.
- Tigers acquire closer Rodriguez in trade with Milwaukee Updated: Nov-18-15 3:21 pm
DETROIT - The Tigers are turning to Francisco Rodriguez in their latest attempt to shore up the back end of their bullpen.
- Cubs' Maddon, Texas' Banister selected Managers of the Year Updated: Nov-18-15 4:25 am
NEW YORK - Joe Maddon and Jeff Banister were a huge hit in their new jobs. Now, immediate team success has reaped individual rewards.
- Cubs' Bryant, Astros' Correa voted top MLB rookies Updated: Nov-16-15 10:11 pm
NEW YORK - Big expectations followed Kris Bryant and Carlos Correa from the moment each was drafted just a few years ago.
- Man who ran on field during Reds game gets probation Updated: Nov-13-15 4:27 am
CINCINNATI - A 19-year-old Indiana man is getting one year of probation and has been ordered to perform 100 hours of community service for running onto the field during a Cincinnati Reds home game in July.
- Renteria: No ill will toward Cubs for awkward firing Updated: Nov-11-15 5:46 pm
CHICAGO - New Chicago White Sox bench coach Rick Renteria insisted he has no ill will toward the Cubs for his awkward firing as their manager last fall.
- Cardinals great Lou Brock recovering after leg amputation Updated: Nov-11-15 3:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer Lou Brock, a former base stealing champion, has had his left leg amputated below the knee due to an infection related to diabetes.
- Playoff teams figure winning helps them in free agency Updated: Nov-11-15 3:03 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Now that they're playoff teams for a change, the Blue Jays, Cubs and Mets believe they can make a winning sales pitch to free agents.
- Baseball writers announce finalists for major awards Updated: Nov-10-15 9:27 pm
NEW YORK - Washington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper is one of three finalists for the NL MVP award from teams that failed to make the playoffs.
- Cardinals' Lance Lynn has Tommy John surgery Updated: Nov-10-15 5:22 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn had surprise Tommy John surgery Tuesday and will be sidelined all of next season.