- Cardinals C Molina out of lineup for Game 4 of NLDS Updated: Oct-13-15 2:29 pm
CHICAGO - St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina is out of the lineup for Game 4 of the NL Division Series because of weakness in his left thumb.
- Pittsburgh investigating officer's takedown slam of Cubs fan Updated: Oct-13-15 10:33 am
- Cardinals manager Matheny trying MLB-approved iPad in dugout Updated: Oct-13-15 2:59 am
CHICAGO - When St. Louis manager Mike Matheny has to make a pivotal decision in the playoffs, he can pull a scouting report from his pocket. He can ask a coach to look at notes the Cardinals brought to the bench.
- Record-setting day of postseason homers Updated: Oct-13-15 1:42 am
From Carlos Correa to Yoenis Cespedes, baseball's sluggers put on quite a show.
- Cardinals fall to Arrieta, Cubs 8-6, trail 2-1 in NLDS Updated: Oct-12-15 11:55 pm
CHICAGO - Jason Heyward and the St. Louis Cardinals did exactly what they wanted to do against Jake Arrieta.
- Cubs hit 6 home runs, top Cardinals 8-6 for 2-1 lead in NLDS Updated: Oct-12-15 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - The young sluggers of the Chicago Cubs are making themselves at home in the playoffs.
- Cubs SS Russell leaves with left hamstring tightness Updated: Oct-12-15 7:44 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs shortstop Addison Russell has left Game 3 of the NL Division Series against the Cardinals due to tightness in his left hamstring.
- Cubs find spark, support from other teams as well as fans Updated: Oct-12-15 1:22 pm
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant remembers the charged atmosphere when the Chicago Blackhawks paraded around Wrigley Field with the Stanley Cup after they won yet another championship.
- Clean slide or dirty play? The take on Utley's takeout Updated: Oct-11-15 10:46 pm
NEW YORK - This much is certain: Anyone who bemoans that baseball's gone soft never covered second base with Chase Utley bearing down on a potential double play.
- Friends rally for woman hit by foul ball at Brewers game Updated: Oct-11-15 1:04 pm
MILWAUKEE - A woman who was seriously hurt by a foul ball at a Milwaukee Brewers game this summer is getting some help from her friends.
- Baseball magazine vendor takes on Cubs, city Updated: Oct-11-15 12:37 pm
CHICAGO - A cable TV ad salesman by day, Matt Smerge had hoped to join in the Chicago Cubs' smashing success this year - the 19th selling his own, low-budget baseball magazine for $2 a copy right outside Wrigley Field. Nearly all the profits, he says, go into a college fund for his teenage son.
- Cubs put squeeze on Cardinals, even NLDS with 6-3 win Updated: Oct-10-15 10:05 pm
- Cardinals say Garcia removed due to stomach virus Updated: Oct-10-15 7:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia was removed due to a stomach virus after two shaky innings of Game 2 in the NL Division Series.
- Cubs closer Rondon stuck in bullpen bathroom after Game 1 Updated: Oct-10-15 7:07 pm
ST. LOUIS - Chicago Cubs closer Hector Rondon got stuck in the bullpen bathroom for several minutes during Game 1 of the NL Division Series.
- Who's the big Dawg on baseball playoff rosters? S-E-C! Updated: Oct-10-15 1:39 pm
David Price couldn't resist showing a little school spirit.
- Road to playoffs can be long, brutal grind - or rapid ride Updated: Oct-10-15 12:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Rios bounced through four organizations and played nearly 1,700 games before he finally appeared in a postseason game with the Kansas City Royals on Thursday night.
- Lester outpitched, Cubs lose 4-0 to Cardinals in NLDS opener Updated: Oct-09-15 11:05 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jon Lester did all he could to keep the Chicago Cubs close. The lefty knew there was little margin for error against old teammate John Lackey.
- New GM David Stearns sets fresh tone for retooling Brewers Updated: Oct-09-15 1:40 pm
MILWAUKEE - Nearly a week into his tenure with the Milwaukee Brewers, new general manager David Stearns is beginning to set a fresh tone for a franchise in transition.
- NLDS gives Cubs, Cardinals chance to make new memories Updated: Oct-09-15 3:26 am
ST. LOUIS - Joe Maddon stepped to the podium spouting names of obscure Cardinals from the past.
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Cubs win gets most viewers in wild-card game's short history Updated: Oct-08-15 9:22 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago Cubs' return to the playoffs has drawn the largest television audience in the short history of baseball's wild-card game.
- Chicago Cubs give their longest-suffering fans a bit of hope Updated: Oct-08-15 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Living in a nursing home run by the Little Sisters of the Poor, 82-year-old Edith Heath knows something about faith.
- Pirates' Sean Rodriguez makes peace with water cooler Updated: Oct-08-15 5:55 pm
PITTSBURGH - It's all good between Pittsburgh Pirates infielder Sean Rodriguez and the water cooler he TKO'd in the dugout during Pittsburgh's wild-card loss to the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night.
- St. Louis police to increase security for baseball playoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Baseball fans converging on the city's downtown for the playoffs series between the Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs can expect a beefed-up police presence, St. Louis' police chief pledged Thursday, two weeks after a shooting near Busch Stadium left a fan unable to walk and spawned unease about downtown safety.
- Molina on Cardinals' roster, will play wearing splint Updated: Oct-08-15 4:43 pm
ST. LOUIS - All-Star catcher Yadier Molina is on the St. Louis Cardinals' roster for the NL Division Series against the Chicago Cubs and will play wearing a splint to protect a strained ligament in his left thumb.