- Mets RF Curtis Granderson sidelined with strained calf Updated: Jun-30-16 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Curtis Granderson was out of the New York Mets' lineup again Thursday night because of an injured right calf.
- Ruggiano hits walk-off homer, Round Rock beats Iowa 4-2 Updated: Jun-30-16 8:01 pm
ROUND ROCK, Texas -- Justin Ruggiano hit a walk-off two-run homer, as the Round Rock Express beat the Iowa Cubs 4-2 in the first game of a doubleheader on Thursday.
- Davies struggles as Brewers routed by Dodgers 8-1 Updated: Jun-30-16 7:24 pm
MILWAUKEE - After struggling in April, Zach Davies has been one of the few bright spots in the starting rotation for the Milwaukee Brewers over the past two months.
- Dodgers belt 3 home runs in 8-1 rout of Brewers Updated: Jun-30-16 5:57 pm
- Pittsburgh sex offender gets life for 'third strike' offense Updated: Jun-30-16 1:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh sex offender has had three strikes and is never getting out of prison.
- Gun storage truck to park near Cardinals games Updated: Jun-30-16 10:47 am
ST. LOUIS - Like most sporting venues, Busch Stadium prohibits guns. Soon, gun-carrying Cardinals fans will have the option of leaving their weapon in an armored truck instead of their car.
- Cardinals 15-22 at home after 12-inning loss to Royals Updated: Jun-30-16 2:29 am
ST. LOUIS - Mike Matheny realizes the numbers look bad, and reasons the St. Louis Cardinals can't be this bad at home for too much longer.
- Sloppy night for Seattle as Mariners fall 8-1 to Pittsburgh Updated: Jun-30-16 2:19 am
SEATTLE - A poor outing from Wade Miley in his return from the disabled list was only the start of a bad night for the Seattle Mariners.
- Sean Rodriguez drives in 4 as Pirates beat Mariners 8-1 Updated: Jun-30-16 1:55 am
SEATTLE - Clint Hurdle speaks with great appreciation for what Sean Rodriguez brings defensively, playing wherever Pittsburgh needs him to be in the field.
- Escobar's second go-ahead hit leads Royals over Cards in 12 Updated: Jun-30-16 1:53 am
ST. LOUIS - Overcoming two blown saves gave the Kansas City Royals reason to believe this trip would be better.
- Stewart makes debut in Dodgers' 7-0 loss to Brewers Updated: Jun-30-16 12:17 am
MILWAUKEE - Brock Stewart gave it everything he had for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Mets' bats quiet as Murphy and Nationals complete sweep, 4-2 Updated: Jun-30-16 12:06 am
WASHINGTON - With a lineup that was already sputtering, it was no surprise the New York Mets failed to bust out against Nationals ace Max Scherzer.
- Koehler gets roughed up in Marlins' 10-3 loss to Tigers Updated: Jun-29-16 8:53 pm
DETROIT - Tom Koehler got off to another rough start, and the Miami Marlins could not recover.
- Braves set to open ballpark April 13 vs Padres Updated: Jun-29-16 8:31 pm
- Reds swept by Cubs 9-2 after Rizzo hits inside-the-park HR Updated: Jun-29-16 5:38 pm
CINCINNATI - Left fielder Adam Duvall and center fielder Billy Hamilton called for the ball at the same time. Neither one got it, setting up another bad moment for a Reds team that can't seem to do anything right lately.
- Rizzo hits inside-the-park homer as Hamilton gets hit, hurt Updated: Jun-29-16 5:28 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo hit his first inside-the-park homer on Wednesday, providing another weird moment to the Chicago Cubs' series against the Cincinnati Reds.
- Rizzo legs out inside-the-park HR, Cubs sweep Reds 9-2 Updated: Jun-29-16 5:05 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo saw the ball ricochet across the outfield and kicked his legs into high gear, deciding he was going to try to touch 'em all. His sides were aching by the time he slid safely into home plate.
- Kellogg leads South Bend to 8-2 win over Lake County Updated: Jun-29-16 3:47 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana -- Ryan Kellogg allowed just five hits over six innings, leading the South Bend Cubs over the Lake County Captains in an 8-2 win on Wednesday.
- Reds sent JJ Hoover back to minors after rough outing Updated: Jun-29-16 12:21 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds optioned reliever J.J. Hoover to Triple-A Louisville on Wednesday, a few hours after his latest rough outing set a club record.
- Ventura pounded in return as Royals fall to Cardinals, 8-4 Updated: Jun-29-16 12:02 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals starter Yordano Ventura returned from an eight-game suspension for his role in a benches-clearing fight, only to get slapped around by the St. Louis offense on Tuesday night.
- Cardinals' offense comes alive in 8-4 win over Royals Updated: Jun-28-16 11:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Cardinals manager Mike Matheny could have come up with more promising road trips than one against the red-hot Cubs and World Series champion Royals, with a long flight to Seattle smashed right in between.
- Sands, Alamo lead South Bend to 3-0 win over Lake County Updated: Jun-28-16 9:07 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana -- Tyler Alamo hit a two-run home run, and Carson Sands allowed just three hits over seven innings as the South Bend Cubs beat the Lake County Captains 3-0 on Tuesday.
- Former major leaguer Jim Hickman dies at 79 Updated: Jun-28-16 9:02 pm
JACKSON, Tennessee - Jim Hickman, who played for four teams in 13 major league seasons and had a hand in one of the most famous plays in All-Star Game history, has died. He was 79.
- Cardinals bring Pena off DL, designate Fryer for assignment Updated: Jun-28-16 5:31 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The St. Louis Cardinals have activated catcher Brayan Pena from the disabled list and designated Eric Fryer for assignment.
- Negron leads Iowa over Okla. City 3-2 Updated: Jun-28-16 5:22 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Kristopher Negron doubled and singled as the Iowa Cubs beat the Oklahoma City Dodgers 3-2 on Tuesday.