- Cubs rookie Kris Bryant leaves game after headfirst slide Updated: Aug-02-15 4:11 pm
- Rizzo takes Garza fastball deep, Cubs beat Brewers 4-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - Even when Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Matt Garza pitches a good game this season, he has one pitch that lets him down.
- Rizzo homers in 4th straight game, Cubs beat Brewers 4-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:17 pm
MILWAUKEE - Anthony Rizzo is on a roll and he's bringing his Cubs along for the ride.
- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks Updated: Aug-01-15 9:20 pm
CHICAGO - Top of the first, one out. It's a Friday in July, the start of a holiday weekend, and the Chicago Cubs are hosting the Miami Marlins.
- Haren dealt by Marlins to Cubs for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Aug-01-15 10:38 am
- Brewers trade veterans, begin build for future Updated: Aug-01-15 2:15 am
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers didn't turn the page on the 2015 season. They slammed the book shut.
- Cubs acquire reliever Hunter from Orioles for Lake Updated: Jul-31-15 5:24 pm
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- With baseball's 2nd-worst record, a lost season for Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 4:27 pm
MIAMI - Ace right-hander Jose Fernandez is unbeaten and perhaps stronger than ever after recovering from elbow surgery. Giancarlo Stanton remains one of baseball's top power hitters. Dee Gordon is among the game's leaders in batting average and stolen bases. Adeiny Hechavarria has become an All-Star shortstop.
- Lester strikes out 14 to lead Cubs over Rockies 3-2 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester said he wasn't counting his K's, but he sure dominated like a big-time, big-money starter.
- Jose Reyes makes Rockies debut against Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 pm
- Reliever Ramirez to DL, Cubs promote pair of relievers Updated: Jul-29-15 1:54 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago placed right-handed relief pitcher Neil Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with left abdominal soreness.
- Beeler struggles after call-up in Cubs' 7-2 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-29-15 1:17 am
CHICAGO - Uncertainly on the back end of their starting rotation has been a problem for the Chicago Cubs. Dallas Beeler showed he's not the solution.
- Bautista, Travis hurt as Blue Jays lose to Phillies 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost another close game and watched two players leave with injuries Tuesday night.
- Cubs release RHP Edwin Jackson Updated: Jul-27-15 8:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Cubs released right-hander Edwin Jackson on Monday, one week after he was designated for assignment.
- Phillies beat Cubs 11-5 for series sweep Updated: Jul-26-15 7:33 pm
CHICAGO - All of a sudden, the major league-worst Philadelphia Phillies don't look so awful.
- Phillies' Hamels pitching no-hitter thru 8 innings vs Cubs Updated: Jul-25-15 6:32 pm
- Foul-ball injury highlights delicate stadium safety balance Updated: Jul-24-15 10:53 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - For many years, the conventional wisdom goes, anyone who has filed through the turnstiles of a professional baseball stadium and sat down to take in a game on a warm summer night has also risked being hit by a foul ball or the airborne splinters of a broken bat.
- MLB: Cubs rookie Kris Bryant No. 2 in overall jersey sales Updated: Jul-23-15 2:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs are playing better baseball these days and it's showing up in merchandise sales.
- Teagarden's hit leads Cubs to 6-5 win over Reds and DH split Updated: Jul-22-15 10:54 pm
CINCINNATI - Down by five runs early, the Chicago Cubs managed to pull one out in a most improbable way: A .154 hitter getting a single off a 101 mph pitch.
- C Kyle Schwarber in Cubs lineup, back home at GABP Updated: Jul-20-15 7:15 pm
CINCINNATI - Catcher Kyle Schwarber was back home, batting second for the Chicago Cubs in the ballpark where he always dreamed of playing. It has been a good place for him so far.
- Cubs promote reliever Rafael Soriano from Triple-A Updated: Jul-20-15 1:10 pm
CHICAGO - Rafael Soriano can earn an additional $1 million based on games pitched as part of his contract with the Chicago Cubs.
- Cubs' Lester loses no-hit bid on Pierzynski single in 8th Updated: Jul-18-15 9:48 pm
ATLANTA - Jon Lester of the Chicago Cubs has lost his no-hit bid against Atlanta in the eighth inning on a leadoff single by former teammate A.J. Pierzynski.
- After jam with Eddie Vedder, Theo ponders rocking Cubs' boat Updated: Jul-15-15 2:25 pm
CHICAGO - Don't bother asking whether this is the year.
- Playoff races, trade talks highlight 2nd half of MLB season Updated: Jul-15-15 11:21 am
The Cardinals are really good, the Phillies are really bad, and then there's everyone else.