- MacPhail joins Phillies, will be president after season Updated: Jun-29-15 4:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Andy MacPhail is the new man in charge of the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Cubs lose 4-1 as Cardinals complete sweep Updated: Jun-29-15 2:24 am
ST. LOUIS - Pitching has not been the problem with the Chicago Cubs. It's the bats that have gone cold.
- Martinez paces Cardinals to 4-1 win, sweep of Cubs Updated: Jun-29-15 2:05 am
ST. LOUIS - Every five or 10 minutes while the game was on hold, Carlos Martinez went to the indoor batting cage to stay loose.
- Cubs rookie 3B Bryant back in lineup Updated: Jun-26-15 7:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - Chicago Cubs rookie third baseman Kris Bryant returned to the starting lineup for Friday's game at St. Louis, a day after experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Lester chased after 4 innings as Cubs lose to Dodgers 4-0 Updated: Jun-25-15 7:53 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester's first season with the Chicago Cubs is not going as planned.
- Cubs' Russell making transition from shortstop to second Updated: Jun-25-15 6:33 pm
CHICAGO - Addison Russell started on the bag, then then moved behind the base and finally ended up in front for a couple more throws. Then it was his turn to feed Starlin Castro, and he gracefully fielded each grounder before making an assortment of flips to the shortstop coming across second.
- Maddon: Review umps should be replaced by 'bunch of nerds' Updated: Jun-25-15 2:09 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs manager Joe Maddon think baseball's video review umpires should be replaced by "a bunch of nerds."
- Dodgers OF Puig scratched due to callous on left hand Updated: Jun-24-15 8:42 pm
CHICAGO - Los Angeles Dodgers slugger Yasiel Puig has been scratched because of an open callous on his left hand.
- Fan makes great catch over tarp while holding baby Updated: Jun-24-15 12:00 pm
CHICAGO - Two of the National League's best teams faced off at Wrigley Field on Tuesday night, and a fan sitting in the front row stole the show.
- Cubs CF Dexter Fowler out of lineup with ankle injury Updated: Jun-23-15 8:15 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs center fielder Dexter Fowler is out of the starting lineup Tuesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers because of a sprained left ankle.
- Maddon, Friedman catch up before Cubs host Dodgers Updated: Jun-23-15 1:11 am
CHICAGO - A year ago, Joe Maddon and Andrew Friedman were in the middle of a miserable start for the Tampa Bay Rays. Fast forward to Monday night, and Maddon and Friedman were catching up in foul territory at Wrigley Field, and the Rays were in Florida.
- Cubs LHP Tsuyoshi Wada leaves game with cramping in arm Updated: Jun-23-15 1:03 am
CHICAGO - Cubs left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada was removed from his start against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday night with cramping in the back of his left arm.
- Lights problem causes delay in Dodgers-Cubs at Wrigley Field Updated: Jun-22-15 10:27 pm
CHICAGO - The lights at Wrigley Field flickered in the bottom of the sixth inning, prompting an odd scene when Cubs manager Joe Maddon repeatedly came out of the dugout to talk to the umpires during a 10-minute delay.
- Cubs call up OF Szczur from Triple-A, takes Schwarber's spot Updated: Jun-22-15 7:36 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs have recalled outfielder Matt Szczur from Triple-A Iowa to take the roster spot that was held by productive rookie Kyle Schwarber.
- Arrieta pitches shutout, Fowler hits slam, Cubs beat Twins Updated: Jun-21-15 6:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - After botching an easy comebacker to the mound in the third inning, Jake Arrieta made certain he never lost control of the game.
- Rizzo hits 2 home runs, but Hughes, Twins clobber Cubs 7-2 Updated: Jun-20-15 12:23 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Despite the two home runs by Anthony Rizzo, the Chicago Cubs had one of those forgettable nights.
- Urshela's single lifts Indians past Cubs, 4-3 Updated: Jun-19-15 1:31 am
CLEVELAND - Cody Allen didn't get credit for a win or a save Thursday night. He did record the biggest out of the Cleveland Indians' 4-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs.
- Indians crushed in 17-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jun-18-15 12:36 am
CLEVELAND - Ryan Raburn spent the first eight innings at designated hitter for the Cleveland Indians, and David Murphy began Wednesday's game in left field.
- Cubs' Schwarber gets first hit Updated: Jun-17-15 8:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Chicago Cubs rookie Kyle Schwarber, called up to the majors Tuesday, got his first major league hit with a second-inning triple against the Cleveland Indians.
- Cubs' Montero out with stiff back; Rosscup placed on DL Updated: Jun-17-15 6:26 pm
CLEVELAND - Chicago Cubs catcher Miguel Montero has been scratched from Wednesday's lineup because of back stiffness.
- Santana powers Indians past Cubs 6-0 Updated: Jun-17-15 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Carlos Santana found his power stroke in his return to the cleanup spot for the Cleveland Indians.
- The Latest on Stanley Cup: Mayor outlines celebration plans Updated: Jun-16-15 11:00 pm
9:45 p.m. CDT
- Cubs promote C Kyle Schwarber from Double-A to be DH Updated: Jun-16-15 7:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs promoted touted prospect Kyle Schwarber from Double-A Tennessee for what figures to be a brief stay in the majors.
- Thousands spill into the streets to celebrate Blackhawks win Updated: Jun-15-15 11:23 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs weren't in Wrigleyville because of the rain, but the fans of the Blackhawks took up the void.
- Indians-Cubs game rained out Updated: Jun-15-15 11:14 pm