- Fernandez fans 13 and Marlins take series from Cubs, 6-1 Updated: Jun-26-16 5:59 pm
MIAMI - When Jose Fernandez reached second base with a standup double, he looked to his dugout, pulled up his right sleeve and flexed his biceps.
- A rare sort of loss for Cubs, who fall to Marlins 9-6 Updated: Jun-25-16 8:29 pm
MIAMI - After his team lost for the fifth time in its last six games, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon gave a highly detailed list of all the things that concern him right now.
- Bour's early slam not enough as Marlins lose to Cubs 5-4 Updated: Jun-24-16 11:59 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Marlins erased an early four-run deficit with Justin Bour's first-inning grand slam, and then managed only one hit the rest of the night.
- Ben Zobrist leaves game after being hit by pitch on ankle Updated: Jun-24-16 9:47 pm
MIAMI - Chicago Cubs second baseman Ben Zobrist has left his team's game at Miami after he was hit by a pitch on the left ankle.
- World Series possibility drives Nathan in comeback attempt Updated: Jun-24-16 6:57 pm
KODAK, Tennessee - Joe Nathan is attempting to come back from a second Tommy John surgery at the age of 41 to pursue the biggest item missing from his resume.
- Cardinals beat Arrieta, Cubs 7-2 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: Jun-22-16 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - When the St. Louis Cardinals arrived at Wrigley Field for a three-game series, manager Mike Matheny shook off questions about their 12 1/2-game deficit to the surging Cubs by insisting he avoids looking at the standings.
- Cubs option Warren to Triple-A to prepare for start Updated: Jun-21-16 7:33 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs have optioned right-hander Adam Warren to Triple-A Iowa to prepare him for a major league start.
- Cubs place CF Fowler on 15-day DL with hamstring injury Updated: Jun-21-16 12:48 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs placed center fielder Dexter Fowler on the 15-day disabled list on Monday with a right hamstring strain.
- Prospect Contreras homers in 1st at-bat, Cubs sweep Pirates Updated: Jun-20-16 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Prized prospect Willson Contreras received a standing ovation as he made his way to the plate in the sixth inning for his first major league at-bat.
- Nationals outlast Cubs in 12 innings, 5-4 Updated: Jun-15-16 9:38 pm
- Judge gives OK to Ernie Banks caretaker to sell some items Updated: Jun-14-16 10:47 pm
CHICAGO - The caretaker of the late Chicago Cubs great Ernie Banks has permission to sell some of his belongings in an auction.
- Bean spreads MLB's inclusion message after Orlando tragedy Updated: Jun-14-16 8:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Billy Bean, a gay former player and Major League Baseball's first ambassador of inclusion, expressed hope Tuesday night after spending the last two days mourning the mass shooting in Orlando.
- Belt homers to back Peavy; Giants edge Dodgers 2-1 Updated: Jun-13-16 1:04 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jake Peavy's sore neck, which bothered him for much of the past week, didn't get any better when he tumbled toward first base in the sixth inning attempting to beat Dodgers leadoff hitter Chase Utley to the bag.
- Werth's two-run single lifts Nationals over Phillies 5-4 Updated: Jun-12-16 8:55 pm
- Lester allows no earned runs as Cubs rout Braves 13-2 Updated: Jun-12-16 6:26 pm
ATLANTA - Jon Lester stopped himself as he started to say he hoped the Cubs could keep winning at their current pace.
- Cubs' Maddon intrigued about idea of pitchers in HR Derby Updated: Jun-12-16 3:31 pm
ATLANTA - Cubs manager Joe Maddon is intrigued about having pitchers, including Chicago ace Jake Arrieta, compete in the All-Star Home Run Derby.
- Last option Jeanmar Gomez was best choice to close for Phils Updated: Jun-11-16 3:20 am
PHILADELPHIA - The bullpen door swings open in center field and Jeanmar Gomez jogs to the mound to protect a lead and secure a win for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Phillies place RHP Velasquez on 15-day DL Updated: Jun-10-16 6:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The Philadelphia Phillies placed right-hander Vince Velasquez on the 15-day disabled list with a right biceps strain two days after the starter was pulled in the first inning.
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo removed from lineup with back tightness Updated: Jun-10-16 5:17 pm
ATLANTA - First baseman Anthony Rizzo has been scratched from the Chicago Cubs' lineup against the Atlanta Braves due to back tightness.
- Cubs reacquire outfielder Chris Coghlan from Oakland Updated: Jun-09-16 5:57 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs have reacquired outfielder Chris Coghlan from Oakland for Arismendy Alcantara.
- Lackey goes 7 strong, Cubs beat Phillies 8-1 Updated: Jun-08-16 5:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - John Lackey gave the Chicago Cubs another excellent start, a common theme for baseball's best team.
- Harper drives in 3 runs, Nationals beat White Sox 10-5 Updated: Jun-08-16 1:20 am
CHICAGO - Mat Latos had all sorts of adjectives to describe his latest shaky start for the struggling Chicago White Sox. Few were suitable for print.
- Cubs place Soler on DL; call up prospect Almora Updated: Jun-07-16 7:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Chicago Cubs placed outfielder Jorge Soler on the 15-day disabled list because of a left hamstring strain and selected the contract of prospect Albert Almora Jr. from Triple-A Iowa.
- Corbin, Diamondbacks end Arrieta's win streak, beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Patrick Corbin knew what he was up against, with the Diamondbacks trying to snap Jake Arrieta's historic win streak and avoid a sweep by the major league-leading Cubs.
- Arrieta's win streak ends at 20, Diamondbacks beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:13 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta had been winning at such a remarkable rate it was almost jarring to see the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner lose a game.