- Arrieta, Cubs agree at $10.7M, AP source says Updated: Feb-06-16 12:42 am
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta and the Chicago Cubs found a number that worked in the canyon between their arbitration proposals.
- Fernando Rodney and Padres finalize $2 million, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-04-16 9:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - Reliever Fernando Rodney and the San Diego Padres completed their $2 million, one-year contract on Thursday.
- Dodgers hire Maddux and Ibanez as special assistants Updated: Feb-02-16 6:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have hired Hall of Fame pitcher Greg Maddux and 19-year veteran Raul Ibanez as special assistants to Andrew Friedman in the team's front office.
- Optimism rules at Cubs Convention after 97-win season Updated: Jan-16-16 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - Fans gave Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon a rock star's welcome, chanting his name as they greeted him with a standing ovation.
- Cubs SS Addison Russell drops 12 pounds, ready for 2016 Updated: Jan-16-16 2:09 am
CHICAGO - When Addison Russell got hurt in Game 3 of the NL Division Series in October, he got right back to work while trying to return to the field for the Chicago Cubs.
- Arrieta, Cubs have biggest gap in arbitration at $5.5M Updated: Jan-15-16 9:36 pm
NEW YORK - NL Cy Young Award winner Jake Arrieta had the largest gap among 35 players who swapped proposed figures with their teams in salary arbitration, and new Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman also had a big difference.
- Edwin Jackson signs $507,500, 1-year deal with Miami Marlins Updated: Jan-13-16 10:03 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Marlins added pitching depth Wednesday, signing right-hander Edwin Jackson to a one-year deal for the major league minimum $507,500.
- Cubs owners buy 3 rooftop businesses across from Wrigley Updated: Jan-13-16 4:26 pm
CHICAGO - The owners of the Chicago Cubs have purchased three more rooftop businesses across from Wrigley Field.
- Hall of Fame baseball player Monte Irvin dies at 96 Updated: Jan-12-16 5:16 pm
HOUSTON - Hall of Famer Monte Irvin, a power-hitting outfielder who starred for the New York Giants in the 1950s in a career abbreviated by major league baseball's exclusion of black players, has died. He was 96.