- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Cubs win gets most viewers in wild-card game's short history Updated: Oct-08-15 9:22 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago Cubs' return to the playoffs has drawn the largest television audience in the short history of baseball's wild-card game.
- Chicago Cubs give their longest-suffering fans a bit of hope Updated: Oct-08-15 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Living in a nursing home run by the Little Sisters of the Poor, 82-year-old Edith Heath knows something about faith.
- Lester vs Lackey matches former Red Sox teammates Updated: Oct-08-15 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey has been quite the bargain for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- St. Louis police to increase security for baseball playoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Baseball fans converging on the city's downtown for the playoffs series between the Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs can expect a beefed-up police presence, St. Louis' police chief pledged Thursday, two weeks after a shooting near Busch Stadium left a fan unable to walk and spawned unease about downtown safety.
- Pirates head into offseason after another October stumble Updated: Oct-08-15 12:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - The man who symbolized the Pittsburgh Pirates' resurgence offered one final bit of advice before hopping onto his custom-made, Batman-inspired ride and zooming off into retirement.
- Pirates stopped by Arrieta, fall to Cubs 4-0 in NL wild card Updated: Oct-08-15 12:53 am
- Arrieta, Cubs silence Pirates 4-0 to win NL wild-card game Updated: Oct-08-15 12:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Maybe it's time to stop treating the Chicago Cubs like they're too young to be here.
- Rangers hold on for 3-2 victory over Blackhawks Updated: Oct-08-15 12:01 am
- Cubs, Pirates clear benches after Arrieta gets hit Updated: Oct-07-15 10:20 pm
- No Ordinary Joe, Cubs' Maddon might be MLB's best skipper Updated: Oct-07-15 2:19 am
CHICAGO - Everyone expected some zaniness when Joe Maddon came to town.
- Closer Melancon quiet exclamation point for Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 7:10 pm
PITTSBURGH - The greatest season by a Pittsburgh Pirates reliever began with doubt.
- Cubs take aim at postseason after making big leap Updated: Oct-05-15 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - No matter how the playoffs turn out for the Chicago Cubs, manager Joe Maddon wanted to know one thing.
- Bryant has best-selling baseball jersey; Bumgarner 2nd Updated: Oct-05-15 12:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs first baseman Kris Bryant has the most popular jersey among big leaguers this season, the first rookie to top the list since Major League Baseball and its players' union started releasing sales rankings from MLB.com's online shop in 2010.
- MLB: Chicago Cubs Kris Bryant jersey is top seller Updated: Oct-05-15 11:06 am
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant hasn't played a single game in the postseason but already he's a winner.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Votto ties Rose but Reds lose 13th straight, 6-4 in 12 Updated: Oct-03-15 4:54 am
PITTSBURGH - Joey Votto reached base safely in his 48th straight game, matching a Cincinnati Reds record set by Pete Rose in 1978.
- Davis hits another homer, but Brewers fall 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Oct-03-15 1:05 am
- Marte's homer in 12th inning lifts Pirates over Reds 6-4 Updated: Oct-03-15 12:49 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates are on the verge of hosting the NL wild card game for the third straight year.
- Cubs beat Brewers, try to keep up in race to host wild card Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 am
- Column: Cubs finally have a team that can end the curse Updated: Oct-02-15 8:33 pm
The uniforms are the same.
- White Sox to install 3 new video boards for next season Updated: Oct-01-15 8:49 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox plan to change the look of U.S. Cellular Field next season.
- Reds' losing streak reaches 12 with 5-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Oct-01-15 7:19 pm
CINCINNATI - Evidence of the Reds' growing pains showed in a decisive pitch by rookie John Lamb to Austin Jackson that led to another loss.