- Votto ties Rose but Reds lose 13th straight, 6-4 in 12 Updated: Oct-03-15 4:54 am
PITTSBURGH - Joey Votto reached base safely in his 48th straight game, matching a Cincinnati Reds record set by Pete Rose in 1978.
- Davis hits another homer, but Brewers fall 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Oct-03-15 1:05 am
- Marte's homer in 12th inning lifts Pirates over Reds 6-4 Updated: Oct-03-15 12:49 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates are on the verge of hosting the NL wild card game for the third straight year.
- Cubs beat Brewers, try to keep up in race to host wild card Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 am
- Column: Cubs finally have a team that can end the curse Updated: Oct-02-15 8:33 pm
The uniforms are the same.
- White Sox to install 3 new video boards for next season Updated: Oct-01-15 8:49 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox plan to change the look of U.S. Cellular Field next season.
- Reds' losing streak reaches 12 with 5-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Oct-01-15 7:19 pm
CINCINNATI - Evidence of the Reds' growing pains showed in a decisive pitch by rookie John Lamb to Austin Jackson that led to another loss.
- Jackson's 9th homer of season helps Cubs to 5-3 win vs Reds Updated: Oct-01-15 5:21 pm
CINCINNATI - Austin Jackson has enjoyed a good month over the last two games, according to Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon.
- Judge dismisses rooftop clubs' lawsuit against Chicago Cubs Updated: Oct-01-15 7:52 am
CHICAGO - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit brought against the Chicago Cubs by rooftop clubs adjacent to Wrigley Field.
- With Cubs playoff bound, Williams thinks of Banks, Santo Updated: Oct-01-15 2:45 am
CHICAGO - Billy Williams couldn't help but let his mind drift, thinking about his old teammates Ernie Banks and Ron Santo.
- Pirates fall to Cardinals to cede NL Central title Updated: Sep-30-15 11:57 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates spent the last four months breathlessly trying to chase down the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Royals offense can't support pitching in 1-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Sep-29-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Yordano Ventura has been nearly unbeatable over the past two months. But even what may have been his best outing of the season wasn't enough for the Kansas City Royals on Monday night.
- Denorfia's HR in 11th gives Cubs 1-0 win over Royals Updated: Sep-29-15 12:28 am
CHICAGO - Chris Denorfia is a senior citizen in a clubhouse filled with youngsters. The veteran felt like one of the kids Monday night.
- Reds nearly no-hit in 5-1 loss to Scherzer, Nationals Updated: Sep-28-15 9:01 pm
- Chairman Tom Ricketts not surprised by Cubs' success Updated: Sep-28-15 8:11 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts isn't surprised that his team is headed back to the postseason.
- A tight race for an AL wild card ... and that's about it Updated: Sep-28-15 3:14 am
It's been a down year for pennant races.
- Arrieta pitches Cubs to 4-0 victory over Pirates Updated: Sep-28-15 12:19 am
CHICAGO - The numbers are growing more ridiculous with each start, and the Chicago Cubs are running out of ways to describe the brilliance of Jake Arrieta.
- Cubs Arrieta allows 1st hit in 7th Updated: Sep-27-15 10:11 pm
- Cubs celebrate playoff clincher after loss to Pirates Updated: Sep-26-15 6:35 pm
CHICAGO - The blaring music and smell of sparkling wine were unmistakable once the doors opened to the media.
- Cubs close in on playoffs and fans loving every moment Updated: Sep-25-15 7:09 am
CHICAGO - As much as he is enjoying this, Greg Simon can't quite escape the thought that it might unravel in some cruel, freakish way.
- Pirates rally to beat Rockies 5-4, earn 10,000th win Updated: Sep-24-15 11:03 pm
DENVER - These days, the Pittsburgh Pirates are spreading their clutch play around, and Pedro Alvarez was the latest to step into the spotlight.
- Cubs can't muster offense in 4-1 loss to Brewers Updated: Sep-24-15 12:11 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs' offense may have disappeared for one night, but considering the postseason aspirations his team has, manager Joe Maddon isn't overly concerned.
- Maddon brings cheetah for pregame visit to Wrigley Field Updated: Sep-23-15 9:35 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't want his players sweating the pressure of a playoff chase.
- The wild life: Maddon brings petting zoo to Wrigley Field Updated: Sep-22-15 9:07 pm
CHICAGO - Now that's living the wild life!
- Cubs' Maddon makes good on 'day at the beach' promise Updated: Sep-20-15 7:54 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs manager Joe Maddon made good on his promise to give Pedro Strop a "day at the beach" on Sunday after the reliever bailed Chicago out of a ninth-inning jam Saturday to preserve a 5-4 win.