- Lackey's start spoiled by one swing, Cardinals beat Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-24-16 12:55 am
ST. LOUIS - Another dominant outing for Chicago Cubs starter John Lackey against his former team was spoiled by one swing of the bat.
- Grichuk's homer in 9th lifts Cardinals to 4-3 win Updated: May-24-16 12:27 am
ST. LOUIS - Randal Grichuk told reporters Monday afternoon that his sore back was OK. A few hours later, Grichuk proved it with his first career walk-off home run.
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-23-16 12:30 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants aren't lighting up the scoreboard, but they're doing enough to keep piling up the wins.
- Cubs RF Jason Heyward out 3-5 games with side bruise Updated: May-21-16 6:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Chicago Cubs right fielder Jason Heyward will miss three to five games with a bruise on his right side near his ribs.
- Giants shut down by Arrieta in 8-1 loss to Cubs Updated: May-21-16 3:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants couldn't get anything going against Jake Arrieta. Then again, no team has in the regular season since last July.
- Cubs' Heyward leaves with apparent abdominal injury Updated: May-20-16 11:40 pm
- Samardzija pitches Giants to 8th straight win, 3-1 vs Padres Updated: May-20-16 1:15 am
SAN DIEGO - Bruce Bochy met Jeff Samardzija as the big right-hander came into the dugout after the eighth inning and told him he was done for the night.
- Polanco powers Pirates by Braves 8-2 Updated: May-19-16 11:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle moved Gregory Polanco into the third spot in the lineup earlier this month curious to see what the still somewhat raw left fielder could do.
- Guerra strikes out 11 as Brewers slow Cubs with 5-3 win Updated: May-19-16 6:04 pm
MILWAUKEE - Junior Guerra used his split-finger fastball to carry the Milwaukee Brewers to victory.
- Anderson's no-hit bid for Brewers broken up in 8th by Cubs Updated: May-17-16 10:11 pm
- Cubs sign Joe Nathan, recovering from Tommy John surgery Updated: May-17-16 7:55 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Chicago Cubs agreed Tuesday to a one-year contract with Joe Nathan, a six-time All-Star reliever recovering from Tommy John surgery.
- Bonds: Harper should diversify his game to adapt to walks Updated: May-16-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - When pitchers were intentionally walking Barry Bonds more than anyone else in baseball history, his father had a simple message for him.
- Pirates end Lester no-hit bid in 7th, edge Cubs behind Cole Updated: May-15-16 7:22 pm
CHICAGO - While the attention was on Jon Lester's quest for a second no-hitter, Gerrit Cole kept quietly matching zeros with him.
- Marte singles in 7th for Pirates' first hit off Lester Updated: May-15-16 4:14 pm
CHICAGO - Starling Marte has singled with one out in the seventh for Pittsburgh's first hit against Chicago Cubs left-hander Jon Lester.
- LEADING OFF: Cubs go for another sweep, Ellsbury returns Updated: May-14-16 9:15 pm
A look at what's happening all around the majors Sunday:
- Cubs catcher Miguel Montero activated from disabled list Updated: May-14-16 1:40 pm
CHICAGO - Miguel Montero was activated from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday, putting three catchers on the roster for the Chicago Cubs.
- From Harper's ejection to Scherzer's 20 Ks, Nats making news Updated: May-12-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer's record-tying 20-strikeout performance was only the latest in a recent series of newsworthy moments for the Washington Nationals, one right after the other.
- Fowler, Jackson spark Chicago's baseball teams Updated: May-12-16 2:41 pm
- Scherzer has 20 Ks, ties MLB record as Nats top Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-12-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has thrown two no-hitters, come within one strike of a perfect game and met just about every expectation that accompanied the $210 million contract he signed with Washington.
- Tigers succumb to Scherzer's 20 Ks, lose 3-2 to Nats Updated: May-12-16 12:36 am
WASHINGTON - In five seasons with the Detroit Tigers, Max Scherzer pitched well enough to make two All-Star teams, win the 2013 AL Cy Young Award and lead the league in wins in back-to-back seasons.
- Pomeranz leads Padres to 1-0 win, doubleheader sweep of Cubs Updated: May-12-16 12:28 am
CHICAGO - Drew Pomeranz can't explain his surprising start. He simply wants to keep it going.
- Cubs ace Arrieta not surprised by Strasburg contract Updated: May-11-16 2:35 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs ace Jake Arrieta saw the numbers for Stephen Strasburg's new contract with Washington. He wasn't surprised at all.
- Padres SS Alexei Ramirez exits with cramping in hamstring Updated: May-10-16 10:51 pm
CHICAGO - Padres shortstop Alexei Ramirez has left San Diego's game against the Chicago Cubs due to cramping in his left hamstring.
- Padres claim LHP Keith Hessler off waivers from D-backs Updated: May-10-16 7:09 pm
- Padres-Cubs rained out, putting Chicago's 24-6 start on hold Updated: May-09-16 11:15 pm
CHICAGO - There's seemingly only one thing that can stop the Chicago Cubs these days: rain.