- Rain postpones Braves-Cubs; Gonzalez happy game called early Updated: Apr-30-16 2:48 pm
- Rain postpones Braves-Cubs; Maddon says bullpen a priority Updated: Apr-30-16 2:47 pm
CHICAGO - If there's any question about his first-place team, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon says it has to do with its untested relief corps.
- Banned Marlins star Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
MIAMI - To the president of the Miami Marlins, whatever star Dee Gordon did to trigger a positive drug test still amounted to one thing.
- Szczur hits grand slam, Lester fans 10 as Cubs beat Braves Updated: Apr-29-16 6:31 pm
CHICAGO - When Chicago Cubs slugger Kyle Schwarber was lost for the season with a knee injury, Matt Szczur took on a new role as a reserve outfielder.
- MRI reveals minor right ankle sprain for Cubs' Kris Bryant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:34 pm
CHICAGO - An MRI has confirmed that Kris Bryant of the Chicago Cubs has a minor right ankle sprain.
- Braves end 8-game slide, beat Red Sox 5-3 behind Markakis Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
BOSTON - Atlanta hitters got to Clay Buchholz early and never let up as the Braves pieced together a rare victory.
- Arrieta wins 16th straight decision as Cubs beat Brewers 7-2 Updated: Apr-28-16 9:14 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid for a second straight no-hitter was dashed on his fifth pitch. His Wrigley Field scoreless streak ended at 52 2/3 innings.
- Arrieta's bid for 2nd straight no-hitter ends on 5th pitch Updated: Apr-28-16 3:55 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid to become the second pitcher to throw consecutive no-hitters has ended with a broken-bat single on his fifth pitch.
- Cubs C Montero headed to DL; Federowicz called up from Iowa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs catcher Miguel Montero is headed to the 15-day disabled list with lower back tightness.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Jake Arrieta waits as Brewers and Cubs postponed by rain Updated: Apr-27-16 8:31 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta will have to wait another day for his chance to match Johnny Vander Meer.
- Brewers' Ryan Braun healthy, off to good start at plate Updated: Apr-25-16 1:54 pm
MILWAUKEE - Ryan Braun is healthy again, and it's showing with his swing.
- Rizzo's 2 homers, 4 RBIs lead Cubs to 9-0 rout of Reds Updated: Apr-24-16 5:53 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo's sessions with Chicago Cubs assistant hitting coach Eric Hinske are starting to pay off.
- Cubs give up 4 homers, lose to Reds 13-5 Updated: Apr-23-16 11:20 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs finally had one of those nights against a team they'd manhandled lately.
- Cubs fan says arrest on field after no-hitter 'worth it' Updated: Apr-23-16 6:16 pm
CHICAGO - The fan who ran onto the field to celebrate Chicago Cubs pitcher Jake Arrieta's no-hitter says getting arrested was "worth every penny."
- Gibson replaces injured Kellogg on Mets-Braves umpire crew Updated: Apr-23-16 3:41 pm
- Jake Arrieta reaching new heights, along with his Cubs team Updated: Apr-22-16 9:37 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs got together in one of their hotel rooms and threw a pizza party to celebrate Jake Arrieta's second no-hitter. Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but it's the best they could do after midnight.
- Cubs' Arrieta throwing no-hitter vs Reds through 8 innings Updated: Apr-22-16 7:22 am
- After delay, Cardinals beat Cubs 5-3 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-20-16 9:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis right-hander Carlos Martinez is ready to show his appreciation to outfielder Randal Grichuk.
- Kyle Schwarber undergoes reconstructive knee surgery Updated: Apr-19-16 7:43 pm
ST. LOUIS - Chicago Cubs young slugger Kyle Schwarber, out for the season with a left knee injury, has undergone reconstructive surgery to repair torn ligaments.
- Former big league pitcher Milt Pappas dies at age 76 Updated: Apr-19-16 6:38 pm
CHICAGO - Milt Pappas, who came within a disputed pitch of throwing a perfect game for the Chicago Cubs in 1972 and was part of the lopsided trade that brought Frank Robinson to Baltimore, died Tuesday. He was 76.
- Heyward to Cardinals fans: Bring on the boos Updated: Apr-18-16 8:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward expected a harsh reception from St. Louis Cardinals fans. He sort of looked forward to it, and even took off his helmet in acknowledgement when he heard the boos before his first at-bat.
- Arenado homers twice, leads Chatwood, Rockies over Cubs Updated: Apr-17-16 6:59 pm
CHICAGO - Tyler Chatwood really had something to talk about after his performance at Wrigley Field.
- Umpire Hirschbeck leaves game after hit with foul ball Updated: Apr-15-16 5:02 pm
CHICAGO - Umpire John Hirschbeck left Friday's Colorado Rockies-Chicago Cubs game in the eighth inning after he appeared to take a foul ball off his neck.
- Cubs activate Javier Baez from 15-day disabled list Updated: Apr-15-16 1:19 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs have activated utility player Javier Baez from the disabled list and optioned infielder Munenori Kawasaki to Triple-A Iowa.