- Rockies offense can't solve Lester in 3-2 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 7:19 pm
CHICAGO - Walt Weiss couldn't question his team's fight. But no matter how hard the Colorado Rockies battled, Jon Lester proved unbeatable.
- Lester strikes out 14 to lead Cubs over Rockies 3-2 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester said he wasn't counting his K's, but he sure dominated like a big-time, big-money starter.
- Jose Reyes makes Rockies debut against Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 pm
- Reliever Ramirez to DL, Cubs promote pair of relievers Updated: Jul-29-15 1:54 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago placed right-handed relief pitcher Neil Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with left abdominal soreness.
- Beeler struggles after call-up in Cubs' 7-2 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-29-15 1:17 am
CHICAGO - Uncertainly on the back end of their starting rotation has been a problem for the Chicago Cubs. Dallas Beeler showed he's not the solution.
- Bautista, Travis hurt as Blue Jays lose to Phillies 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost another close game and watched two players leave with injuries Tuesday night.
- Cubs release RHP Edwin Jackson Updated: Jul-27-15 8:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Cubs released right-hander Edwin Jackson on Monday, one week after he was designated for assignment.
- Phillies beat Cubs 11-5 for series sweep Updated: Jul-26-15 7:33 pm
CHICAGO - All of a sudden, the major league-worst Philadelphia Phillies don't look so awful.
- Phillies' Hamels pitching no-hitter thru 8 innings vs Cubs Updated: Jul-25-15 6:32 pm
- Foul-ball injury highlights delicate stadium safety balance Updated: Jul-24-15 10:53 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - For many years, the conventional wisdom goes, anyone who has filed through the turnstiles of a professional baseball stadium and sat down to take in a game on a warm summer night has also risked being hit by a foul ball or the airborne splinters of a broken bat.
- MLB: Cubs rookie Kris Bryant No. 2 in overall jersey sales Updated: Jul-23-15 2:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs are playing better baseball these days and it's showing up in merchandise sales.
- Teagarden's hit leads Cubs to 6-5 win over Reds and DH split Updated: Jul-22-15 10:54 pm
CINCINNATI - Down by five runs early, the Chicago Cubs managed to pull one out in a most improbable way: A .154 hitter getting a single off a 101 mph pitch.
- C Kyle Schwarber in Cubs lineup, back home at GABP Updated: Jul-20-15 7:15 pm
CINCINNATI - Catcher Kyle Schwarber was back home, batting second for the Chicago Cubs in the ballpark where he always dreamed of playing. It has been a good place for him so far.
- Cubs promote reliever Rafael Soriano from Triple-A Updated: Jul-20-15 1:10 pm
CHICAGO - Rafael Soriano can earn an additional $1 million based on games pitched as part of his contract with the Chicago Cubs.
- Cubs' Lester loses no-hit bid on Pierzynski single in 8th Updated: Jul-18-15 9:48 pm
ATLANTA - Jon Lester of the Chicago Cubs has lost his no-hit bid against Atlanta in the eighth inning on a leadoff single by former teammate A.J. Pierzynski.
- After jam with Eddie Vedder, Theo ponders rocking Cubs' boat Updated: Jul-15-15 2:25 pm
CHICAGO - Don't bother asking whether this is the year.
- Playoff races, trade talks highlight 2nd half of MLB season Updated: Jul-15-15 11:21 am
The Cardinals are really good, the Phillies are really bad, and then there's everyone else.
- Reds' Todd Frazier wins All-Star Derby in home park Updated: Jul-13-15 11:37 pm
CINCINNATI - "The Toddfather" has a new title. Todd Frazier - Little League World Series star, Frank Sinatra aficionado - is baseball's new King of Swing.
- The Latest: Donaldson eliminates Rizzo from Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-13-15 8:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Here are the latest developments from baseball's All-Star Game festivities in Cincinnati, where sluggers will compete in the Home Run Derby on Monday night before Tuesday's game to decide home field advantage in the World Series (all times local):
- Tulowitzki homers as Rockies sweep Braves, 11-3. Updated: Jul-12-15 8:39 pm
DENVER - Troy Tulowitzki showed why he is headed to another All-Star Game.
- Homegrown catcher leads US over World 10-1 in Futures Game Updated: Jul-12-15 7:20 pm
CINCINNATI - A homer in Cleveland. A triple in Cincinnati. From top-to-bottom in his home state, Kyle Schwarber is demonstrating he can pretty much hit anything.
- Cubs shut down rival White Sox for 3-1 win Updated: Jul-12-15 6:27 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta is taking a few days off for the All-Star break. But on Sunday, it looked like he shouldn't be.
- Lester outpitched by Sale, Cubs lose 5-1 to White Sox Updated: Jul-11-15 9:20 pm
CHICAGO - Almost as soon as he stepped on the mound, Jon Lester fell into a hole. Once he settled down, he did not get the support he needed.
- Cubs C Montero leaves game vs White Sox with jammed thumb Updated: Jul-11-15 7:56 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs catcher Miguel Montero has left their game against the White Sox because of a jammed left thumb.
- Cubs don't expect Hammel to miss turn in rotation Updated: Jul-10-15 3:30 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs do not expect starter Jason Hammel to miss a turn in the rotation because of a hamstring problem.