- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering Updated: Jul-05-15 10:50 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America ended with Chile celebrating a long-awaited triumph and Argentina left wondering how much longer its title drought will last.
- Messi fails again with Argentina's national team Updated: Jul-04-15 10:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi has come up short again in his attempt to succeed with Argentina's national team.
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America Updated: Jul-04-15 7:57 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The wait is finally over for Chile. The title drought has ended.
- AP Exclusive: CONMEBOL head says 'we need total change' Updated: Jul-04-15 4:59 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - CONMEBOL needs "total and absolute change," president Juan Angel Napout said on Saturday after it became engulfed in the FIFA corruption scandal.
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final Updated: Jun-30-15 11:21 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Lionel Messi helped set up five goals as Argentina trounced Paraguay 6-1 in the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday, setting up a final against host Chile.
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.
- Paraguay again eliminates Brazil in Copa America quarters Updated: Jun-28-15 12:14 am
CONCEPCION, Chile - Paraguay defeated Brazil 4-3 in a penalty shootout after a 1-1 draw on Saturday to advance to the semifinals of the Copa America, handing the five-time world champions yet another disappointment a year after the humiliating World Cup elimination at home.
- Jara being investigated for provoking Cavani at Copa America Updated: Jun-25-15 2:48 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - South American football officials will look into the actions of Chile defender Gonzalo Jara, who was caught on video poking Edinson Cavani's behind to provoke a red card in the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Host Chile beats Uruguay to reach Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-25-15 1:33 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile's hopes of winning its home Copa America sharply improved with a 1-0 win over defending champion Uruguay on Wednesday.
- Messi vs. James again - now in Copa America quarterfinals Updated: Jun-22-15 2:36 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi and James Rodriguez are about to meet again. They've left their clubs behind - Barcelona and Real Madrid - and this time Messi is wearing Argentina's blue and white and Rodriguez the red, blue and yellow of Colombia.
- Without Neymar, Brazil beats Venezuela 2-1 to reach last 8 Updated: Jun-21-15 10:08 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Playing without suspended star Neymar, Brazil defeated Venezuela 2-1 Sunday in its final group game to reach the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Copa America gives Brazil 1st chance for redemption Updated: Jun-12-15 11:20 am
SAO PAULO - Brazil will play at the Copa America with more on the line than just another South American title.
- Host Chile beats Ecuador 2-0 in Copa America opener Updated: Jun-11-15 10:14 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Arturo Vidal and Eduardo Vargas scored second-half goals to give Chile a 2-0 win over Ecuador on Thursday in the opening match of a Copa America that got underway amid the corruption investigation involving local football officials.
- Brazil beats Honduras 1-0 in final warmup for Copa America Updated: Jun-10-15 11:47 pm
PORTO ALEGRE, Brazil - Boosted by the return of Neymar, Brazil defeated Honduras 1-0 on Wednesday in its final warmup before traveling to Chile for the Copa America.
- Messi, Neymar try not to be upstaged at Copa America Updated: Jun-10-15 9:53 am
- Brazil beats Mexico 2-0 in warmup for Copa America Updated: Jun-07-15 6:32 pm
SAO PAULO - Philippe Coutinho and Diego Tardelli scored a goal each in the first half to give Brazil a 2-0 win over Mexico in a warmup for the Copa America on Sunday.