- Former Notre Dame standout Eilers donates $3M to university Updated: Oct-09-15 4:51 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A member of Notre Dame's last national championship football team has donated $3 million to endow the defensive backs coaching position.
- Notre Dame linebacker Schmidt goes from walk-on to captain Updated: Oct-08-15 3:52 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The words "former walk-on" are no longer the first ones used to describe Notre Dame middle linebacker Joe Schmidt.
- Navy-Notre Dame Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 3:43 pm
Navy (4-0) at No. 15 Notre Dame (4-1), 3:30 p.m. (NBC)
- No. 6 Clemson's rising defense aiming to be best once again Updated: Oct-08-15 1:37 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Safety Jayron Kearse had a quick assessment for those doubting No. 6 Clemson's defensive strength.
- Kelly doesn't know whether No. 15 Irish have playoff shot Updated: Oct-06-15 4:40 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Coach Brian Kelly hopes No. 15 Notre Dame still has a shot at the college football playoff if the Fighting Irish win the rest of their games.
- No. 6 Clemson focuses on Georgia Tech, not Notre Dame win Updated: Oct-05-15 2:37 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - No. 6 Clemson began preparing for life after Notre Dame well before beating the Fighting Irish this past weekend.
- Balanced Penn State defeats Army 20-14 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:31 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Christian Hackenberg passed for 156 yards and a touchdown and Penn State beat Army 20-14 at Beaver Stadium.
- BYU overcomes 3 turnovers to beat UConn 30-13 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:51 am
PROVO, Utah - Tanner Mangum was 35 of 53 for 365 yards and connected with Mitch Mathews for two fourth-quarter touchdowns to help BYU beat UConn 30-13 on Friday night.
- Will quarterbacks re-emerge in the Heisman, draft picture? Updated: Oct-02-15 10:54 pm
Quarterbacks have won the Heisman Trophy five straight seasons and have been selected first in the NFL Draft five of the last seven years.
- Clemson officials: School able to operate game Updated: Oct-02-15 10:37 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - The Clemson athletic department said the 12th-ranked Tigers contest with No. 6 Notre Dame remains on schedule for Saturday, despite forecasts of up to a foot of rain for this weekend.
- Clemson's Deshaun, Notre Dame's DeShone: QBs look to shine Updated: Oct-02-15 10:21 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson's Deshaun Watson and Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer share similar names, the leadership of two high-performing offenses - and the pressure to succeed when the sixth-ranked Fighting Irish (4-0) and 12th-ranked Tigers (3-0) play Saturday night.
- LB Smith is on move as leader of No. 6 Notre Dame's defense Updated: Oct-01-15 2:33 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith is hard to keep track of.
- Clemson secondary focused on Fuller, Notre Dame receivers Updated: Oct-01-15 1:29 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson safety Jayron Kearse has heard - and read - a little too much about Will Fuller and the rest of No. 6 Notre Dame's talented receivers.
- Hard to determine how good No. 6 Notre Dame is after 4 games Updated: Sep-29-15 6:31 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Sixth-ranked Notre Dame faces a lot of unanswered questions through four games of the season.
- Wolverines hit Top 25 behind stingy defense Updated: Sep-28-15 6:26 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan is back in the Top 25 largely because of a defense that is steadily improving under coach Jim Harbaugh.
- No. 12 Clemson hopes to change its history vs. No. 6 Irish Updated: Sep-28-15 2:34 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - An undefeated start, a sold-out stadium and much of the college football world locked on Clemson: That combination has not worked out in recent years for the 12th-ranked Tigers.
- No. 16 Arizona falls 56-30 to No. 9 UCLA to open Pac-12 Updated: Sep-27-15 12:55 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona had another huge day on the ground, powering its way to 353 yards against a UCLA defense not known for giving up that many.
- No. 9 UCLA routs No. 16 Arizona 56-30 to open Pac-12 Updated: Sep-27-15 12:44 am
TUCSON, Arizona - The grumbling started when UCLA struggled to get past Brigham Young. It grew louder after star linebacker Myles Jack went out for the season with a knee injury.
- Army snaps losing streak, beats Eastern Michigan 58-36 Updated: Sep-26-15 10:45 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - After a season-opening run of "what if?" losses, Army made sure there would be no late drama.
- UMass keeps it close early, falls 62-27 to No. 6 Notre Dame Updated: Sep-26-15 9:22 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Down two touchdowns early, Massachusetts rallied against sixth-ranked Notre Dame and closed within a point late in the first half.
- No. 6 Notre Dame overcomes slow start, beats UMass 62-27 Updated: Sep-26-15 8:52 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame punter Tyler Newsome pinned back Massachusetts, and returner C.J. Sanders got the sixth-ranked Fighting Irish going.
- No. 22 BYU roughed up, routed and humbled 31-0 at Michigan Updated: Sep-26-15 6:28 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A Hail Mary would not have helped BYU. The No. 22 Cougars needed much more than that.
- Michigan's Smith hurts ankle, says he'll play next week Updated: Sep-26-15 5:45 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan running back De'Veon Smith seems to have survived a scare.
- Michigan routs No. 22 BYU 31-0, a rare win over ranked team Updated: Sep-26-15 5:35 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan may not be back just yet.
- No. 22 BYU thrives in late-game situations Updated: Sep-24-15 5:16 pm
PROVO, Utah - BYU running backs coach Mark Atuaia remembers a staff meeting shortly after he was hired that focused on having a resilient team filled with a certain type of player. Three years later, that focus seems to be paying dividends.